THS rules discussion for 2013

Yes to hood obviously
Yes to 4" exhaust
Yes to Wheels house mods. If I cant see them walking around the car I don't care.

Is there a tire size limit. If there is a tire size limit I don't think the wheel tub should be a problem

If not I vote no

Yes there is a tire size rule that has never changed since the beginning of THS.

With the minitubs, are the OE suspension mounting locations still used or have they also been altered? If they have been changed, would they create an advantage in setting up the rear suspension?

With the minitubs, are the OE suspension mounting locations still used or have they also been altered? If they have been changed, would they create an advantage in setting up the rear suspension?

Not sure if they have to be moved for mini tub but I know we cannot move any suspension mounting points
When we did my car mine needed to be moved according to all the math and I was told I could not so I didn't move them

no suspension changes in mini tubs , at least in mine .only the outer frame and wheelhouse .jim maguire

The mini tubs only add an inch or so of material and the tubs are moved in. The suspension points are not moved. Does not gain anyone a performance advantage. Just saves you from hammering the inner wheel wells to clearance the tires so you can bring the wheel in closer. I had to run an 1/8" spacer to avoid rubbing. I guess you could put this down as a safety rule if you are scared of spacers lol. I've seen mini wheel tub jobs that I would most likely would have never known it was done.

I think you guys have a great class going. If I was still racing, I would vote for no changes. People know the rules and can change their cars. Hell, I built a car around the rules, as well as a few others. It is not fair to change stuff for one or two people. The class already gets the most participation out of any of the other heads up Buick classes. Tsm died IMO because it took a bunch of money to keep up with the performance rule changes made every year. Is it asking too much to change your exhaust or compressor cover?
Kip, I would keep the rules the same and rule it with an iron fist. We all know what happens when racers vote. You will get one thing here and there and before you know it, you will have gutted race cars.
I saw last year, with the exception of bg, it was a low 10 second class. Id keep it that way.

My opinion and a few facts....

Yes to the three items Kip referenced. Exhaust at 4 inches is not an issue to me ( dont see the use in 4 in but whatever). As long as you can NOT see the mini tubs and they have to have the same tire... who cares... The hoods only advantage is to be able to move weight around or off the nose of the car. However, that is not always the best place to remove weight.

A small snap shot is that I picked up 60ft and ET with steel hood.... Lot less bouncing around and not going anywhere. Iron headed cars struggle with weight...... ex. 3700lbs suxs... The hood doesnt automatically mean the car goes faster. I had a hood and sold it to run...and ran faster with steel hood.... I say all things being legal... a hood should not eliminate a guy from running (I think its kind of ridiculous to even argue it, but again whatever). (I agree with Kip as to be stock appearing tho).

Kip already addressed the lower weight for iron headed cars. Most of them can not perform to the level of aluminum headed cars as the aluminum headed cars are normally stroked as well. But I think that helping those iron headed stock stroked cars out (eliminating me from the factor) is the group that needs additional help.

I dont get on here often....... so you all take a hard look at it and decide with out being selfish to your own situation.

Like Ronnie's statement of over the axel exhaust.... o_O

The mini tubs only add an inch or so of material and the tubs are moved in. The suspension points are not moved. Does not gain anyone a performance advantage. Just saves you from hammering the inner wheel wells to clearance the tires so you can bring the wheel in closer. I had to run an 1/8" spacer to avoid rubbing. I guess you could put this down as a safety rule if you are scared of spacers lol. I've seen mini wheel tub jobs that I would most likely would have never known it was done.

I think you guys have a great class going. If I was still racing, I would vote for no changes. People know the rules and can change their cars. Hell, I built a car around the rules, as well as a few others. It is not fair to change stuff for one or two people. The class already gets the most participation out of any of the other heads up Buick classes. Tsm died IMO because it took a bunch of money to keep up with the performance rule changes made every year. Is it asking too much to change your exhaust or compressor cover?
Kip, I would keep the rules the same and rule it with an iron fist. We all know what happens when racers vote. You will get one thing here and there and before you know it, you will have gutted race cars.
I saw last year, with the exception of bg, it was a low 10 second class. Id keep it that way.

Well put KB!

I dont have a problem with any of the proposed items. I dont think cowl hoods should be kosher,but I think that has already been hashed out. 4" exhaust,no prob. I have 3 1/2 on my car. another half inch is no big deal,relatively speaking. Mini tubs,no biggie to me.Now I CAN DO IT TOO!!!! The short version, yes to all.I'm assuming noone has a problem with hot air cars not having a/c boxes , or what ever,neither do I. the more cars, the more,different people get to take me out in the first round!

Kip I'm not good with names and have not been to that many races but not sure who has or has not raced THS in last 2 years

TSM you can vote if raced last 2 years, TSO is similar

Keep that in mind here or state it is you haven't already.

Wow I wish the non tax payers could not vote either then we would not have Osamas cousin up there in the big white cabin

Doc. just to ease your mind a bit. This is Chris Carnforth,a.k.a. BigHeadChris. The last time TB>C had a little hiccup and some people had to re ~join, i didnt bother.I kept forgetting the randomly generated password i got. As you are aware I have been involved, allbeit limited, since the inception of the class.

Kip I'm not good with names and have not been to that many races but not sure who has or has not raced THS in last 2 years

TSM you can vote if raced last 2 years, TSO is similar

Keep that in mind here or state it is you haven't already.

Clay, if you refer to post #47 of this thread you can see where I stated anybody who has raced THS in the past and who plans on racing it again in 2013 has a vote. I am very aware of how Xtsm and Tso do their voting and feel their system is good but not perfect by any means. One example I will give is that under those systems racers who have raced the class but have no intentions of racing it again or don't even have a car for the class any longer can still vote and change things for the people still involved in the class. Thus why I said plan to race the class in 2013 to qualify to vote. I got your pm also and think I covered most of it here.

Take care, Kip

Clay, if you refer to post #47 of this thread you can see where I stated anybody who has raced THS in the past and who plans on racing it again in 2013 has a vote. I am very aware of how Xtsm and Tso do their voting and feel their system is good but not perfect by any means. One example I will give is that under those systems racers who have raced the class but have no intentions of racing it again or don't even have a car for the class any longer can still vote and change things for the people still involved in the class. Thus why I said plan to race the class in 2013 to qualify to vote. I got your pm also and think I covered most of it here.

Take care, Kip
Didn't hear about valve covers?
Thanks

looking for final rules...Norwalk is in few months plus I would like to post them on BPG site

looking for final rules...Norwalk is in few months plus I would like to post them on BPG site

As you can see we are working on that now. I hope we can have the 2013 stuff up over this coming weekend.

Take care, Kip

Didn't hear about valve covers?
Thanks

I did not get your emails and other pm from yesterday until this morning or I could have covered that in the above post. I will be glad to call Champion about the valve covers for you. I will need your new address emailed to me as I know you have moved since the last time I sent you parts .

Thanks, Kip

OK folks the voting is closed.
There has been some questions raised about a couple of the voters, so let clear it up here.

jimmag- Have you ever raced THS in the past? If not your vote does not get counted as the rules vote were only open to those who raced THS in the past and plan on racing it in 2013. A person has to meet both parts.

SloGN- Do you plan to race THS in 2013? It was brought up that you raced other classes at BG and the person felt you moved away from THS. If you do plan to race in 2013 maybe name the race you plan on doing it at to make those who are worried about it feel better.

Thanks, Kip