V8 vs V6

If you have a Grand National, keep the Turbo 6.

If you have a Mustang, put a Ford motor in it.

If you have a Chevy and put a Ford motor in it, your probably gay.

If you have a Mopar and put a Ford motor in it, your really gay!!!!:biggrin:

If you owned a really rare Lambo and dropped in a Chevy 350 with Edelbrock 750 and jacked up the rear end with some air shocks to fit your 10" wide Craiger SS', you'd be the biggest loser on the planet!:biggrin:

Point is, nobody likes to see other brand/style motors put into a valuable and rare car.

Just sayin!:eek:

If you have a Grand National, keep the Turbo 6.

If you have a Mustang, put a Ford motor in it.

If you have a Chevy and put a Ford motor in it, your probably gay.

If you have a Mopar and put a Ford motor in it, your really gay!!!!:biggrin:
If you owned a really rare Lambo and dropped in a Chevy 350 with Edelbrock 750 and jacked up the rear end with some air shocks to fit your 10" wide Craiger SS', you'd be the biggest loser on the planet!:biggrin:

Point is, nobody likes to see other brand/style motors put into a valuable and rare car.

Just sayin!:eek:
If that is true I must be Richard Simmons

Why the LS engine:confused:Why not a conventional SBC with a dart block and good head(many makes)The old style is still cheaper to build,look at Bill Mitchels motors for camparison in the 600 HP range:rolleyes:My opinion is a v8 in a turbo Buick is just another Gbody with a V8:rolleyes:At any race or cruise their are many:pStill to each his own

Kevin

Why the LS engine:confused:Why not a conventional SBC with a dart block and good head(many makes)The old style is still cheaper to build,look at Bill Mitchels motors for camparison in the 600 HP range:rolleyes:

You clearly didn't read the thread, and you've clearly been living under a rock for a while. I'm talking about 1000hp for $5k with a hyd. roller cam in a package that weighs much less than an iron SBC. This will be much cheaper than a conventional SBC which will have worse (23 deg) heads and will need an expensive intake for EFI.

A V8 LSx is a better investment with more return than the V6 today and it will be even more in the future. Like it or not.

Guess again!!! In the past, still today, and even tomorrow a numbers matching car will always fetch more money on the market than one that has been pieced together to suit one's own personal taste.

For someone who wants an all out race car, I can understand dropping a late model LS based motor in between the fender wells. However, once the V8 resides under the hood, no longer should anyone refer disrespect the GN or Turbo Buick namesakes, it then is just a Regal with a turbocharged LS engine. The little turbo 6 cylinder engine in these cars are what made them stand out and draw the attention of car enthusiasts across the globe. These cars have demanded the respect of the V8 crowd on the street and at the strip for over 2 decades now. I know that I'm not about to through in the towel on what makes my car the legendary Grand National just because of a new fad.

i wonder if there is anyone hiding in this board who put a LT1 or a TPI motor in there car thinking that it was the greatest engine on earth?

ive seen a few ls conversion g-bodies and i will be the first to admit that if you are in love with the looks of a gn and cant find a sweet spot between power and reliability
look at the ls engines.

buick engines are complicated, tempermental, and expensive. if you are not dedicated, then they are not for you.

I guess all of us turbo Buick owners are "crazy" if you want to call it that. :eek:

Myself, I get a different feeling than "crazy" when I "kick ass" on a big block V-8 with twice the displacement, and costs more than my V-6 to build! :D

Please tell us where we can find a STOCK LS deep in the 8's, I hear the BS from the local Chevy guys, but they can never back it up? :confused:

Fastest stock bottom end 5.3 - Spokane Speed

stock 5.3, boost cam, e85

700 rwhp turbo 4.8 - LS1TECH

more or less a dyno queen, 4.8 with LS1 Heads and LS2 intake/tb

both engines can be had for <$500, I'd like to build a GNX clone out of a Regal with a 4.8, T56 and 4.11 gears. IMO The GNs, Turbo Buicks and T Types should be left as is, turbo V6s, everything else can be molested

You clearly didn't read the thread, and you've clearly been living under a rock for a while. I'm talking about 1000hp for $5k with a hyd. roller cam in a package that weighs much less than an iron SBC. This will be much cheaper than a conventional SBC which will have worse (23 deg) heads and will need an expensive intake for EFI.

Wow the hole world must be living under a rock:rolleyes: 1000 HP for 5K.I think you just put every engine builder in the US out of work.I bet they are very reliable and live forever:eek:

Why the LS engine:confused:Why not a conventional SBC with a dart block and good head(many makes)The old style is still cheaper to build,look at Bill Mitchels motors for camparison in the 600 HP range:rolleyes:My opinion is a v8 in a turbo Buick is just another Gbody with a V8:rolleyes:At any race or cruise their are many:pStill to each his own

Kevin

I've been there. The Dart block route is basically like building a Stage 2 V6 due to the cost of the block. The cranks are a little cheaper for the SBC but everything else is about the same. With a 23 degree head you easily make more power than a Stage 2 but the cost is about the same.

The SBC is a good choice but the LS block in stock form is much stronger so it will make more power for the $$$. The SBC will make 900-1000 reliably on a stock block but for the same $$$ the LS will make 200-300 more easily without splitting the block.

The reason most guys prefer the Regal body for these conversions...........It's by far the best looking G-body:D

The reason most guys prefer the Regal body for these conversions...........It's by far the best looking G-body:D

I like the Cutlass myself. One day when I'm rich (lol) I want a turbo bbc or ls maybe in a all out race car Cutlass.

I like the Cutlass myself. One day when I'm rich (lol) I want a turbo bbc or ls maybe in a all out race car Cutlass.

They do look good also. I love Jason Rueckert's radial tired cutlass.

P8271162.jpg

P8271159.jpg

I've been there. The Dart block route is basically like building a Stage 2 V6 due to the cost of the block. The cranks are a little cheaper for the SBC but everything else is about the same. With a 23 degree head you easily make more power than a Stage 2 but the cost is about the same.

The SBC is a good choice but the LS block in stock form is much stronger so it will make more power for the $$$. The SBC will make 900-1000 reliably on a stock block but for the same $$$ the LS will make 200-300 more easily without splitting the block.

Thanks ,is the oiling system in the LS good enough for a 1000HP.I had also heard the stock pistons are fragile and don"t handle knock at all:confused:Great input Dusty:)

Kevin

They do look good also. I love Jason Rueckert's radial tired cutlass.

P8271162.jpg

Yum!
I always wanted a Cutlass in highschool but got stuck with a damn '85 Regal with a turbo on top the engine. My life has never been the same since. I did have a '86 Cutlass Salon (load Cutlass with buckets, rally gauges, console, etc..) five years ago. I put a sbc in it. Pretty good running car but I sold it to buy the GN1's I currently have:frown:
oldsside.jpg

I miss that car.