Times and combos with billet turbos

So far at 23-24 psi I have gone 10.9x`s @ 124 with my 62-65. I have been told by many that the power will significantly go up around 28 psi. But I need to grow a set first!:eek::wink: I just don`t feel comfortable over 25 for some reason.

Combo in sig. (blue car)

Yeah with all this talk about how great these new billet turbo's are where are the track results?

Scoot, I think you have maximized your combo well.;) I don't think it would matter what type of larger turbo you got, you'ld be in the 10s for sure.

First run on GT 62-65 dbl BB.

Ran a 10.87 last weekend with a 1.57 short time. This was on 91 oct / Razors alky, SLIC, 3600 car, DRs on steel GN rims. Air temp was 82*. Boost was 22 lbs. Timeing 23/22. Spools like a stocker with a 3000 stall non LU.

Mike B.

ran a 10.87 last weekend with a 1.57 short time. This was on 91 oct / razors alky, slic, 3600 car, drs on steel gn rims. Air temp was 82*. Boost was 22 lbs. Timeing 23/22. Spools like a stocker with a 3000 stall non lu.

Mike b.

mph?

Times in sig of the TTA. Stock unopened motor. 29-30lbs of boost. On 100 and Alky.

60-57 billet wheel. Stock longblock, front mount,3in DP, TT street chip, 22-23 psi, 110 octane fuel. 12.70 @ 113 mph. This was with a 2.22 60 ft , 17 in wheels and street tires.

Glad to see some more posts. I'm sure everyone would like to see alot more so post up if you got a Billet turbo!

Ran a 10.87 last weekend with a 1.57 short time. This was on 91 oct / Razors alky, SLIC, 3600 car, DRs on steel GN rims. Air temp was 82*. Boost was 22 lbs. Timeing 23/22. Spools like a stocker with a 3000 stall non LU.

Mike B.

What wastegate and how are you controling the boost getting it down to 22lbs.

Congrats Louie!
I'm pretty sure billet wheels hold the record in nearly every Buick class they have been allowed in.

Thanks Cal.

There is no doubt the 6057 can go low 11s on properly prepared, suspended stock long block car and still spool up nicely with a stock converter. I had some issues on the last 2 passes and the car still went 12.80 and 12.77 spining the tires.

I gonna put on a set of drag radials, alky on the car and see what it does.

What wastegate and how are you controling the boost getting it down to 22lbs.

Stock style HD wastgate. Old THDP. I had overboost problems untill I ported the exhaust housing as big as I could go, and still have the puck just cover the hole by about 1/32". I also did a blend job with a dremmel tool inside the hole to smooth out some corners and flow more air. Didn't take pics.

Mike Barnard