type S

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
today I was taking a ride with one of my friends that I hadnt seen in awhile
I came to a stop light with 3 lanes, one lane for left, one lane for straight and one for right
it crosses route 22
I was in the straight lane and in front to the left of me in the lane turning left was a type S, I didnt think anything of it but when the light turned green and he floored it and peeled the tires my friend was like go get him
I was a little reluctant to follow as for some reason I feel like my car is so slow
anyway I followed pursuit and he was about 10-15 car lengths ahead of me but he hit a red light on the highway (damn thats a first) I hurried to catch him and made it
my friend pointed forward and said lets go and the kid with his friend shook his head yes
light goes green and I wait for him
he goes and I launch after but not hard no boost and no wheel spin, I ease into the pedal and get to about 8-10psi and start passing him, I kept it this way for a few seconds and just kept pulling like nothing
my car felt so slow but he must be damn slow if he couldnt get anywhere near me
I had him by like 8 car lengths to 70mph

a couple notes here

1.) I am not sure why, but my car feels like its so damn slow or that it has no pull or something even though I beat so many cars and not to brag but I am undefeated by me (no real challenges to be honest but still)

2.) I have this really weird afraid feeling of flooring my car ever since I was out tuning and made a mistake of turning the bleeder valve too much and when I hit the pedal it went over 25ish psi and blew the pipe off from the intercooler to the turbo
I have been so deadly afraid ever since

1.) I am not sure why, but my car feels like its so damn slow or that it has no pull or something even though I beat so many cars and not to brag but I am undefeated by me (no real challenges to be honest but still)

2.) I have this really weird afraid feeling of flooring my car ever since I was out tuning and made a mistake of turning the bleeder valve too much and when I hit the pedal it went over 25ish psi and blew the pipe off from the intercooler to the turbo
I have been so deadly afraid ever since

1.) dont worrie about that man your just used to your car, its happined with all mine and ive owned some real brusers in the past, still own a few

2.) again thats understandable, im afraid to do 180s sence my e brake cable streached and i put the nose of my camaro in to a bank.

ive had some experiances with them type cars before, once at a car wash near a army supply store on orange avn. (you know where im talking about myclone) i left the lot sideways because of the water on my tires and my heavy foot and walked it sideways way past the tire shop, prolly about a block. at the next light next to old dominian junk yard he caught up with me and went for it. i let him stay ahead for a ways, slowly inching up to his door, when i got next to him i smiled to him for a few seconds and mashed the throttle past the half way point all way to the floor and left him there hazeing my rear tires and slideing around as i passed him.

thanks equalizer442

I noticed that you always seem to chime in when it has something to do with rice or imports, by any chance are you one of the younger crowd guys? I myself am only 19 and by the way if you dont mind me asking what mods do you have and what have you run?

thanks

Carl

you get used to the accleration of these cars after awhile. its linear not like a 5spd stange for instance. also being in the passenger seat and drivers eat in these cars are tow totally different experiences. if you feel the top end pull is lagging maybe time for new valve springs. anyways, good kill!

Originally posted by equalizer442
it is? ive never been in the passengers seat, whats it feel like?

"a little scary", according to my co-workers. At least I don't have to drive at lunch time anymore.

Jim

Originally posted by turbojimmy
"a little scary", according to my co-workers. At least I don't have to drive at lunch time anymore.

Jim

Yeah, I scared the crap out of my buddy one time, hadnt seen him for two years. Took him down a road at 135 with the T Tops out, I was like :cool: and he was like:eek:

Fastest I have had my car:D

Good kill, but...

Man, what the heck is a type S? Geezzz, just when you think you've seen everything.

RRRR! I'm trying to think of one, but I'm blank. What is it? A Boxter S? :confused:

Re: Good kill, but...

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Man, what the heck is a type S? Geezzz, just when you think you've seen everything.

RRRR! I'm trying to think of one, but I'm blank. What is it? A Boxter S? :confused:

It's a sporty version of the Acura TL, I believe. The people that buy these things fail to realize that "Type S" does not mean that it's fast, it just means it's not as slow

Jim.

I apologize guys
this is my fault
I forgot acura makes about 10 thousand type S's

this one was the RSX type S
200 hp
142 torque
etc whatever

Carl

Originally posted by Cleaner13
this one was the RSX type S

So we have the Intergra type R= "Racing ?"

Acura RSX type S= "Slow ?"

Eclipse RS "Really Slow ?"

Prelude type SH " Shipping and Handling :D "

What else?
;)

Where you from ?

Cleaner13 : Were are you from man!? 3 lanes wide crossing 22 Sounds like Warrenville Rd. or at least close to it. I'm 10 min from there. i'm usually out crusing 22 on a nice night looking to give out free reality checks to the local riceboys.

Sleeper-6

hey nice to meet you man

warrenville road is that near the green brook area or a little farther down?

the road is 3 lanes wide, however only 1 lane crosses 22 the one to the right turns east bound and the vice versa with the left turn lane

the road is called country club, its in bridgewater

hope this helps

by the way, (forgot to look at your sig so sorry if this is a mistake) do you happen to have a blue t-type?

I see one when I leave from work in Garwood everyday

Carl

You got it, Warrenville is in the Greenbrook area. Bridgewater is west of there. I'm not too familliar with that road but it soulden't be hard to find. I've got an 87 GN. I usually cruise anywhere between Springfield/Scotch Plains and the Bridgewater Mall area. Nothing really stands out an my car except a small (4"x6") red "Out of Time Racing" sticker in the lower corner of my back window and Firefighter plates.

hmm
I cruise by the mall every now and then too
I might have seen your car last weekend or so
but I cant remember where

by the way the same stuff with my car
nothing stands out besides the "UD LOSE" 3rd brake light
lol
hey I do it to instigate what can I say

country club road is right near the mall believe it or not

any good spots that your aware of around my area anyway since I am not as familiar with yours?

the dunkin donuts on 22 east by me usually has rice in it
not sure if you heard of finderne ave but that street has roughly 3-4 2 lane stoplights going down the into manville

I don't know too many places in your area, I have been down Finderne Ave. before, but i usually try to stay on the highway. Last time I was at the mall l was a while ago, crusing around dfor fun with the dump open. Sounds great in the parking garage. :D My car hasn't been out much lately, The weather sucks and the turbo sucked in part of the MAF pipe coupler and banged up the compressor wheel pretty good. I'm looking to have a TE-61 and some good injecters in sometime next month and I'll be back with a vengence.:eek:

I'll chime in here

I too live in the area. I actually about 5 mins from Charles (sleeper-6) and usually go for the ride with him on 22. My GNs still mostly stock so I don't go out looking for a race too often and since I have the interior out right now (except the drivers seat... I've been tracking down my water leaks) Its not as fun going out crusing. I'll get that done someday. Oh well, mabye we'll all run into each other one night.

You all are probably within an hour of me. I live in Hillsborough, but at the far end near Flemington. I saw a nice GN at the Commons over the winter sometime might have been one of you. Not too many people around me have Turbo Regals we shoudl meet up somewhere one time.

Originally posted by GHawz13
You all are probably within an hour of me. I live in Hillsborough, but at the far end near Flemington. I saw a nice GN at the Commons over the winter sometime might have been one of you. Not too many people around me have Turbo Regals we shoudl meet up somewhere one time.

I work in the area and go to the Commons for lunch once a week or so. Sometimes I bring the GN, but it hasn't been out in a while. I usually park on the top deck of the garage.

Jim

There is one place in NJ i hear is hot. Cranbury. Its right off the turnpike 8A. I live in Edison and often work in Bridgewater. The mall is one of our accounts. Or you could go to Newark:eek: