Times and combos with billet turbos

Track results last night were 10.37 @ 131.88 with 1.58 60':mad: . Boost at 25 and testing new HR rear sway bar kit with best 60' of 1.49.:D

Doing things in increments so will take off front sway bar next time, driver to lose more weight and draw fuel level down to minimum at the track.

Think there is a broken tooth in the differential which is making a lot of noise.

This is sounding very promising.
Hurry up and run that 9 before it gets hot!

quick six,nice pass!be carefull lowering fuel levels i have seen pressure issues when going low.

John Wilde said:
This is sounding very promising.
Hurry up and run that 9 before it gets hot!

It will run the number hot or not.

It will run the number hot or not.

Brian and John: The rear-end problem was 3 broken teeth and after 2 sets of gears that howled like crazy, I bit the bullet and put in a 9" Ford rear-end, UMI upper and lower control arms and 11" disc brakes. Sure slows down a lot better with these brakes.

Had a lot of things that took my attention away from the car but finally made it to the track last weekend. Ran an easy first pass on 19-2o lbs. of boost and a no boost launch. Ran 10.99 @ 124.97 with a 1.881 60'. Hadn't been to the track in over 9 months so spent a few runs getting the 60' down. Also had a new tune and ended up running 10.44 @ 128.92 with a 1.499 60' on 21-22 lbs of boost which was nearly identical to my #2 best run that was done with 24 lbs of boost last spring.

Heading back to the track this Friday if the Oklahoma weather co-operates and will start off at 24 lbs and turn it up from there.

Quik Six said:
Brian and John: The rear-end problem was 3 broken teeth and after 2 sets of gears that howled like crazy, I bit the bullet and put in a 9" Ford rear-end, UMI upper and lower control arms and 11" disc brakes. Sure slows down a lot better with these brakes.

Had a lot of things that took my attention away from the car but finally made it to the track last weekend. Ran an easy first pass on 19-2o lbs. of boost and a no boost launch. Ran 10.99 @ 124.97 with a 1.881 60'. Hadn't been to the track in over 9 months so spent a few runs getting the 60' down. Also had a new tune and ended up running 10.44 @ 128.92 with a 1.499 60' on 21-22 lbs of boost which was nearly identical to my #2 best run that was done with 24 lbs of boost last spring.

Heading back to the track this Friday if the Oklahoma weather co-operates and will start off at 24 lbs and turn it up from there.
Looks like you will hit the number with a little room to spare if the air stays good and it's likely your mph is off a little because of the rear and brakes added rotational mass. Nothing like a tight combo that whips everyones ass. Tire height will be your friend here. If the converter couples hard you should have your number soon.

Looks like you will hit the number with a little room to spare if the air stays good and it's likely your mph is off a little because of the rear and brakes added rotational mass. Nothing like a tight combo that whips everyones ass. Tire height will be your friend here. If the converter couples hard you should have your number soon.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. You've been a huge help in guiding me in the right direction.

I'm headed back to the track Friday if the Oklahoma weather co-operates.

Nice job Phil!!! You give me hope and a dream!

Phil,

Good luck my friend, I living vicariously through you this year!
You numbers look good at low boost, I hoping to see 130 mph plus if you have a good track/weather.

I just picked up the new 6466 Hempstead-20130418-00047.jpg and cant wait till it sits with my new stroker motorHempstead-20130412-00035.jpg plus a nice set of heads and cam, I would think I will be in the tens.... We shall see

Phil,

Good luck my friend, I living vicariously through you this year!
You numbers look good at low boost, I hoping to see 130 mph plus if you have a good track/weather.
Who built your stroker and how much was it? I see its not a girdeled motor but looks to have studded mains should be good to high 9's with a good tune and still be street able :)

Who built your stroker and how much was it? I see its not a girdeled motor but looks to have studded mains should be good to high 9's with a good tune and still be street able :)

The stroker kit is a GN 1 Performance kit and was the engine was built by one of our club members here in OKC. I can't recall how much the cost was. Car does have a girdle and cam is a DLS 218/218 roller with T&D 1.55 roller rockers. TA stainless headers and still has 80# injectors fed by DW 300 pump with a BAP. PTC NL convertor with stall around 2900. Still have the 6265 JB turbo that spools "right now" as my granddad would say.

I think I have killed all the gremlins and will see how it runs. I'm confident it will go into the 9's on 93/alky with the right tune and will run smooth as silk bringing me home afterward.

Anyone running a smaller billet turbo, like my cea5557?
My engine is coming along, should be just a couple more months.

Thanks Joe

Anyone running a smaller billet turbo, like my cea5557?
My engine is coming along, should be just a couple more months.

Thanks Joe
I bet that turbo spools by just bumping the starter. I knew a guy who used 2 of these on a ford 3.8 but never heard about results.
my car went 7.32 @ 96 mph with 6262 .63 turbo on 12-13psi. Anyone know how fast you can go with a precision .63? Thinking of upgrading to a .85 buick housing on my new motor.

Supporting mods and et?

Thanks Joe
my sig covers it pretty good
Bottom end was 100% stock
I had a injector fell last year and took out the head gasket, and a rod ,tell then it was fun to drive .
car has always got 20 mpg and so docile my wife could drive it.
Its going back together soon, no real changes just a new rotating ass.
Its a solid 11.90 car @ 113 ,has gone 115 once and so easy to drive on the street

Is there a newer comparison chart out yet? Most of those new billet wheels and compressor housings them selves have been superseded or updated.

Joe