THS Rules for 2012

THE WRAITH

I know that there is a lively debate in other rule sections. Rather than wait until after Christmas, I think that it would be a good idea to set the 2012 rules in stone.

Are there any rules changes or updates from the 2011 rules for 2012?

If so, what are they?

I don't believe there is any reason that this should be postponed any further than the middle of Dec. Call it Dec. 15, 2011.

Subscribed.

I vote for no changes.
We did not have any issues this year at the races I was at with anyone's car.

I know that there is a lively debate in other rule sections. Rather than wait until after Christmas, I think that it would be a good idea to set the 2012 rules in stone.

Are there any rules changes or updates from the 2011 rules for 2012?

If so, what are they?

I don't believe there is any reason that this should be postponed any further than the middle of Dec. Call it Dec. 15, 2011.

I would think no later than Dec 1.
Nobody had any issues that I'm aware of so should be easy.

I plan on running the THS class next year. after reading the currant rules, there are a couple of rules that I have trouble understanding why the rule is the way it is. Let me also make it clear that I don't care what the final rules are, i will build the car to what ever they are. just curious as why some after market ignition systems are allowed but not others. seems to me it would only be fair to allow any aftermarket system or none at all. and the other thing is the inlet and outlet restrictions on the turbo. not much power difference between them. I can also understand that all of you who have already purchased turbo with 3 in 2 out would not want to change now. would just like to understand the thought process that went into those rules to understand them better. watched this class at bowling green and really like it, look foward to seeing how fast we can go.

Other than a distributor, what ignition can't you run? 3x2 housing makes it easy to police.

I plan on running the THS class next year. after reading the currant rules, there are a couple of rules that I have trouble understanding why the rule is the way it is. Let me also make it clear that I don't care what the final rules are, i will build the car to what ever they are. just curious as why some after market ignition systems are allowed but not others. seems to me it would only be fair to allow any aftermarket system or none at all. and the other thing is the inlet and outlet restrictions on the turbo. not much power difference between them. I can also understand that all of you who have already purchased turbo with 3 in 2 out would not want to change now. would just like to understand the thought process that went into those rules to understand them better. watched this class at bowling green and really like it, look foward to seeing how fast we can go.

The only ignition system that i am aware of that is illegal is a distributor setup.

The 3x2 rule helps tech out. Basically, Everyone sees a the 3x2 housing and can be satisfied that the turbo is no bigger than a 67. Not sure if a bigger compressor wheel would work in the 3x2 housing though. I guess it is assumed the 3x2 housing becomes the limiting factor....I have no tests to back this up. In tsm, every turbo gets plugged during peer tech. There is a ths plug, but I have yet to see it used in tech.

The only ignition system that i am aware of that is illegal is a distributor setup.

The 3x2 rule helps tech out. Basically, Everyone sees a the 3x2 housing and can be satisfied that the turbo is no bigger than a 67. Not sure if a bigger compressor wheel would work in the 3x2 housing though. I guess it is assumed the 3x2 housing becomes the limiting factor....I have no tests to back this up. In tsm, every turbo gets plugged during peer tech. There is a ths plug, but I have yet to see it used in tech.

Thanks for responding, Kevin. You seem to be the man to beat in this class. I just don't understand if your going to allow anything other than factory, why allow cop but not dist. set up. Both eliminate waste spark which is the advantage over stock. I don't see one giving an advantage over the other. but the rules are the rules, we will stick a "cop" on it.

Doesnt TurboBob have a new ignition system? Is it legal?

Lonnie,

I vote that we have only 109 blocks.

Joking.........:)

Thanks for responding, Kevin. You seem to be the man to beat in this class. I just don't understand if your going to allow anything other than factory, why allow cop but not dist. set up. Both eliminate waste spark which is the advantage over stock. I don't see one giving an advantage over the other. but the rules are the rules, we will stick a "cop" on it.

That is right.... Kevin is the man to beat......:cool:

I am hardly the one to beat...that would be DDay lol.

Not sure why the rule is like that. I sold all my dist stuff when I made the switch over.

Good Racing at BG. There were about 10 cars that could have beat each other at anytime. Not sure there is any one guy to beat. But then DDay has won the big dance more than once.

That is right.... Kevin is the man to beat......:cool:

You guys lol......DDay has the the most wins, Clay ran the quickest time at an event and you had the highest mph....I am no where on any lists:p

The ls1 coil look to be legal, so I would say the new Baley system should be ok

I know like its some sort of secret weapon.

It is the great unknown... or one of many unknowns by myself.... I say bring it on...I have nothing to base my opinion on....I reserve the right to share my opinion afterwards though.....;)

Hey I run waste spark.

You guys lol......DDay has the the most wins, Clay ran the quickest time at an event and you had the highest mph....I am no where on any list :p

The ls1 coil look to be legal, so I would say the new Baley system should be ok

That was a freak accident....your the fastest THS outlaw that has posted their time:D

of course I havent heard Lonnie's test and tune times.... Lonnie???? So what does it run?

Seriously, is the TurboBob ignition legal....????? Inquiring minds want to know.