Direct Scan with laptop

JDEstill

Turboliscious!
I have a Direct Scan data logger for sale with Dell laptop - $160

Everything you need is included - software, cables, hardware, laptop.

Note that you do need to modify your ecm to access the data logging port that the factory included.

The Direct Scan program is preloaded on the laptop, just click on the icon to get it running. I have version 1.52 installed, which I believe is the very latest version. I will include the program on a floppy disk as well, just in case it is ever needed. The included manual is for version 1.0 (I was an early adopter), but I have the version 1.5 manual electronically, as a PDF file, and that will be on the disk too.

The laptop is a Dell Latitude CP. It has a Pentium chip, 16 megs of RAM, and a 2 gig hard drive. It has Win98 SE installed on it. It's not good for much these days besides running an old program like DS. DS is a DOS based program, and it is not easy to get it running on a newer laptop. Plus the hardware hooks up to a parallel port, and its been several years now since laptops came with those. The laptop comes with 2 batteries, and both seem to hold a charge reasonably well. Keep them both charged up, and take the spare with you on the road. If one poops out, pop in the other. Also included are two removable drives, a 3.5" floppy drive and a CD-ROM drive. The hard drive is only a couple of years old, the original crapped out and I hunted around the internet until I found a new one. When I installed it I only loaded the minimum software I needed to get DS running, since that is all I use it for. So it's pretty lean. The touchpad works fine.

Let me know if you have any questions.

John

Attachments

• DirectScan hardware.jpg
    DirectScan hardware.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 261
  • Laptop.jpg
    Laptop.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 261
  • DirectScan running.jpg
    DirectScan running.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 264