Times and combos with billet turbos

I bet that turbo spools by just bumping the starter. I knew a guy who used 2 of these on a ford 3.8 but never heard about results.
my car went 7.32 @ 96 mph with 6262 .63 turbo on 12-13psi. Anyone know how fast you can go with a precision .63? Thinking of upgrading to a .85 buick housing on my new motor.

I made about 700whp on a .63 and ran out of compressor with a 6265 before i hit backpressure.

Track results last night were 10.37 @ 131.88 with 1.58 60':mad: . Boost at 25 and testing new HR rear sway bar kit with best 60' of 1.49.:D

Doing things in increments so will take off front sway bar next time, driver to lose more weight and draw fuel level down to minimum at the track.

Think there is a broken tooth in the differential which is making a lot of noise.
Hey Quick, are you leaving off the foot brake or t brake?..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sorry so many questions but was this on a two step?

No. I'm evaluating how much difference a Two Step would really make.

Fighting another gremlin or two with Noble less than 6 weeks away. Wish I was 40 years younger and knew a lot more about these cars.:)

Good to know!! GL on getting yours back together. I'm hoping to be back in early to mid Nov.

No. I'm evaluating how much difference a Two Step would really make.

Fighting another gremlin or two with Noble less than 6 weeks away. Wish I was 40 years younger and knew a lot more about these cars.:)

I JUST finished my n2mb 2 step install and sat down to get on turbobuick.com lol. Tested it on my setup at 2400rpm full cut and my reaction is WOW!! It builds boost sooo darn fast it's crazy!!! I had issues pushing through the beams last time at the track and I am certain this is the remedy. A 2-step is definatlly worth it's weight in gold on my setup.

My best with the 6262 so far has been 7.23 @ 99 mph, best 60' with the new converter is 1.75, best mph is 101mph all in the 1/8th. Dropping from a 373 to a 327 rear gear and I believe the car will gain mph. Hitting the strip this Friday the 6th to test the 2 step, hoping to bring home a 6 sec slip.

I JUST finished my n2mb 2 step install and sat down to get on turbobuick.com lol. Tested it on my setup at 2400rpm full cut and my reaction is WOW!! It builds boost sooo darn fast it's crazy!!! I had issues pushing through the beams last time at the track and I am certain this is the remedy. A 2-step is definatlly worth it's weight in gold on my setup.

My best with the 6262 so far has been 7.23 @ 99 mph, best 60' with the new converter is 1.75, best mph is 101mph all in the 1/8th. Dropping from a 373 to a 327 rear gear and I believe the car will gain mph. Hitting the strip this Friday the 6th to test the 2 step, hoping to bring home a 6 sec slip.
Why not run the 3.42? Are you running a tall tire? What you mentioned about pushing through the beams is what im going through. I figured either upgrading brakes or going to the two step. I do have a trans brake but dont really like leaving off it cause it seems so violent. Gl with getting you 6 sec slip!!

Because mustang:)

I have 327 ring and pinion here at the house and don't want to spend more money. They do make a 355 that come in the termis.

Both would be a great gear for a turbo car. What transmission are you running?

Edit: well for a 1/4 car, but I'm not sure about the difference in in rpm at the 660.

I finally made it out to the track after a couple of years of procrastination....I made three passes with the car on a slick track. The turbo is a Billet Air Cooled 6766 and the car tipped the track scales at 3792lbs. (too lazy to take out the stereo equipment) All runs were on pump gas/alky (Dual nozzle) with the A/F around 10.8

255/60 15" MT drag radials.

First pass was a 1/8 mile hit at 15lbs boost, 7.4@96mph with a 1.85 60'

Second pass was another 1/8 mile hit at 20-21#, 102mph (lost the slip and don't recall the rest of the numbers)

Third pass was a full pull at 20-21lbs with 21.5* timing, it ran a 10.9@131 mph 1.78', 102 mph to the 1/8th. 1-2 shift at 6500, 2-3 shift at 6300.

There were a few oil downs/breakage with the high school cars running and we didn't have a chance to turn it up or play with the tune. The TPS on the XFI logs were swinging wildly from a max of 88% to 43% throughout the runs. Battery voltage also dropped from 13.7 to 12.6 by the end of the run, not sure if that is part of the problem or causing issues with the logs.

^Nice pulls. What does the build consisit of. If its in ur sig, im not able to see it cause of phone app. If that 60ft was down that was a mid 10sec pull. Nice!!

Thanks,

Steve

I made about 700whp on a .63 and ran out of compressor with a 6265 before i hit backpressure.

I read on another board the difference between the pte .63 and .81 t3 is good for around 25rwhp with the .63 making 500rwhp and the .81 making 525rwhp both at the same boost levels. This was on a 4cyl Honda and 6262 turbo. Not a real good comparison. I know cam and cyl head potential comes into play not to mention 90* v6 vs i4.

I think with a combo like mine it could be more than 25rwhp. Just don't think it's worth modding my 6262 when a different turbo would net larger gains. I would have to swap to a tang or v-band inlet because pte does not offer the 6262 with the .85 housing in 3 bolt style.

Also my best with the 6262 so far has been 7.11 @ 102.3mph with issues. 15-16psi and 19* pump gas.

^Nice pulls. What does the build consisit of. If its in ur sig, im not able to see it cause of phone app. If that 60ft was down that was a mid 10sec pull. Nice!!

Thanks,

Steve

87 GN
Stroker 109 by Lonnie Diers, Billet 6766BB .85a/r, 224-218 Solid roller cam, Race port-GN1's, Injector dynamics 1000cc, XFI, Alkycontrol, TA Headers, 3.5"DP, Stage III 200r4 by Lonnie Diers, PTC 9.5" N/L,
D's GN, Yesterday at 10:58 PM Report

Third pass was a full pull at 20-21lbs with 21.5* timing, it ran a 10.9@131 mph 1.78', 102 mph to the 1/8th. 1-2 shift at 6500, 2-3 shift at 6300.

I ran 132 (104 8th)the other day, but with more boost 26lbs, and less timing 18*. I think the biggest difference is the cam in where the power is and what boost is seen on the gauge. I couldn't hook for shit either. Combo is in the sig.

I read on another board the difference between the pte .63 and .81 t3 is good for around 25rwhp with the .63 making 500rwhp and the .81 making 525rwhp both at the same boost levels. This was on a 4cyl Honda and 6262 turbo. Not a real good comparison. I know cam and cyl head potential comes into play not to mention 90* v6 vs i4.

I think with a combo like mine it could be more than 25rwhp. Just don't think it's worth modding my 6262 when a different turbo would net larger gains. I would have to swap to a tang or v-band inlet because pte does not offer the 6262 with the .85 housing in 3 bolt style.

Also my best with the 6262 so far has been 7.11 @ 102.3mph with issues. 15-16psi and 19* pump gas.
That may be true in applications where the compressor wasn't out of breath but i doubt I would have seen more than a few hp with a different a/r or housing on that engine, Cam lobes, cam timing, and CR were working together very well on that combo. I saw around 78lbs/min on that particular engine and have not seen more than 70-72lbs/min on any other application that I've either tested myself or seen posted here. Reading around the internet I've seen a couple 4 cylinder applications hit about the same mass flow but at higher pressure ratios with a lot more rpm. You appear to be around 60-62lbs/min on your current tune.plenty left to go with the 6262. If you want to send me a .85 housing I can re-contour for a 62 turbine but I doubt you will see any gain if you're running the turbo for all its worth. The housing would have to to previously contoured for a smaller wheel than a 62mm

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1381712704.109619.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1381712851.162389.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1381712886.615456.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1381712955.371391.jpg

Well it finally gave up!!! Have been running this engine internal set up since 05 with exception of changing head gaskets several times until running Cometics,this engine went from 12.6's when I bought it to 10.70 and a best mph of 128 in 3420 without driver and stock suspension original to the car with air bags only 78,000 on miles on it!JE pistons, 210 precision cam and studs are all that are aftermarket!!I have been running a precision 67/65 billet turbo and stock location intercooler for 3 years now and the car has ran several 10 second passes for the last 3 years!! Just changed over to E85, was only running new injectors and WB tracking chip 2 weeks before it blew up!! Thanks Rob Ortosky for all your help!!! Looking forward to running 9's in the future!!!

Good luck with future motor. What will new combo be?
Not for sure, but most likely girdle and center main caps on 109, 212 roller cam, eagle crank,molnar rods,Gn1 heads,scorpion rockers, and champion intake with my current 67/65 precision turbo and stock loc intercooler,120# injectors,340 dbp on E85 if I everything goes as planned!!