TTA owners who need seat covers

yahooooooooo just got off the phone with Jeni...my seat covers are paid for...sounds like they will be going out in about a week or less :biggrin:

Thanks again to Jeni for offering us this fantastic deal and thanks to Rich (WS6) for getting this going :cool:

Scott

Finally. Here they are. I am now doing call backs. Have a great weekend

Thanks Jeni:)

Attachments

• TTASEATS1.jpg
    TTASEATS1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 149
  • TTASEATS2.jpg
    TTASEATS2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 155
  • TTAKATZSKIN.jpg
    TTAKATZSKIN.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 153
Jeni,

They look very nice...could you get a picture of one of the seats outside in sun light instead of under the shop lights. I know some lights will really change the appearance of certain colors...they look very yellow under the lights in the shop ? In the pic get a side view that shows the factory plastic so that can be compared with the leather as well. If you have a piece the original leather seat covers maybe even lay that next to it also.

Thanks,
Scott

I hope its just the lighting/camera---they do look very yellow,where as BadV6 seats posted just above jenni's look correct to me ..Thanks Jeni

Comparing the seats badv6 had done and the ones pictured from hawks, regardless of color difference as this might just be a matter of the light, the seats badv6 had done looks brilliant and the contour of the setbacks, bolsters etc is exactly like the GM OEM seats when they were new but I can't say the same about the hawks seats they look like they got more padding underneath making the bolsters and other areas look different and thicker/rounder somehow. Also lots of wrinkles and looking at the headrests the leather is not properly stretched everywhere so not sure if it's the pattern used or if it's the actual install ...

Just my 2 cents

I think Jeni needs to chime in about the color and fitment issue, but it's my understanding that this particular set was a "beta" set to check patterns,stitching,etc.

You can see here that these do not have the perforated center sections as our set(s) will have. And it looks like our color will be a darker more rich looking camel color.

BUT, ask all questions and get all of them answered before you order if you are unsure.

I think Jeni needs to chime in about the color and fitments issue, but it's my understanding that this particular set was a "beta" set to check patterns,stitching,etc.

You can see here that these do not have the perforated center sections as our set(s) will have. And it looks like our color will be a darker more rich looking camel color.

BUT, ask all questions and get all of them answered before you order if you are unsure.

Rich,

I think Jeni definitely needs to chime in...if I recall correctly during my conversation with Jeni Friday she said these are the correct color and the only difference was that they chose to go with solid inserts instead of perforated inserts. Also as far as fitment goes...these were installed by Katskin, shouldn't they be able to get it perfect? I don't see another shop doing any better then the company that manufactured the covers. While this is a tremendous deal this stuff needs to be worked out 100% before any covers are shipped and CC's are billed. If the color is off the guys only wanting a front or back rows are going to be real upset. Also those not wanting to redo the door panels will not be happy either. My car is in storage right now under a cover so I can't check right away but I can't remember if the stitching is the same or different color then the leather?

Hopefully these are only minor details and can be worked out.

Thanks again to Jeni for all your effort.
Scott

Rich,

I think Jeni definitely needs to chime in...if I recall correctly during my conversation with Jeni Friday she said these are the correct color and the only difference was that they chose to go with solid inserts instead of perforated inserts. Also as far as fitment goes...these were installed by Katskin, shouldn't they be able to get it perfect? I don't see another shop doing any better then the company that manufactured the covers. While this is a tremendous deal this stuff needs to be worked out 100% before any covers are shipped and CC's are billed. If the color is off the guys only wanting a front or back rows are going to be real upset. Also those not wanting to redo the door panels will not be happy either.

Agreed....

Good morning all. The color is simply from our shop lights and the flash. The pictures make the color look like....well. Weather permitting today I will take them outside and take pictures. Sorry to put a quirk in here. The set of seats that we have are original but the car they were taken out of is a high mile car and Katzkin told me the foam was very dense. Keep in mind that your upholster or you may have to build your seats up if your foam is worn. That is typical. I will get you all of the pictures that have been requested and we will not rush this through without your okays on any of this. **The close up was for the show of the grain in the leather as was requested. The stitch color is a match to the leather. ***WE chose not to go with the perforated centers on our own. Not for you all. The ones that you all will get will have perforated inserts unless you request otherwise. The side bolsters and the plastic inserts or caps on this set is awesome. I will include pictures of them also. Please bare with me today and accept my apology. I do not forsee that I can get all of this done today. One of our guys was in a car accident last night, so I didn't leave the hospital until late and came in early, but am already stretched. For this, I do apologize and will do my best, but do not want to make mistakes with you all.

Make it a good one.............wear your seatbelts, please.

Jeni

Thanks Jeni...I'm sure it's just minor details.

more importantly now...hope your co-worker is OK.

Scott

Okay, here are more pictures for you all to see. Thanks so much for your patience. Please look at the pictures that are included

Attachments

• 88 camaro schematic for EGR 156.jpg
    88 camaro schematic for EGR 156.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 88 camaro schematic for EGR 158.jpg
    88 camaro schematic for EGR 158.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 88 camaro schematic for EGR 157.jpg
    88 camaro schematic for EGR 157.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 274
Please guys look at your sample books. The color chosen was CAMEL. If there is anyone who disagrees, please contact me or post up. I do not want to let you all down.

On the zipper, that is on the upper rear seat and is suppose to be that way. Correct me, please if I am wrong.

couple thoughts...

There has been a question about the leather not matching the "plastics" and my thoughts on that are this; Plastic trim fades,gets dirty and never cleaned or cleaned with something too harsh. I personnally have done about a half a dozen interiors of cars. Some much older,some much newer and I have never had the seat trim/door panel plastic match the material used to recover the seats perfectly.

I feel there's a couple ways to deal with it. One is to accept some reasonable amount of compromise when restoring a 20 year old car. And the other is to have the plastic(s) re-dyed (sprayed) for a much closer match. I choose the latter of the two. It's much more work but well worth it.

We all have gotten the samples(I believe) and Camel was the closest to my lower mileage TTA. I checked it under flourescent and incandescent light and out in the overcast day's sunlight. The flourescent was the worst to match up anything as you can imagine.

In closing I think I have PM'd everyone that has expressed an interest and move this group purchase into the final stage. If I missed someone I apologize and by all means PM me if you have questions or PM or e-mail Jeni at Hawk's.

Thanks everyone,
Rich

Hi all! Just want to put the final pictures on here for you all. Thanks for the reminder Steve:) For those of you who have or are enduring the financial pinch and cannot fully commit....If you want to put a 150.00 deposit down to secure your GP, I will honor the GP price for you and extend it for you for 3 weeks from today. Let me know asap. I have been unsuccessfull in reaching a few of you. Thanks again so much for the oppurtunity to do this with and for you all. Have a great weekend and NO BAG SNATCHIN'

Jeni

Sorry the pictures did not get posted???????????
For those of you who ordered already, your leather is expected first thing in the a.m.

The End Is At Hand

Okay folks...the end is here for this group purchase. The cut-off date is November 14th at 3:00 P.M. eastern standard time. That would be next Friday afternoon. It is still possible to put down a deposit before next Friday the 14th to lock in this price even after close of the G/P.

Now is also the time to add something to your orders if you'd like to possibly save some shipping.

PM me the info I need to move forward with this. I need front leather seat covers and a rear spoiler. Thanks