THS rules discussion for 2013

I'd like to see a glass hood . I have both a factory hood and a glass cowl induction,
so when I went to Bowling Green I changed hoods It would be nice to be able to the leave cowl hood on.(blew rear on first run ,how'ed that hood change work for me) The tubbed rear is my big question that is really up in the air .I tubbed it to run 325's now I use 275 's so the tub doesn't do anything but technically It knocks me out of the class.Next year I might even get to compete if nothing breaks so I would like to clear it up. On a non selfish issue I'm ok with exhaust ,heater box and wouldn't mind F/G trunk lid with weight limits being met . Jim Maguire

I wouldn't have issue with exhaust but I wnted 4 inch and was told no
Argued it
Again no

Then I had it done in 3.5 as I had no choice
While we're at it I have a new t400 I'm not using
I like to change a lot of stuff but man it's gets to be a mess when all his comes up

Most of us had to change stuff to race this class

As far as hot air and AC I don't care either way
I want mine out cause I change plugs every other pass and the damn thing make me burn hands on back plugs cause space is tight

Why don't we do away with AC altogether?

I don't think it's too much to ask others to change to fit the class

Argued it
Again no

I like to change a lot of stuff but man it's gets to be a mess when all his comes up

I want mine out cause I change plugs every other pass and the damn thing make me burn hands on back plugs cause space is tight

This statement confused me? Are you for or against the requested changes?
I say no to 400s, keep AC, and don't care if one uses a single 4" exhaust with a 3.5" DP

I really don't have a dog in this fight... but I would have liked to have seen H covers allowed and reduce the exhaust side of the turbo to 65mm max (maybe even 62mm). This would slow the class down and give some guys a fighting chance. A true low 10 second class would probably bring more guys out to play.

I really don't have a dog in this fight... but I would have liked to have seen H covers allowed and reduce the exhaust side of the turbo to 65mm max (maybe even 62mm). This would slow the class down and give some guys a fighting chance. A true low 10 second class would probably bring more guys out to play.

You say slower class but want an h cover.

Exhaust side is harder to tech, typically it's much easier to pull off an intake hose than a downpipe.

Personally I'd like to see no rules changes. If you were to make any changes(based on above statements)I'd be ok for fiberglass hood as long as its stock appearing.

I got the H-cover turbo before this class was ever started..but even so, the power is in the exhaust side. I'd put money on that any day.

Kevin B has shown you can go in the 9's with a 3" in 2" out. No need for the "H"

You say slower class but want an h cover.

Exhaust side is harder to tech, typically it's much easier to pull off an intake hose than a downpipe.
Agreed, Even if you only could use a .63 housing and kick out the .81 and .85 it would be hard to police the ones that with covers, heat wraps, coatings, etc.
There are not too many 9 second THS cars and at times they have issues getting down the track which opens the door for the to get knocked out early

This statement confused me? Are you for or against the requested changes?
I say no to 400s, keep AC, and don't care if one uses a single 4" exhaust with a 3.5" DP

Read first post
Said no changes

But if we're gonna change stuff that's already been decided no and we all had to conform to it then lets change everything
Of course then it wouldn't be THS
Being sarcastic in a way
I'd rather not change as said before but if rules get reversed then I guess I'd put a better tranny, bigger turbo, lower the weight, remove AC, 9 inch rear but wait isn't that xTSM?

Most if stuff mentioned had already been hashed out and done had to change cars to conform
To rules

To change it now after we were all told no is slap in face
If was gonna change then kip should have allowed first place

As for 3 by 2 covers I thought we all had those so not sure how Kevin b proved anything not already done
Point is most new people will need to change at least one thing on their car to race just like we all did

The covers do make a difference
I have 3 turbos and 6 different covers
Cars been to dyno 10 to 15 times with 3 different engines and 5 different camshafts

I've dynoed every cover and with and without air filter
St low to moderate boost none of it matters
Above that everything matters and has a synergistic effect

I love the ported 4 by 3 if nothing else it sounds bad azz and looks cool not to mention power gains
As far as exhaust wheels we changes those out using different turbos and it all depends on combo and boost
Larger did not always make more power and spool up changes quite a bit

I guess I don't care what's changed
Moneys tight for everyone and if people can't change stuff and want to play that's ok
I just get pissed off when I'm told no then someone else asks and seems like ok let's do this

I'm not putting any money into mine so its staying as is
I wanted to sell it until I saw a stage 2 nice car not bringing 20 k
Nothing is worth anything right now except ar15s, high capacity pistols and ammo!!

The covers do make a difference
I have 3 turbos and 6 different covers
Cars been to dyno 10 to 15 times with 3 different engines and 5 different camshafts

I've dynoed every cover and with and without air filter
St low to moderate boost none of it matters
Above that everything matters and has a synergistic effect

I love the ported 4 by 3 if nothing else it sounds bad azz and looks cool not to mention power gains
As far as exhaust wheels we changes those out using different turbos and it all depends on combo and boost
Larger did not always make more power and spool up changes quite a bit

I guess I don't care what's changed
Moneys tight for everyone and if people can't change stuff and want to play that's ok
I just get pissed off when I'm told no then someone else asks and seems like ok let's do this

I'm not putting any money into mine so its staying as is
I wanted to sell it until I saw a stage 2 nice car not bringing 20 k
Nothing is worth anything right now except ar15s, high capacity pistols and ammo!!

Ok, gotcha!

Read first post
Said no changes

But if we're gonna change stuff that's already been decided no and we all had to conform to it then lets change everything
Of course then it wouldn't be THS
Being sarcastic in a way
I'd rather not change as said before but if rules get reversed then I guess I'd put a better tranny, bigger turbo, lower the weight, remove AC, 9 inch rear but wait isn't that xTSM?

Most if stuff mentioned had already been hashed out and done had to change cars to conform
To rules

To change it now after we were all told no is slap in face
If was gonna change then kip should have allowed first place

As for 3 by 2 covers I thought we all had those so not sure how Kevin b proved anything not already done
Point is most new people will need to change at least one thing on their car to race just like we all did
Thanks Doc, I wanted to say the same thing but it was to much typing. :)

Glass Hood is not a performance enhancement. Does allow a little weight of the front of the car. There are many THS type cars that have glass hoods maybe someone in that group would race if allowed. Most that replace a hood use a glass hood it seems. There is at least one THS racer that changes hoods for events 2 when I am included next year. We have established weights that need to be met with no exception. I think its a logical addition to consider. Last year it had a shot and one racer started whining over not getting his way on a spring change and single handed killed it. Looks like no one has an issue with the glass hood except maybe Ernie. No on H-covers. I personally dont care for the 3x2 turbo but understand teching the the H-Cover becomes a nightmare. The H-Cover also brings even more power to a fast class, So makes no sense to allow a change on the turbo. I also hate to work around the AC box but it separates the class from some of the other classes. I say AC box Stays for 86/87 cars. Hot Air cars can have heater box factory or aftermarket IMO.

Argued it
Again no

This is the kind of issue I did not want to happen. This guy asked for the 4 inch exhaust and was denied. He argued and was still denied. He then had to have a custom 3.5 installed so he could compete. I do not want a change considered if it has already been brought up and over ruled. If I had brought up something that was never confronted before and then it was voted on...no biggie. There may be others who chose a system to fit in the class over what they really wanted. There may be others who will compete if the change is made. I will only really be able to compete at 1 event and with Norwalk being so early this year, I can not say for sure that my builder will be done with my engine in time to get it race ready. I would hate for Detomaso71 to have altered his build, against his wishes, and then a year or two later have it changed. I understand that things change, for better or worse, but I do have the choice of running TAI, so the exhaust rule can stay unchanged. Thats my honest thought on it. I am out to wrinkle no ones feathers as I only asked so I could help out car count at the events. When I purchase another truck and trailer...more events will be possible. I drive my car to Norwalk (320 miles round trip) and to Columbus for BPG (700 miles round trip).

Thanks
Donnie

Again per my last post I dont care what changes
I'm ok with whatever

I prob only go to one race a year with my schedule anyways
Ill let the guys that are more dedicated and consistent decide what they want

What about adding some weight breaks, like -50 for SLIC, or -50 for 17+ wheels, -50 for A/C and stereo that actually works :)

For the glass hood, I have a steel one and still have to add 180#'s to make weight even with a full tank of pump 93.

No change is fine with me too.

I had fun the races I've been in, Reynolds 2010-2011 and BG 2011-2012.

Allow 4 inch is fine with me. I don't have one and I'm not changing to it either. As far as the glass hood, it should be allowed as long as stock appearing. No reason to eliminate people on that reason alone. Those were the only ones I read so far.

I think that iron headed cars need a larger weight break of 50 more pounds.

Happy New Year Everyone....