timing with ethanol.

Just an update

9.88@145mph with a crappy 1.57 60ft @15psi and 24deg timing. I couldn't improve the 60ft as I couldn't leave the line with any more than 8psi with out severe wheel spin..... I'm thinking our tires aren't the best as they are getting old.
Motor seems to like it there, plugs still look brand new. Have not had a chance to put any boost in yet, next time out hopefully. Been playing with fuel rails and lines to balance out the cylinder banks as one side was leaner than the other. All good now :)
Thanks for the advice though, I take everything in like a sponge.

PS I don't post here much because most of the time it wont let me. I cant even open threads with out clicking my mouse many many times fast..... Its weird but true. I have no problem on any other forum accept this one. Sometimes I open the main page and that's as far as it will let me go, so I give up lol... Shame.

Just an update

9.88@145mph with a crappy 1.57 60ft @15psi and 24deg timing. I couldn't improve the 60ft as I couldn't leave the line with any more than 8psi with out severe wheel spin..... I'm thinking our tires aren't the best as they are getting old.
Motor seems to like it there, plugs still look brand new. Have not had a chance to put any boost in yet, next time out hopefully. Been playing with fuel rails and lines to balance out the cylinder banks as one side was leaner than the other. All good now :)
Thanks for the advice though, I take everything in like a sponge.

Dayum...That's moving! What car is this thing in?

PS I don't post here much because most of the time it wont let me. I cant even open threads with out clicking my mouse many many times fast..... Its weird but true. I have no problem on any other forum accept this one. Sometimes I open the main page and that's as far as it will let me go, so I give up lol... Shame.

I have the same problems on the main page. I think its a script error. Good job on the times. What did u start your timing when you first started to tune?

If you're still using IE you need to switch to google chrome or firefox. IE has issues and it's not worth using. I tried firefox and am now using chrome and have a problem once in a while but it's working the best so far.;)

I just put chrome on and it seems to be working, thanks for the heads up ;)

We started at 18deg and just added more and more till it died off and backed it down then started adding boost. Had a lean issue on one side due to mismatched fittings on the fuel regulator but all is good now. Running 10.8 - 11.2 mixtures @15psi at the moment. Motor is in an Aussie early commodore.

One thing im trying to work out is how to make it sound better?? lol... Im thinking to merge the two 3in down pipes into one single 4in and into a straight through muffler.

Anyone have any experiance or know of videos with this done? It sounds terrible at the moment lol...

Heres a vid of the run. Only leaving on 8psi due to crappy tyres. Ive since had a look at them and they are finished...

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 221
Damn brother, good job! Keep us updated as u get further. Do u have a fuel sensor so can keep track of consistency? Jeremy

Damn brother, good job! Keep us updated as u get further. Do u have a fuel sensor so can keep track of consistency? Jeremy

Its E98 and we buy it in drums. I log the Afr's and they hardly move on each pass. Ive never checked consistancy. We do put an additive in the E98 to better take care of pumps/injectors etc but it makes no difference to tuning.

Never weighed it... I'd say its light. Probably 2800-3000 lbs plus me @200 lbs. So some where around 3000-3200 lbs.

I'm merging the two 3 inch down pipes into a single 4 inch and adding a larger muffler to it to quieten it a bit and going to up boost to around 18 psi for next time out.

Hoping to go 150 mph.

See how we go :D

Never weighed it... I'd say its light. Probably 2800-3000 lbs plus me @200 lbs. So some where around 3000-3200 lbs.

I'm merging the two 3 inch down pipes into a single 4 inch and adding a larger muffler to it to quieten it a bit and going to up boost to around 18 psi for next time out.

Hoping to go 150 mph.

See how we go :D

Oh CRAP dude!!!! Your steering wheel is on the wrong side!!!! And you're on the other side of the world which means you have to tune in exactly opposing values as the cars in the states...

LOL :D It's Friday and a long weekend for us so I just had to goof a little. Cool ride!

We took the car out again today, went 9.72@146 on the same boost. Used some old 10 in slicks in an effort to get more traction. Went a 1.50 60ft with a lot of wheel spin and spin in 2nd gear too.

So some new slicks are on the to do list. Didn't get enough runs to really go adding boost as there were sooooooo many cars as it was the first warm day for some time.

Went out for another run yesterday on fresh tyres and a little more boost. Went 9.52@149.80. Boost at 19psi.

Got a little tuning issue though.... When I pull timing the car starts to break down.. weird? Im @24deg @19psi car goes well.

If I drop timing to 22deg its almost like an ignition cut... Want to lower timing a little to add more boost. I haven't tried 23deg yet as I ran out of time,
just thought its a bit weird that less timing would cause break down especialy when its high already. Afrs were 10.8

Any ideas?

Amen. Working together is what this is all about!!
Conrad

9.52@149

9.58@148

Second run I went up against a LS2 turbo combo. I passed him at the 660 and he pulled out of the run at the 1000ft. Sook lol....

Car went 9.37 on friday night on 21psi with 23deg timing. Mixtures were really fat though at 10.3:1

I was only leaving the line with 15psi on the brake so I decided to go some more next pass.

I added a little more boost for another run (23psi).

Dialed up 20psi on the brake this time, front end came way up, tyres started smoking and then BANG! took half the teeth off the crown wheel lol....

Got some new diff gears going in ready for another go. Want that 8. lol

I have a 3800 S2 i need to finish installing in my T. This is inspiring
Me to finish that project. Are you still running the stock crank? Also what intake are you using? I have one of the aussie intakes that is a little difficult install on my car. Yours looks perfect. sorry for thread hijacking. Great performance btw.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app