This thing smokes under full boost only

Take the turbo off the car and run it.see if it smokes

Mr. Spool asks you to do this for reason, he's done asked you to do it twice, now.

Perhaps you should reach out to him privately and ask why.....

He knows some stuff........... or, in your case, he doesn't....... maybe. What the fuck are you waiting for?

Last edited:
Mr. Spool asks you to do this for reason, he's done asked you to do it twice, now.

Perhaps you should reach out to him privately and ask why.....

He knows some stuff........... or, in your case, he doesn't....... maybe. What the fuck are you waiting for?

Sorry, I really didn't mean to be harsh, but........ Take advantage of the great resources available to you here. Especially the guys who have seen and tried most all of it already.

Ergo my letting Lou Czarnota work on my junk. all day, everyday.

I'm pretty good, but I'm a novice when it comes down to it, and I acquiesce to Lou's deep and extensive knowledge every time. And, as said in my signature, Nick is always there for tuning, too.

Jus' sayin'.........

Last edited:
Sorry, I really didn't mean to be harsh, but........ Take advantage of the great resources available to you here. Especially the guys who have seen and tried most all of it already.

Ergo my letting Lou Czarnota work on my junk. all day, everyday.

I'm good, but I'm a novice, and I acquiesce to Lou's deep and extensive knowledge every time. And as said in my signature, Nick is always there for tuning, too.

Jus' sayin'.........

I get it. I asked him a follow up question and am awaiting his response.

In the meantime I found another issue that needs to be fixed regardless and may be related.

Might as well tackle that one in the meantime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should I actually drive it around the block and give it WOT? It only happens when I’m at WOT.

Not wot just run it,if it still smokes it cant be the turbo
Should I actually drive it around the block and give it WOT? It only happens when I’m at WOT.

no wot unless you want to,shouldnt need too just drive it you can give it some throttle,if it stops smoking you have your answer,if it still smokes it cant be the turbo.

that is one dream I cannot catch
little trick used on my friends twin turbo car back in the day when the pte units liked to smoke even after a refresh.he will for sure get an answer to me thats not dream catching.but opinions vary

Not wot just run it,if it still smokes it cant be the turbo

no wot unless you want to,shouldnt need too just drive it you can give it some throttle,if it stops smoking you have your answer,if it still smokes it cant be the turbo.

Thank you, that helps. Last questions on this (for now):

What do I do with the turbo feed and return lines? Seems like it would get messy. Any recommendations?

When you say remove completely pull it out of the car or just unbolt it and move it from the intercooler and downpipe?

Thank you, that helps. Last questions on this (for now):

What do I do with the turbo feed and return lines? Seems like it would get messy. Any recommendations?

When you say remove completely pull it out of the car or just unbolt it and move it from the intercooler and downpipe?

remove the turbo off the car,plug the return line.1st i would try to leave the hood open and rev it up look for the smoke then while its parked.

remove the turbo off the car,plug the return line.1st i would try to leave the hood open and rev it up look for the smoke then while its parked.

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot. I’m going to get these valve cover gaskets changed out first to avoid any false positives.

little trick used on my friends twin turbo car back in the day when the pte units liked to smoke even after a refresh.he will for sure get an answer to me thats not dream catching.but opinions vary
reason for my comment is ..how will removing the turbo help with the question of why it only smokes at WOT under boost ...if you remove the turbo you will only duplicate an idle situation or without boost situation.....

reason for my comment is ..how will removing the turbo help with the question of why it only smokes at WOT under boost ...if you remove the turbo you will only duplicate an idle situation or without boost situation.....
That's what I was thinking as well.

keep thinking just read my post to op cant explain it better
Not going to duck up this thread and was merely wondering how he would go WOT to duplicate the WOT smoke condition without a turbo. Idle, yes sure. I can't phrase the question any simpler.

Not going to duck up this thread and was merely wondering how he would go WOT to duplicate the WOT smoke condition without a turbo. Idle, yes sure. I can't phrase the question any simpler.
if he wants to not move the car and take it throught the rpm range to wot in neural he can, or he has the option of driving it and going through any rpm range he wants without the turbo.

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot. I’m going to get these valve cover gaskets changed out first to avoid any false positives.

Dont forget also about trying a different turbo if you have access to one.

wrong you can take the motor all through the rpm range at if you want wiothout even moving the car.idle is a 1100 and under rpm situation.
If there is a mechanical issue that only manifests itself under high cylinder pressure, or intake pressure, running without the turbo won't duplicate that.

But hey, let's not resort to childishness and agree to disagree. The owner can decide what he thinks works.

How did this thread turn into a debate of who is more right [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Replace balance cover gaskets as mentioned. Borrow a turbo and install it..... test in the same boost conditions. Let us all know if it fixed itself.

Been there done that before. [emoji3061]