Think twice about going for the skinny look with Billet Specialties

Yikes! That doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I like those to. I can see it possibly happening to one but both...:eek: So much fot streetable rims. Maybe you got a bad batch the first time around?

Wow :eek: i've never seen anything like that in all my years of racing , if you could watch that happen I wonder is it like an explosion or what . I'm curious to hear what the manufacturer said about this , and like what was said above God forbid this happens 100 plus mph going down the track :eek:

Wow :eek: i've never seen anything like that in all my years of racing , if you could watch that happen I wonder is it like an explosion or what . I'm curious to hear what the manufacturer said about this , and like what was said above God forbid this happens 100 plus mph going down the track :eek:

You can say that again....:D

I am almost ready to buy them for my Mazda.. I am goin with 15X7s an 15X 10s .. that really doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling either.. The one thing about the net is word gets around quick!!! I had Weld pro stars break on me.. 15X5s from what I remember .. Weld didn't do a damm thing :mad: .. keep us informed what happeneds and what they say :frown:

They would be off of my car and fast.....:mad:

Even if they make it all good I would need some assurance and explanation.

15 by 3.5 if i remember right. Yeah in a perfect day theyd replace both fronts with 15 by 5. That would make me happy. Im just disappointed this time. The car hasnt been running right was looking forward to make a pass and then I look down and see that. Tack on another week+ of downtime. Ill keep this one going once I get off the phone with both Billet and Jegs. Its bull****:mad:

Adam, the car is still the same we replaced the coil and module and it made it better but no fix. After the new one it just starts breaking up at 5300 instead of 4000 like it was. I THINK its the ignition we will soon find out.

The first time it happened I wasnt out there and it was flat.

Today I backed the car out to be washed and I noticed it. It was still holding air. Lip of the tire was sticking through the crack. My guess is its a slow leak once the rim cracks. I bet going down the track its an explosion if you could hear it through slamming the wall.

Wow, that is real scary, have never seen anything like that before. Been playing around with custom wheels for almost 40 years and worst I have ever seen is excessive runout on Weld Draglites.

Never had ProStars crack like Grumpy and was running them on my pro street Chevelle that saw MANY street miles, many trips down to Maple Grove Super Chevy shows in PA from CT as well as trips up to Epping NH.

Was going to get on the bandwagon with a set of these as well but decided not to as they seem to be the new TT2 wheels, everyone is running them.:smile: I was one of the first running TT2's on a TR and remember getting nasty emails that they looked like crap on my GN.:rolleyes:

Keep us posted on what happens.

WOW
I couldn’t live with that brand of wheels on my car. I mean they look great but I just could not bring my self to trust them again especially after the second one. I take risks on some things on my car but never on Front end, brakes, tires and in this case wheels.
Good luck dude.

That is not good....glad you didn't get in an accident with those. I thought about getting those wheels but now I'm not so sure. Thanks for the heads up.

I think I'll stick with my Centerline Telstars.;)

ya I have 3 "cool guy" hose racks.. :eek: :p I am curious as what they have to say about the wheels.. I really liked them :redface:

Attachments

• weldwall.JPG
    weldwall.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 953
I liked those Billet Specialties myself, was about to go with those (15s) to fit over the LS1 brakes I have on the car and to mount my slicks and skinnies on.
I ended up going with Centerline's new wheel Center Line Wheels (cost less than the BS wheels as well)
Got the fronts in, 15 X 4, and they fit :D over the brakes, no problems. Waiting on the rears to come in and I'll post some pics.
Here are the other styles they have for '09: Centerline Wheels I dealt directly with Centerline and they where real cool to deal with.
HTH
Todd

This scared me ...So I emailed Billet Specialties-see respone

Here is there respone when I sent them this web loink and picture of the rim

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Billet Specialties and our products.

I can assure you there is no problem/issue with our Street Lite line wheels, nor does any other wheel that we manf.

We warranty all of our wheels for three(3) years from manf. defects and so on. If a customer has a damaged product we will gladly bring the wheel in and see if it has been caused by a warrantly/manf. issue or by neglect on the owners part. In a racing environment, wheels go thru tremendous forces both on launch and on decel.

Our Street Lite line of wheels carry a SFI 15.1 approval, which means that this wheel has undergone testing to be sure the wheel is good for both street as well as high horsepower cars at the track. This doesn’t mean that if you do a 4 foot wheel stand and then let off the gas the wheel will survive.

Thanks,

Joe Caccavella

Inside Sales / Tech Support

Billet Specialties, Inc.

P: 708.588.0505 X 135

F: 708.588.7181

E: JCaccavella@BilletSpecialtiescom

Shop Online @ Billet Specialties