Turbolink w/ fast update

87GN_70GS

Does anyone know if Turbolink v 4.0 will display the data at a faster rate or does it just log more data? This is with the SM fast update patch code in the chip.

It will display it, but it still isn't exactly 'fast'..... I switched from TL to DirectScan and it's like night and day.... ~20 frames/sec and offers more data also... $150..... WELL worth it!

Yes, works just like turbolink (laptop req'd), but it's connected to the additional factory hi-speed data connector inside the ecm cover (that you never knew was there), rather than the aldl port under the dash. Requires you to open an access to the connector by bending a tab on the metal ecm cover until it breaks, whereby, after cleaning the clear laquer-like coating off the now exposed p/c card connector, you can then plug the directscan cable directly to it. MUCH, MUCH mo' better, faster data... everything you get from turbolink, plus a bunch more parameters... all 16 blm cells, injector pulsewidth, spark advance, etc... at ~19 frames/second, and 90-ish seconds recording time plus pre-trigger buffer.... has text, graph, and dashboard graphics, can overlay traces, measure time/distance (0-60, 1/4 mile, etc.) ...here's the link to Chu Engineering's DirectScan site..... click thru it.... look at the 'features' link, and you can download the software and user manual also to check it out.... although they are not sold anymore, you can pick them up used on the boards..... and he continues to support the hardware if you have problems.... you definitely won't regret it, especially if you just can't stomach the $$ for powerlogger.... DS is the next best thing...

Chu Engineering Home Page

Hope that helps! :)

It will display it, but it still isn't exactly 'fast'..... I switched from TL to DirectScan and it's like night and day.... ~20 frames/sec and offers more data also... $150..... WELL worth it!

Where did you buy DS for $150? Their website shows it for around $250:frown:

although they are not sold anymore, you can pick them up used on the boards..... and he continues to support the hardware if you have problems....

from my post above.... Chu Eng. no longer sells/manufactures DS.... you can find them used on the boards if you search around a bit.... I think I got mine for $150 + shipping....