Time to go Stage II!

one thing i could recommend you use is a air impact with a tool that has a round flat nylon tip to massage the aluminum around corners and edges

The rear section of the intake plenum is FINISHED! YEEHAAAA!
IMAG0479.jpg

Last edited:
U are one bad son-of-a-buck!!! Damn that looks sexy!! All of it!! I need 2min now!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How are you getting water to the block? Remote themostat location? Looks like you have to run an electric water pump.

How are you getting water to the block? Remote themostat location? Looks like you have to run an electric water pump.
The same way I did with the Stage I motor.
The cooling water will come out at the front of the heads. No thermostat, but there will be an orifice to create backpressure in the block.
I am using a remotely mounted, electric water pump. The same one I used on the last motor

now im no expert but id say something with a taper
That was my first thought. But now there are some new interesting plenum designs that help to equalize flow better than the old, simpler plenum designs.
A long, tapered, feeder plenum feeds the main plenum through a long slot with vanes.
The long slot that feeds the main plenum is located above the runners, running front to rear.
The throttle body mounts to the front of the feeder plenum.

Last edited:
This is the room I have . There's going to be two fuel pressure regulators up front.
It doesn't look like I'll have room to do a feeder plenum design due to the hood clearance.
IMAG0481.jpg IMAG0482.jpg IMAG0484.jpg IMAG0485.jpg IMAG0488.jpg

Last edited:
I just pulled the throttlebody off my old intake to clean it up, and position it for the Stage II project. Here is a shot of inside the old intake with the throttlebody removed.
IMAG0489.jpg

102mm throttlebody cleaned up nicely. None the worse for wear.
When I designed this throttlebody I had this Stage II project in mind.
IMAG0490.jpg