TTA Turbo Identification

...should there be an adjustable waste gate on this turbo? Or is the non-adjustable one on there fine? I did install, the .40" orifice, from Johns Performance, into the gray "Y" vac/boost hose, is that ok on this turbo?

whoever installed the turbo probably installed the stock non-adjustable waste gate actuator on the new turbo...with stock DP and intake I'm guessing your boost will probably max out around 17#...stock boost on the TTA was 16.5#. If you have a aftermarket intake (3" tube and conical K&N style) your boost will shoot up to a dangerous 20+ unless you are running Alky injection. Yes, you should get a adjustable waste gate...depending on how much boost you want to run...you will need a standard for 18-20# or a HD that will get you in the 20 and up boost numbers. Make sure you have a Scanmaster so you can monitor what is going on. If you haven't done so you should post your specs so that people helping out know what you have before giving advise :cool:

-Scott

If you haven't done so you should post your specs so that people helping out know what you have before giving advise :cool:

-Scott

Cool, thanks for all the advise. At the time I bought the car, the owner told me it was stock minus the chrome intake w/the K&N cone filter & a test pipe in place of the cat. The stock boost gauge was not working either. Since I bought it, diging into it & looking it over I could tell other things have been changed also. I noticed the gray Y connector between the waste gate solenoid & turbo. I was told that was incorrect for the TTA, I already installed the .40 correct size from Johns Performance. I installed the 8" K&N inplace of the smuched 9" that was in there with a broken Air temp sensor. I also found a Pit Bull chip in the ECM, witch explains why theres no cat. I just found out about the turbo, I'm glad I pulled the cover. I already have a scann tool (not a scanmaster) I can still tune it accordingly.

I emailed Eric about a TTchip w/matching 42lb injectors, it has the stock injectors now. The rest of the car appears to be stock unless I uncover anything else later. I don't plan on racing this car, I just want a nice car show cruiser, that will have plenty of power, when I want to use it.

I already have a scann tool (not a scanmaster) I can still tune it accordingly.

I emailed Eric about a TTchip w/matching 42lb injectors, it has the stock injectors now. The rest of the car appears to be stock unless I uncover anything else later. I don't plan on racing this car, I just want a nice car show cruiser, that will have plenty of power, when I want to use it.

step in the right direction...get a Scanmaster (must have item) so you can watch things while driving (most important item on these cars)...the default display will show O2 sensor and degrees of knock...other modes will step through every thing you will ever need: TPS, IAC, intake temp, etc. Go for the TurboTweek street chip and 60# injectors (no issues running them whatsoever)...make sure you tell him you have a TA-49 and K&N style intake, 65deg t-stat (if you don't have one get one). Still need to decide how much boost you want to run...16# boost gets boring real quick, will be awesome around 20-22# but tune needs to spot on and one of Razors Alky kits will do the trick...well worth the money. If you decide to go that route be sure to tell Eric your boost range and alky kit and he will hook you up.

these cars can be very addictive to say the least :cool: