VDO GNX style dash problem

floyd84

I bought this GNX style dash a few months back and It didn't come with any sending units. Well my car is almost done up at Dynotech, but they're stumped on what sending unit and speedometer cable is used. Everything else is routed through the stock harness and all the other sending units were installed new. But they can't move on unless we find out what the right Speedometer sending unit and cable are. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 146
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 137
Your best bet may be to contact Tom at GNXdash.com.

I have the same unit but it doesn't have a part number and I doubt anyone has one laying around. I would contact Tom.

Good luck!

Dannyo

That looks a lot like my GNX style dash from Kenne Bell. It came with a VSS sensor that installed in the engine compartment that went between the two parts of the Speedo cable and it also included a new section of speedo cable to replace the up cable that went between the speedo and the VSS sensor. I would check with John at Casper electronics for a VSS sensor, especially since he did his GN powered cobra and Ferrari.

David
87GN

That dash is from KENNE-BELL, you can try giving them a call but when I called them for info on it they were very unhelpful and rude(as usual).

dash

I thought Kenne Bell used mechanical gages, those appear to be electrical like Kirban used to sell. Just a thought...

Hall effect sensor for GNX dash/mechanical speedo

I've had a GNX style dash with the VDO Mechanical speedo in my '87 TR since 1989. The replacement hall-effect speedo sensor is made by Arthur Allen mfr.

You can browse their website at: http://arthurallen.com/automotive/halleff.htm

The pics look very close to what I have. There is no visible part#. My original sensor went south a few years after I installed the dash but has been problem free ever since.