Updated stereo system question.

tatman2201

I've read all the post available on this situation, specifically with the CS II system.
The stock speakers have been replaced with 2 - 4 ohm kenwoods in the dash and 2 - 3 ohm infinity in the door. The rear are 4 ohm 4x6 kickers same size as stock size.
I'm replacing to blown stock head unit with the New York Retro Sound unit. So here is my dilemma. What is the safest and best way to do this without cutting the stock plugs and wires ? I'm almost sure I need to add a smaller 4 channel amp to run the fronts but not sure how to do that without having to cut and splice. Any insight is appreciated.

Just so you'll know, measuring a speaker with a multimeter tells you what it's resistance is (in ohms). Speakers are rated for impedance (also in ohms). The two are totally different. Impedance is the resistance to alternating current (audio) and it has to be calculated. The only benefit of measuring a speaker with a MM is to see if the voice coil is open. The actual dc resistance is meaningless. Many speakers are marked at the factory with their impedance but not all of them. For best results you want to match the speaker impedance to the amplifier output "expected" impedance. It will still work if you mismatch these but a speaker with a lower impedance than what the amp is designed for, will pull more power from the amp. See if you can find out what the impedance is for each speaker and also the New York Retro Sound unit.

Just so you'll know, measuring a speaker with a multimeter tells you what it's resistance is (in ohms). Speakers are rated for impedance (also in ohms). The two are totally different. Impedance is the resistance to alternating current (audio) and it has to be calculated. The only benefit of measuring a speaker with a MM is to see if the voice coil is open. The actual dc resistance is meaningless. Many speakers are marked at the factory with their impedance but not all of them. For best results you want to match the speaker impedance to the amplifier output "expected" impedance. It will still work if you mismatch these but a speaker with a lower impedance than what the amp is designed for, will pull more power from the amp. See if you can find out what the impedance is for each speaker and also the New York Retro Sound unit.
front dash are 4.0 ohms, front door are 3.0 ohms. These are wired parallel for the Land R sides. The rear are 4.0 ohms.