Times and combos with billet turbos

KevinW25645 just went 10.89 with his new 6265e. Dont have a speed or 60' yet. I will post when I get it. It still has a ton in it. I believe it was 25 lbs...
We have all afternoon to get it lower.

Coach:biggrin:

New time!!!

I ran a 10.704 @124.25 MPH 6.78 1/8th @101.58,1.574 60'!I have the 67/65 billet with PTE Stock mount intercooler,Stock suspension other than air bags,and stock bottom end!

KevinW25645 just went 10.89 with his new 6265e. Dont have a speed or 60' yet. I will post when I get it. It still has a ton in it. I believe it was 25 lbs...
We have all afternoon to get it lower.

Coach:biggrin:

Well he never ran it again after that pass. Said he was happy with that for his little 62 and went home. 60' was 1.65 and speed was 127.

:biggrin:

I have the billet 6262 with journal bearing. See sig. for combo and time. The 1/8 mile time should equate to a 10.7-10.8 quarter mile time.

I have the billet 6262 with journal bearing. See sig. for combo and time. The 1/8 mile time should equate to a 10.7-10.8 quarter mile time.

Congrats! I want that turbo with the S cover to get rid of my mid throttle surge...

I have a 6262BB E cover , I have not went down the track yet but I have out ran some 6:90s cars . All have been LS1s with nos lololo.

Car has dynoed 588 RWHP/570 TQ with a journal bearing 6265 on a Mustang dyno on 23#'s of boost with convertor slipping 12% LU'ed.

Best time is 10.94 @123 on 22#'s of boost, soft launch to avoid red light at Noble and a wish and a prayer tune. Had installed new 80# injectors about 3 weeks before Noble and a PTC convertor 2 days before. Haven't been back to the track yet but will do so in late March/early April. They is a lot more to be had as the new convertor changed the shift points and greatly lowered the RPM needed to hit the shift point in second gear. Lower RPM and larger drop in RPM put the car below it's power curve and it took .4 seconds longer to go from 40-100 MPH than car normally takes. More boost and a higher RPM shift from 2nd should make a noticable difference.

Will post results when done.

Sounds good. We'll need the rest of the combo too.;)

Anyone have any times with the stock appearing DBB Billet turbos yet?

Probably more than you want to know.

Engine:
Stock block, bored .030 over, RJC girdle ARP main bolts
TRW forged pistons with ARP rod bolts
Eagle forged crank
Champion Ported Iron Heads
Comp Cams 212/212 Flat Tappet Camshaft
SS headers
PT 6265 turbo with “S” cover, heavy duty actuator and turbo saver
Terry Houston 3 1/2" SS downpipe with test pipe
Cotton’s 3” dual exhaust system
RJC boost controller
Hemco 62MM plenum
Jay Jackson 62MM throttle body
CAS V2 front mount intercooler
Seimens 80# fuel injectors
Walbro 340 fuel pump, hot wired
Billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Alcohol injection system Razor
Cold air intake system with 4” RJC MAF pipe
GM aluminum radiator
Carter high volume water pump
Billet valve cover breathers
Billet thermostat housing with 160 thermostat
TurboTweak SD chip
Powerlogger and PLX WB O2 sensor
Taylor 10mm ignition wires
Accel coil pack
Autolite 23 R plugs
Transmission and Driveline:
GM 2004R built from PTE’s catalog
PTC, 9.5 Non-lock convertor with 3000 RPM stall
B&M transmission cooler
Drive shaft loop
Moser axles with TA girdle and aluminum differential cover
Suspension:
5 Point roll bar with removable side and rear cross bar
Body bushings, lower and uppers
Rear "X" braces
Front braces, upper and lower
Air bags
Boxed, rear upper and lower control arms with polygraphite bushings
Bilstein shocks
ATR rear sway bar
Polygraphite bushings on front sway bar
Wheels and tires:
Stock for the street, BFG T/A’s, stock size. "H" rated on front, 275x60 Nitto Extreme Drag Radials on rear
Cragar race wheels for strip with 3 ½ inch front tires and 10.5x28 MT’s on rear
Gauges:
Scanmaster II with hood and upgrades
Pillar mounted boost gauge and EGT
Black GNX style dash with 4 gauge cluster, 7,000 RPM tach and 160MPH speedometer
Rail model fuel pressure gauge
Dress Up Items and other:
Trunk kit
Console extension kit
Personalized console plaque
GN logo floor mats
Numerous chrome pieces under the hood
Kirban’s window motor kit, both sides
Undercarriage painted

Wow! That is complete! Thank you.

Car has dynoed 588 RWHP/570 TQ with a journal bearing 6265 on a Mustang dyno on 23#'s of boost with convertor slipping 12% LU'ed.

Best time is 10.94 @123 on 22#'s of boost, soft launch to avoid red light at Noble and a wish and a prayer tune. Had installed new 80# injectors about 3 weeks before Noble and a PTC convertor 2 days before. Haven't been back to the track yet but will do so in late March/early April. They is a lot more to be had as the new convertor changed the shift points and greatly lowered the RPM needed to hit the shift point in second gear. Lower RPM and larger drop in RPM put the car below it's power curve and it took .4 seconds longer to go from 40-100 MPH than car normally takes. More boost and a higher RPM shift from 2nd should make a noticable difference.

Thanks for all the specifics, sorry I have not been in touch!

Very Nice!! Can you still get more boost from the turbo if you wanted?

Very Nice!! Can you still get more boost from the turbo if you wanted?

Yes, keeping the boost down has been more of a problem. Actually pegged the boost gauge when the turbo was first installed.:eek: We thought we had it under control and I took my eye off of it for just a moment; blew the uppipe off the TB and trust me, that will screw up your hood insulator.:biggrin:

I plan to push it up to 28# or more to see what it will run.

Yes, keeping the boost down has been more of a problem. Actually pegged the boost gauge when the turbo was first installed.:eek: We thought we had it under control and I took my eye off of it for just a moment; blew the uppipe off the TB and trust me, that will screw up your hood insulator.:biggrin:

I plan to push it up to 28# or more to see what it will run.

Thanks Quick Six,

I can't wait to hear what happens when you turn it up. I think 10.40~10.50's are on the horizon @ 28psi and a "Hard Launch".:biggrin: GL!!

Thanks Quick Six,

I can't wait to hear what happens when you turn it up. I think 10.40~10.50's are on the horizon @ 28psi and a "Hard Launch".:biggrin: GL!!

I hope you're right. Keeping the car in 2nd gear up to 6150 and reducing the RPM drop when going into 3rd will be the key. 4/10th's faster from 40 to 100 should make a huge difference.

New best with 6265 dbl bb S cover

Best ET of the day was a 10.55 @ 123 with a 1.39:eek: sixty ft. 22 lbs of boost and 23 deg of timing. 3000 non lu conv.

Best mph of the day was 126 at 23 lbs of boost with 24.5 deg of timing.

All runs were with 91 oct gas and Razor's alky. See full combo below.

YouTube - spoolfool at Fontana

This car is 99% street driven and is very crisp in stop and go driving. It's well worth the extra money to go dbl BB.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Best ET of the day was a 10.55 @ 123 with a 1.39:eek: sixty ft. 22 lbs of boost and 23 deg of timing. 3000 non lu conv.

Best mph of the day was 126 at 23 lbs of boost with 24.5 deg of timing.

All runs were with 91 oct gas and Razor's alky. See full combo below.

YouTube - spoolfool at Fontana

This car is 99% street driven and is very crisp in stop and go driving. It's well worth the extra money to go dbl BB.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Congratulations, Mike, that is great performance and the 60 ft is unreal.

I about fell out of my chair when I saw the timing you were running with 91 octane fuel; heck, I was nervous running 23/21 with 101.:biggrin:
Our setups are very similiar, see post #50, and I think I could learn something from your experience. So if you don't mind, I'd like to see your PL run to see how your car behaves throughout the run.

Weather in Oklahoma is still pretty cold so I'm doing a lot of bench racing and getting mine ready to go.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Mike: That's getting it done. Congratulations.

I about fell out of my chair when I saw the timing you were running with 91 octane fuel; heck, I was nervous running 23/21 with 101.:biggrin:
Our setups are very similiar, see post #50, and I think I could learn something from your experience. So if you don't mind, I'd like to see your PL run to see how your car behaves throughout the run.

Weather in Oklahoma is still pretty cold so I'm doing a lot of bench racing and getting mine ready to go.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

I knew mike would turn up the timing. had to make sure the tune was safe for him. I wouldn't have increase timing without more octane but its not my car. Mike just be carefull.

If i was him i would keep it no more then 21psi at 23/21 for the street stuff. when you play at the track put good gas in. you have nothing to prove :D

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Correction: Timing was 23/21 on best ET, Was 24.5/22.5 for best mph. I Struggled with getting the boost to go up all day. Never could get it to go past 23, so I just threw more timing at it.;)

Unfortunately, as I launched my 1.39 short time, my glove box flew open. All the small hand tools and crap landed on the keyboard of my lap top, pushing buttons all the way down the track. When I got to the end, I had no data, but a nice time slip.:cool:

I just got my Powerlogger set up a few days before the track. I'm still struggling with getting the fuel corrections right. I'm hoping that this combo has at least a low 10.4x hiding in it, with 91 and alky.

Mike B.