Well it started..

We have had quick GN's out here for many years. Ron Fuchey, Kenny, Scott Chestnut, Billy Chapin, Hanna, Lou and it goes on and on.
Jeff

they all must be in their garages then, since i have been out here i have only seen a couple at the strips :frown: .. it would be nice to get that group and the up and comers to all come out to LACR for the Buick event to show everyone what our little v6's can do :)

We have had quick GN's out here for many years. Ron Fuchey, Kenny, Scott Chestnut, Billy Chapin, Hanna, Lou and it goes on and on.
Jeff

thats how new i am to this, I only know of three of those guys. But I think both of you are right. Mike there are many fast og's over here like jeff said, but like you said they have sence retired. But it doesn't mean they were never around ;)

But currently is a whole different subject then the past. This is also true, and I am also proud to see some new faces for a new decade come to the game and run some fast ass numbers. All in all its good for everyone!

Hope the weather was nice were you were at, california owns this time of year!

Jeff

Jeff I am with you on this one, but not until recently we've had some quick GN's in the 10's and now soon to be in the 9's with 109 block here in Socal ;), most of the ones you mentioned on your post had been running stage II blocks and never made it into the 9's, I could mention a couple of people but I won't because they are still trying for that Elusive 9 second slip, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yea people forgot about that Glass hood, bumper and no exhaust on Brents 6.44 run :eek: .. WHAT EVER.. i'm just glad that everyone is running GREAT and that we are starting to have some quick GN's out here in SoCal..

I am talking about the first time out with a 6.48 when it was all steel with full exhaust :D

I know he is trying things to make it quicker, but every one does :)

Have fun guys, I will not push my street car this hard, so you guys will be faster then my 86 GN, but my 87 GN will be the monster ;)

Yea people forgot about that Glass hood, bumper and no exhaust on Brents 6.44 run :eek: .. WHAT EVER.. i'm just glad that everyone is running GREAT and that we are starting to have some quick GN's out here in SoCal..
All I had was a glass front bumper during that 6.44 pass. Still had the exhaust on. I really don't care I'm just having a lil fun with Mike.

Jeff I am with you on this one, but not until recently we've had some quick GN's in the 10's and now soon to be in the 9's with 109 block here in Socal ;), most of the ones you mentioned on your post had been running stage II blocks and never made it into the 9's, I could mention a couple of people but I won't because they are still trying for that Elusive 9 second slip, correct me if I'm wrong.

You have to remember the technology 15 years ago was much different compared to what we have today. Just consider the advancements in turbos and fuel management systems.
Jeff

You have to remember the technology 15 years ago was much different compared to what we have today. Just consider the advancements in turbos and fuel management systems.
Jeff

Jeff we are not talking 15 yrs ago we are talking within the last 4 yrs, please mention to me a 109 that was doing low 10's here in Socal like Nordy is, and he is soon to be in the 9's, guys in the east coast are already running mid 9's with the 3.8 stock blocks, most people that have been running low 10's to high 9's here in the Socal area have stage II engines, we are now finally seeing the true potential of the 109, i think soon someone will hit 8's with it.

Jeff we are not talking 15 yrs ago we are talking within the last 4 yrs, please mention to me a 109 that was doing low 10's here in Socal like Nordy is, and he is soon to be in the 9's, guys in the east coast are already running mid 9's with the 3.8 stock blocks, most people that have been running low 10's to high 9's here in the Socal area have stage II engines, we are now finally seeing the true potential of the 109, i think soon someone will hit 8's with it.

Just remember Nordy has a Kick A$$ motor from the East ;)

Zimerman Racing out of AZ "West Coast" RecordPass.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I just can not see the value in putting money into a 109 block for a nine second car. You can beef up the bottom end but after all that is said and done you still have eight head bolts to deal with, two bolt mains and a marginal oiling system. Speak to Dick Kearney and see how much it took to get his 109 block into the 8's. Don't get me wrong I think it is a wonderful achievement to run 8's or 9's with a 109 block but at what cost. There is a very heavy price to pay to achieve that kind of power from a 109 block. I would bite the bullet and go the stage route and not have all the headaches. Yes I know the cost of the stage block is high but after that initial investment you have a great platform to run all the 9's you can handle.
Jeff

Brent, I said Socal Not Arizona ;). I am sure there are guys in the east coast also running 8's with 109's :D, Socal guys seem to be the only ones being left behind as far as fast stock blocks go.

Come on you can't be comparing So. Cal to all of the east coast! On top of that you do not want to count Az. By the way no one on the east coast to my knowledge has run 8 sec. with a 109 block. One other thing you have to figure in when comparing the two coasts - the air density on the east coast is better for turbos not to mention better prepared tracks vs So.Ca. Oh maybe not better then Palmdale!

Jeff (I am done with this thread!)

Brent, I said Socal Not Arizona ;). I am sure there are guys in the east coast also running 8's with 109's :D, Socal guys seem to be the only ones being left behind as far as fast stock blocks go.

Neal Steward runs low 10's with a 109 and stock ECM. Sorry for bring you up Neal, but some guys are force fed some some B/S

Neal Steward ran a 10.2 on the 4th pass with new motor in november... :eek:
Correct me if I am wrong...

oops someone beat me to it

Neal Steward runs low 10's with a 109 and stock ECM. Sorry for bring you up Neal, but some guys are force fed some B/S

let me add to that-- in a full weight T-Top Regal....3700 lbs...heavy Vector wheels...no fiberglass anywhere...A/C etc still in it....200-4R....never trailered in all the years I've known him (over 10)...

In retrospect, I had more fun when my car ran mid-high 11's versus what it does now.

Neal Steward ran a 10.2 on the 4th pass with new motor in november... :eek:
Correct me if I am wrong...

oops someone beat me to it

I wanna see him hit 9's he never did it with his stage II what makes you think he can do it now with a 109, but I know someone who will soon and will have the slip to prove it ;)