TTA owners who need seat covers

Okay, here's a cut and paste from that thread over at TTA.com;
That just about means everyone with leather interior. As you know about the only option for quality front leather covers is JAX,problem is $895 is big pill to swallow.And if you need rears too then it's another $895.
Well, I've been on the phone with Hawk's the last couple weeks getting an upholstery set and carpet for my '92 with the same Ultima seats as the TTA. I was lamenting on the limited options we have for replacing just the fronts in leather and she agreed. Then she called to tell me that she is negotiating with a new vendor for interiors and that they could do the Ultima seats for the TTAs in the correct beechwood leather. She tells me that this is an extremely high caliber vendor and that they could guarantee fit,finish and color. This would include a leather sample sent out to verify correct color before they are built and a turn around time of maybe 4-6 weeks.
The estimated( that means estimated) would be around $825 for all 4 seats. AND she also thought we could just order front covers for probably a couple hundred less than the full set price.

So my questions is; Who would be up for a full set at about $825 or who is up for just the front pair for around $650. Now, of course we are just "spit ballin'" right now and they have yet to sign on with these folks, but she said Hawk's is up for another group purchase since the spoiler purchase went over really well.

Here's another thought...since stripping my 92's front seats of all they're plastics it occurred to me that there is no difference right to left in just the covers. So, I'm thinking we could pair off for splitting the front seat price. Seems allot (like mine) just have driver's seat bolster problems.

Okay, this is what I know about T/A seats in general.Which is what I learned over the winter re-doing my '92 T/A convertible seats and discussing things with Hawk's 3rd gen.

1. There is 2 different trim levels for the T/A, a "base" if you will and the upsell "ultima" seats.

2. I believe all 87-92 versions are the same on each level from year to year. The notchback and TTA's got the ultima seats with the rear seat headrest.The rest either had a split rear fold down or solid rear fold down. Convertible rears are the same width as the coupe version and from what I know all convertibles had a solid rear fold down back.

3. The Ultima seats have the power lumbar feature and the base seats do not. Both T/A seats are available cloth or leather. And Hawk's has a nice replacement for ultimas in Hampton vinyl in a variety of colors and shades and cloth as well. I chose that for the 92 because I'm a quite a bit cheaper with that car. For the TTA it would be leather only.

Since there's been renewed interest in Leather for the TTA's I guess I need to chat it up with Hawk's again. They were in the process of contracting a new upholstery provider at that time and had not gotten a "hard" pricing for the Beechwood TTA covers. But she did say they could do fronts alone or a full set. Jen said she would take care of us regardless of our time frame.
Jeni called today and our price for all 4, both rows, is $779 plus shipping. We will have the option to order just the front or rear row of seats.

Leather sample will go out to prospective buyers and we will have to agree to that color and style of leather before they are built. That means no returns for mismatch color.

So, to follow up, I don't have the pricing for seperate rows yet. Meaning, cost for rears and costs for just fronts.
Now, Jeni talked about a 3rd option that I believe Lance brought in(correct me if I'm wrong) and that is Katzkin Katzkin Leather Interiors
She raved about the much higher quality of material that they use, but would be priced much higher.
Not that Acme isn't an extremely high quality, but rather Katzkin's reputation is unimpeachable in the leather world.And she' was just follow up a lead given to her.

Bottom line is this; We need 6 orders to get this $779 price for a both row set. Now I don't know if the 6 orders need to be for a complete set or if just fronts qualifies us for GP pricing. This GP is only good for turbotransam.com members. Colors would be Beechwood and if some folks from 3rdgen.org want in they need to join turbotransam to be part of our group purchase.

That being said, I think they are ready for this GP, so I hope the timing is not bad for those who wanted to replace thier upholstery, but I think this needs to be nailed down by the end of July or early August.

How I think this will work is when each party places an order they will be sent a sample Beechwood swatch to compare against thier car's interior and would sign off on it as being a match or reject that swatch. Then the build order would be placed and shipped out when finished.

Hawk's is currently on shutdown till July 14th so we can spit ball this around a bit, at least get a rough order number. So if you would, post what you need , albeit a whole set or just fronts or just rears.

Now it's obviously after July 14th and no order has been made and the posts above are just mine not the continuity of the original thread so it may seem disheveled.

Seats will be odered in sets of front and rear rows, or, front row only and I believe rear row only.

If you want to PM me here or at TTA.com on what you'd be ordering albeit front,rear or both rows I can get back to hawk's in a week or two with user I.D.s. Then just like the spoiler purchase a "go" is posted and everyone would call Hawk's and place thier order stating they are part of the Turbo Trans am group purchase for Beechwood leather upholstery. After the GO post we would have about a week to get everybody in and samples would be sent out. Your credit cards won't be billed till upholstery sets are shipped.

Hope that is more clear than it reads, but ask and I'll try and answer questions.

Rich

I put a note over there on that website also, but I need fronts. Actually I only need the drivers seat, but if the 2 fronts are the same, I guess Ii could split a pair if someone wants. Or buy 2 and have spare - either way.

Let me know @ L2D3B@aol.com, I'm in

I am ready to put a deposite or whatever on these. When can we expect to purchase? I want to get these done before winter.

I'll call Hawk's this week and set up the specifics. Seems we have more than enough to qualify for group discount.

I'm dragging my feet becausee the spoiler purchase could have been larger had we waited a little longer. I just want to be sure all who need upholstery can be in on this.

Is this group buy still available? Sorry I'm late to the party, haven't been on for awhile but, you can put me down for front & rear if its available. Thanks.

Yes, still collecting names. Will follow up here and TTA.com

interested please keep us posted over here. i need all 4 seats mine are all shot thanks

Tally up

Okay, here's what I'm taking to Hawk's as far as names and rows(front row,rear row). Please reply or PM me here or at TTA.com to confirm and what rows you're are needing.

72Firebird-rear row

WS6-front row

Gatorlance-front row

Winger67-Front row

Indianajoe1960-Front row

El Dee Bee- Front row maybe rear row

Phillyturbo6-unknown

Band-aid-unknown

TT/Ameasap-unknown

Rustynail-front row

Lynn D Brown-front row

VaderT-Unknown

ttaowner-front row and rear row

house of speed-front and rear row

If you're marked unknown then I'm unsure what rows you need. Singles are not available as far as I know.
Once I have an accurate roster of names and rows needed I will set up the group purchase with Hawk's and orders will be placed using your username that I've given them.
When I post that info you will call Hawk's individually and they will specify how samples will be sent out for color match and orders will be placed when you are satisfied with the samples sample sent you.

Please PM me if you need any help.

Rich

Will the rears have the correct "carpet" on the back or is it just for the leather part? Got a TTA owner here in the UK that might be interested if it's complete with leather/carpet.