trying yo determ upgrane in a sane and coast effective way. ??

Money well spent o upgrades

• Upgrade to roller cam,It's the weak link in the hard parts

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • power logger without WP & sd chip) Running TL -Lack O funds

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Best prich fro Pl & needed accesories--money

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • upgrade maf & rteanlatir (Pro, ect,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Injectors 39# w/ ta-49

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin U

I think my Ft tappet can is OK for now. Val. VRI-racing oil.ZDDP, every change, question on first ,most reliable up grade on a budget I have been told A LT01 maf & translator might be a good up grade, but no adder performsnce up upgrade, . . I have t-link but it seems very slow for now. Powerlogger W/ with Wb what ever extras to go with it& standard pieces to to ger the mst info from it. I know the sd, 6.0 ship would be very good upgrade also Also money issues again. I know the weakest part of this motor is the FT cam. I have run @25 lbs no knock. or 2.5.
I want a roller for piecec of mind. but will POwerlogger work w/o widrbandD"
I seem to need to a few parts but after nex week Wro knows if i have a job.

I seem to need all these parts but which one first. I alos don't under stand Timing concering cause and effect on power tuning.> I have the TT chip for alky I 93 Octain
Sig followes. If money is a concern which to I go with.
I also need a turner And Dyno In West MI. Or not to far The take a look at it I want to get it close, maybe a few timed it Martin to have a look at try ti ssteer me rightt at least=tach me,
i don't want yo blow it before I t rund in a better state of tune..Hsrd to do by myself.
mart Irbanski

The first thing I would do, is to install spell checker on your pc.....it's free.

Yea ,yea, Old age + a good dose of Alzheimer's. The nuns would be beating on me rght now. I have no I Idea why this is happng to to me at this strange time. I do have the capicity to use the smarts I was given, just don't know when they are online. In the end , you know what I mean.. I hope

Upgrades

First off I don't see in your sig if your still hot air or if you have added an intercooler. You say you can run 25 psi with no knock is that on pump gas alcohol or what?

Either way the first thing you need to do before anything else is get yourself some bigger injectors. I don't know how fast your running now but you will be milking those 39lbers with anything under high 11's. Plenty of low mile used 60's floating around on the board. As far as the cam is concerned if it aint broke don't fix it, the stock cam will take you into the 10's so should the 206. The big myth is that there are no performance gains with the translater and that's the farthest thing from the truth. Accurate fueling is eveything and translater will help you get closer to acheiving that. Last, power logger is a great tuning tool at a low budget you can't go wrong with it. Hope that clears things up.

But to get more accurate info you we need to know how fast your going and how fast you wanna go. But I hope this helps.

imo

If it was my car and money I would start with a powerlogger and a lc1. Then I would work from there. But you need an 87ecm on your car first

Yes it is a hot-air,no intercooler. It has run @25lbs boost, I don't keep it there all the time. I keep it at 23lbs, 93 octane with razors kit w/ meth. It has the 87 ecm. I can't get the BLM's below 138,checked every where 2 dozen times. The injectors must be at their limit, but was not causing any problems as far as I could tell. If I add the bigger injectors will it pick up speed or just be a safety issue? I have never changed the timing in the chip, because I don't understand what it will do. It isn't going to be that hard to get to a track, just wanted to get it in shape before I took it there.
The only time I had it at a track was when it was brand new.
So, its the lc1,powerlogger,& 60lbs injectors. That should get me what I need.
I went back and read my first post,wow If I drank that would explain the spelling, but I don't drink. The joke about Alzheimer's might not be such a joke after all

you got it

I think you are on the right track. The powerlogger,60's,and a lc-1 would work well. I would like to get some 60's myself

I still kind of think that a TA33 and bigger injectors would be the way to go.

That's the route I'm taking... Sort of.

Does it say in the sig that he has a ta49? or am I reading wrong? Is a ta 33 bigger? If not why switch.

Sometimes no information at all is better than misinformation. A TA49 which he already has has a much larger flow rate than the TA33.

Also Martin U, as far as the timing issue to put it in laymans terms you can make power 3 different ways, more boost, more timing, or more boost and timing. Advancing the timing allows you to increase your power level at a lower level of boost but also increases your chances of getting knock. Of coarse we all know how to increase boost and the benefits and the effects of doing so. The last technique of increasing boost and tiiming will give you the most bang for your buck but takes patience and skill in balancing the variables of boost, timing, and fuel. But once mastered can yield amazing results sometimes as much as 75-100hp over just using one technique.

Didn't mean to say TA33. Meant to say TA49. My mistake, my mistake! I misread the poll.

BTW, does the TA49 need to be mounted a particular way or anything special done to get it into our hotair cars? Or is it essentially the same?

I don't have time tonight to find out who I got the turbo but as a W.A.G it was Precision. It was standard for a hot-ait at the time. I only had to reclock the wastegate, maybe alter the mount a tad to clear the hood.
Is there something more I can do to the turbo?? :)
I just want it to run hard & do it with some degree of reliability. This whole engine started with a spun rod bearing. One strong part just led me to another weak one. And on it went. I'm betting it will be the $3 part that takes me out. Blowing the drive shft out deep into 3rd gear was fun enough.:biggrin:
Marty