Ugh...this is time consuming...Turbo T

Any idea on what goodies the engine will get?

I'm putting together my old engine that I had in my Malibu that ran mid 6's in the 8th mile at 104-107mph on 116 race fuel.

ported irons (ported by me) w/1.77
ported stock intake (by me)
billet roller w/.480 lift 212 dur:cool:
2 and a half stock intercoolers:eek:
TE 70 P trim turbo
3200 LU converter
60lb inj
e-bay headers:D
ATR 3" downpipe with external gate
stock exhaust system with a automatic dump just after the downpipe ;)
Double pumper
Power plate
and the usual upgrades 160*, adj reg, volt booster...etc.

I'm also building another gerotor oil pump front cover. I "might" put alcohol on this car but had rather fabricate another dual fuel system.

Are you going to be doing suspension work also?
No performance mods....just a F body front anti sway bar...not really a perf mod...just a lighter bar to shed some weight.

(list) was very long and looking at it made my wallet hurt...:p

Made my wallet...err..credit card... hurt too but it sure is cheaper than a new Mustang, Camaro or Challenger.

Did you make your own wiring harness for the headlights or are you using the factory wires? I like the diamond cut lights in the color cars, had them in my Gray 86-ttype. They dont look right in the black cars though IMO. Once again, NICE

Man I have to say that thing is looking great. One day when I'm retired (many years from now) and my children are grown and moved away I hope to restore my T like you have yours.

Progress is going slow due to other things happening preventing me to work on the T. I did manage to get a reproduction chrome grill, gauges and some HID lights.

These reproduction chrome grills are very nice looking!

DSCF9130.jpg

DSCF9125.JPG

DSCF9131.JPG

DSCF9117%20(1).jpg

Also got some gauges to look at...

DSCF9100%20(1).jpg

DSCF9107%20(1).jpg

When I come home on leave I gotta see this car. I'm from down the road in Maysville. Ever take your cars to coastal plains in Jville?

Engine is now built and installed...mostly.:rolleyes: Anyway, here's the specs...

Ported Stock Iron Heads (ported by me) w/1.77 intake valves
Ported Stock Intake (by me) (had it laying around so I put it on)
62mm Throttle Body (had it laying around so I put it on)
Billet Roller w/.510 lift and 210 duration
T&D Roller Rockers 1.55 (had them laying around so I put it on)
2 and a half stock intercoolers (had them laying around so I put it on)
TE-70 P Trim Turbo (had it laying around so I put it on)
3200 Vigilante LU Converter (had it laying around so I put it on)
60lb Mototron Injectors
Stainless e-Bay headers (couldn't ask them to fit any better)
ATR 3" downpipe with external ATR wastegate (had it laying around so I put it on)
Pypes 2 1/2" dual exhaust system with stainless mufflers
RJC Power plate
Posi with 3.42 Gears
Plus the usual upgrades 160*, adj reg, volt booster...etc.

I also added the following...
"FAST START" Ignition System for faster start-ups within 1/3 of a crank revolution and I built another gerotor oil pump for the front timing cover.

This particular combination put my Malibu into the mid 6's in the 8th mile at 107mph! I'll be happy with mid 7's 92mph on just 93 octane.

DSCF9195.JPG

DSCF9203.JPG

DSCF9209.JPG

DSCF9428.JPG

DSCF9442.JPG

DSCF9443.JPG

DSCF9460.JPG

DSCF9441.JPG

Here's something I'm doing to the stock upper plenum and valve covers. I bought some 304 stainless strips from an on-line company and polished them to a mirror shine. I used RTV to stick them to the ribs on the upper plenum so it will look like polished aluminum...except I won't have to keep polishing them. I've still got to do the valve covers and it's gonna be very time consuming but I think it'll look really good! Here's the upper plenum...

DSCF9455.JPG

Can I come visit your garage? You seem to have alot of great stuff just "lying around"...;):D

btw, Engine looks awesome. When you're done this car will be so perfect that you won't want to drive it..

If you went that far why not go ahead and pull the body off the frame?? You had it 90% down any way..

(Had a buddy of mine say that to me and ended up pulling the body off..) :D

No such thing as too perfect, drive it!

You're absolutely right. I plan to drive it.

If you went that far why not go ahead and pull the body off the frame?? You had it 90% down any way..

(Had a buddy of mine say that to me and ended up pulling the body off..) :D

I actually thought about that but I do plan to drive it. I figured all that work to clean and paint it underneath would be wasted after a few miles of rainy road.

Can I come visit your garage? You seem to have alot of great stuff just "lying around"...;):D

btw, Engine looks awesome. When you're done this car will be so perfect that you won't want to drive it..

Thanks.

Well, the stuff that was "just laying around" used to be on my Malibu back in the 90's. I figured I'd use it someday so I just kept it all this time. I'll bet this car will out run my stroked out...GN1R headed Malibu. If it does I'm going to be :mad:

I actually thought about that but I do plan to drive it. I figured all that work to clean and paint it underneath would be wasted after a few miles of rainy road.

But... When you get everything prepped and painted underneath it is easier to keep clean and reduce rust etc.. ;)