Turbo Buick Midwest Meet Madison WI

dwall

Less than 3 weeks away. Who’s going? We need a head count so we can buy supplies. Sign up!

Shelter #3 near the lake (~ 150 yards away) is reserved. Pictured here:
https://www.reservedane.com/images/pictures/65.jpg

Printable PDF map of Lake Farm Park:
http://danedocs.countyofdane.com/webdocs/pdf/lwrd/parks/lakefarm_brochure_map.pdf

Google Maps Aerial view of Park Shelter #3 location (Or click on Streets in upper right of Map):
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Madison&state=WI&address=299+Colonnel+Wise+Rd.&zipcode=53711#a/maps/l::299+Colonnel+Wise+Rd:Madison:WI:53711:US:43.031197:-89.329368:address:Dane+County:1/m:hyb:12:43.031197:-89.329368:0:::::1:1:1::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

Directions off Madison's Beltline Hwy. (State Hwy. 12 & 18 - going East/West) are fairly easy. (Picture #3)
  1. Get off 12&18 - head South on South Towne/Raywood Rd.
  2. Go straight ahead thru the roundy round and continue past Nine Springs and turn left (East) onto Moreland Rd. at the Farm Tavern. (Picture #1)
  3. Follow Moreland to Lake Farm Park complex and turn left (past the visitor center & RVs) on Libby Rd.
  4. Follow Libby Rd straight toward the lake & take last left (Large sign for Lake Farm Park) to shelters #1, #2, & #3. The road ends at the lake with boat launch just before that. (Picture #2)
  5. Go all the way to the circle at the end - Shelter #3 is about a hundred yards from the circle - The circle parking is marked for about 85 cars perpendicular to the inner and outer ring. - How many parking spots can we fill?
The weather? It’ll be great - click here;
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/general/local/53711?lswe=53711&lwsa=Weather36HourHealthCommand&from=searchbox_localwx

Attachments

• S6300933-1.JPG
    S6300933-1.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 693
  • S6300949.JPG
    S6300949.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 692
  • LakeFarmPark Route.jpg
    LakeFarmPark Route.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 688
MENU and signup info

Midwest Meet Madison
Lake Farm Park Shelter #3
August 22, 2009 10AM – 5PM
---------------------

Menu

Barbeque Hamburger (Sloppy Joe) w/round bun
Bratwurst w/brat bun
¼ # Hot dogs w/brat bun (for the kids)
(Fresh-baked Colonial sesame light buns)

Hot Baked Beans
Cold American Style Potato Salad
Creamy Cole Slaw
Chips, sliced pickles & onions, and condiments

Choc Chip cookies (and a birthday cake)

Bottled water & ice

Grilling supplies & hand sanitizer. Napkins, picnic plates, cold drink cups, plastic picnic ware & nametags.

----------------------

Beverages are BYO - You choose - Bring your own beverages!!!
There is a drinking fountain on one side of the shelter.

-----------------------

Break even cost is about $12 per person……
Tasmanians age 10 or under are free.

PayPal.com account is: MidwestMeetV5@aol.com

Please include your TurboBuick.com screen name and first name/names for nametags
Also if you need a vegetarian sandwich please include a note

---------------------------

How will the money be spent?

Upfront park registration is $81. If 40 people pay, the park and PayPal fees are covered…. and there will be more than $9 per person available to pay for food & picnic supplies.

If money is unspent after park registration and food/supplies or any rental equipment, we can decide how to disperse leftover funds to whomever handles the next ‘MidwestMeetV6’. All the expenses will be recorded if anyone cares to see where the $ went.

Hope to see you there!

Attachments

• MM09_logo1.jpg
    MM09_logo1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 762
I cant wait! What better way to spend Noah's 2nd BIRTHDAY than with all my Turbo Regal buddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Breakin Him In Early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Noah, I love you more than anything in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe when your older, you'll read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great!

Anybody else ready for a road trip?

I cant wait! What better way to spend Noah's 2nd BIRTHDAY than with all my Turbo Regal buddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Breakin Him In Early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Noah, I love you more than anything in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe when your older, you'll read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Noah - WOW two years gone by already!
Two on the 22nd. White, yellow, ,marble, or chocolate - any cake flavor ok? Anybody make a Power6 cakepan? :D
Bob

Another version of map to Lake Farm Park - printable WinZip file.

Attachments

• MidwestMeetFiles.zip
    332.5 KB · Views: 72
I think Bob was shopping today

I was running a quick lunch break errand so I didn't stop to check or make a smart remark about someone cooking up something for a bunch of Buick nuts. But it sure looked like Bob with a cartload of Plates, Beans, and other items going through Woodman's.

David

Geez Dave.....

I was running a quick lunch break errand so I didn't stop to check or make a smart remark about someone cooking up something for a bunch of Buick nuts. But it sure looked like Bob with a cartload of Plates, Beans, and other items going through Woodman's.

David

If you were that close to me - you could have written the check! :wink:

Yep that was us - just filling a few holes on the shopping list. See you soon. Maybe going to Watertown Riverfest Sunday - weather permitting.
Bob

If you were that close to me - you could have written the check! :wink:

Yep that was us - just filling a few holes on the shopping list. See you soon. Maybe going to Watertown Riverfest Sunday - weather permitting.
Bob

I'm leaving for MN for fishing tomorrow, so I won't be around for Riverfest or the next week. I always enjoy their Sat. fireworks show.

David

Looking forward to the event..

The Mrs. and I + my son and his GF(4, will pay-pal soon). He wont be tarred and feathered for bringing his 61 ford will he? (If so I can provide some feathers as I need a new pillow.)

Sounds great

The Mrs. and I + my son and his GF(4, will pay-pal soon). He wont be tarred and feathered for bringing his 61 ford will he? (If so I can provide some feathers as I need a new pillow.)

Save the pillow - wouldn't want to get 'down' on a guy just because he drives a Ford.
laugh_explode.gif

Is the GN gonna be there too?

Attachments

• MM09_logo1.jpg
    MM09_logo1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 567
Yea its finally summer in WI

Drove it to Madison today , gotta get the AC working.

Only had the AC on once so far - but definitely would need it today.

Attachments

• MM09_logo2.jpg
    MM09_logo2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 602
Summer was short...

Only had the AC on once so far - but definitely would need it today.

Back down in the low 80's again today - Turn off the AC and open the windows. Good for a MIDWEST MEET or a picnic ;). It can stay like this 'til Xmas - then we need snow for Santa & the kids, I guess.

No problem - I think?

Me + 1-1/2 Not sure I can handle Jdpolzin and Austin twice in the same month though!
My uncle taught me how to cope - Smile , open a cold vitamin BLEE, nod & say 'Uh Huh' a lot. He lived to an annoyingly happy old age!
beerchug.gif

Keith I don't know how I missed you at Byron! Probably too much vitamin BLEE over the years.
Bob

Someone asked about the map from the Beltline Hwy (12/18) to Lake Farm Park ..... here it is.

Attachments

• MidwestMeetFiles.zip
    332.5 KB · Views: 45