Ugh...this is time consuming...Turbo T

where might one find those upper door panel,overlay for the pullstrap covers?and could you post pics...of those installed?thanks....looks good!

Here is the place to go for trim overlay's. I've got three near perfect door trim bars and I need to get a drivers rear before I install them. Right now I'm just leaving the those trim pieces and pull straps off until a later date.

DSCF7587.jpg

Where did you get this? thanks
DSCF8091.jpg

We have a place called Mill Outlet Village here in town. They sell all kinds of fabric such as headliner material, carpet, foam, felt, jute and just plain material so the grand mothers can make their own cloths...lol! The jute costs $7 a yard...and it takes about 6-7 yards to do the interior except under the rug. The trunk carpet cost $15 a yard and I bought 2 yards...more than I needed. I also recovered the inside rear speaker panel and the bottom of both door panels with blue rug...that material cost $20.

DSCF8071.jpg

DSCF8081.jpg

DSCF8321.jpg

This picture makes the blue look lighter than it really is but you can see the carpet new better.
DSCF8309.jpg

Here is the inside bottom of the door(s). I cleaned and sprayed undercoating on the inside to help out on rust problems in the future.

DSCF8061.jpg

Misc...

DSCF8337.jpg

DSCF8338.jpg

DSCF8341.jpg

Wow! Labor of Love as my wife would say...;)

Thanks guys...time consuming...yes, but hopefully, in the end, it will be worth every penny. My plans also include pulling the engine, freshening it up and clean under the hood also.

that is a very nice job.what was used to remove all of the seam sealer?

A screwdriver and a hammer to begin with...:D ...then a scraper and then all the small left-over pieces that's stuck like crazy....a sandblaster! A sandblaster will get all the rust/paint out of the crevices that sand paper will not get. If there are small rust pits in the metal it will clean them out too.

I'm still working on getting the white LED's to light up evenly on the fuel and boost gauges. I've got some more ordered. Even still, this looks better than the factory yellowish incandecent bulbs.

DSCF8437.jpg

DSCF8432.JPG

I'm still working on getting the white LED's to light up evenly on the fuel and boost gauges. I've got some more ordered. Even still, this looks better than the factory yellowish incandecent bulbs.

Just finished this myself. But I trashed the board in the process, be careful. It's easier to pull the cluster and get them oriented right.

wow, man. nice job on a beautiful T. You are really bringing that one back. keep it up man! :cool:

That looks awesome.Your hard work is paying off.I think you will alot happier with that car instead of buying one already done.Thats something to be proud of.............

Getting ready to remove the engine under the shade tree... :D :p :p

DSCF8594jpg.jpg

DSCF8602.jpg.jpg

DSCF8608jpg.jpg

Dirty engine. Might get a...Roller cam??? Roller rockers??? M&A Ported heads??? Ported intake??? TE-70 P-trim??? 3" external wastegate downpipe??? Dunno just yet!;)

DSCF8620jpg.jpg

Sandblasted/primed and painted brackets...

DSCF8610.jpg.jpg