Vortec turbo motor GN

I am looking for a link to what needs what to make this motor work in the GN. I am talking about wiring what to what so this motor will fire up and run. I think I am going to try to get it running first before I do the trubo set up.

a friend of mine did this 4.8 bottom end ls1 heads ls2 intake a nasty turbo cam and a pte 88. Hes using 60/65 lbs injectors and a hp tuners speed dens tune. Its wicked it spins the 295/65/15 drags at 70mph like it has regular tires.

So I tried the pass side manifold facing foward on the pass side of the GN. is there a reason why not to use it this way instead of doing a homemade header? It just bearly touches the ac/heater box; with that being said I am waiting for the motor mounts to get here so I make for certain but looking at it seems to be doable to me or am I missing something? I will have to go back to the junk yard and see if they will sell me a second pass. manfold off another truck (for some strange reason I luv going to the junk yard) I guess I need to get a turbo and see. Here is a picture

Attachments

• 1220081618a.jpg
    1220081618a.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,132
i thought the whole idea was to face them forward and down,unless you are sticking a turbo on the end of the manifold:)

Attachments

• 10001776ab.jpg
    10001776ab.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,124
  • 5.3 header.jpg
    5.3 header.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,190
Yea that is the idea but the stupid GN frame is in the way of the passenger side manfold facing foward and down. By facing it foward and up on the passenger side then I can use the manfolds instead of having to make a foward and down header that clears the frame.....

Yea that is the idea but the stupid GN frame is in the way of the passenger side manfold facing foward and down. By facing it foward and up on the passenger side then I can use the manfolds instead of having to make a foward and down header that clears the frame.....

What about a hooker type of set up?
This is the way I always thought of doping a V8 or 4.3 set up, especially since I would never be able to build my own header.

I cant remember the company that makes it but they make a passenger side log manifold that places the turbo in the same location as the stock lc-2 manifold you have to make your own cross over pipe. Check ls-1 tech forums for info on this.

I'm a fan of the log style myself...with a simple crossover

Attachments

• 01 log.jpg
    01 log.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,087
  • 01 log2.jpg
    01 log2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,046
OH SH%T Bandaid those look sweet.....

Yes I plan on trying to keep the A/c even though the A?C system I currently have is Fubared

How much ITSNOTAGN?
Bandaid want to make me a set?

The plate on the top of the intake is there to mount the "VORTEC" plastic cover on, and to hold various harness runs.
A $200 set of 5.0 L Fird, mid length headers, can be modded w/ the LS flange, turned around.[LOTS of them on Ebag]
I'm planning on them for my LS in the 55.. N/A...

thanks Chuck I went to the Jyard the other day and figured that out when I looked at another truck they had there.

motor plates got here today so I can figure out placement of the motor in the car. This is going to push the progress up a little bit.

Sorry I have been not working on the ca for the past week my wife gave birth to our first child on monday 12/22 everyone is doing well and we are home now.

Sorry I have been not working on the ca for the past week my wife gave birth to our first child on monday 12/22 everyone is doing well and we are home now.
We had our 2nd boy on 12-14,last sunday.. Congrats to you....:wink: :wink:

well made a little progress today, motor monts are finished. I think I need to get the oil pan modified I need like 2"s removed from the bottom of the pan (ground clearance)