Turbolink Connection & laptop problem

O

OldGrayII

Ken, I alredy wrote you on this, but if anyone else has any suggestions; I have an older Toshiba Satellite T1900 that I've been using for years for Turbolink, I recently had to Reformat the computer with a Boot Disk and Now my I can't connect Turbolink because it "Seems" that my parrallel port is dead. Its set to Bi-Directional in Setup (its either that or Output) and I'm getting D7low...........................Fail
D7high..........................Fail
Pin15(error)lowsense...Fail
Pin10(ACK)low sense....Fail

on an LPT1 test session, now if my parallel port is dead can I simply waltz into the nearest Compumart and get a NEW one(Parrallel port), or do I need a whole new laptop???????

One other thing, I don't know if it makes a difference, but no matter what I do I have to have the Boot Disk in the slot to start it, then switch to c: drive & it works fine.

Did you rebuild it with "Tosh DOS"? Or did you use MS DOS? Windows?

It sounds like it's maybe something in the configuration or the way it was rebuilt.

As far as buying a parallel port, it's a built in piece for the computer and finding parts for such a beasty will be tough (and probably more expensive than just buying a replacement laptop off of ebay).

Maybe someone in your area can pay a visit and help rebuild it (I'd volunteer to do it, but the cost of shipping it back and forth will probably exceed the value of the laptop! :))

Take a cruise thru ebay... lots of pretty decent machines in the $100-200 range...