The Only 3300 lb. Buick V6 in the 8s using...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fryguy said:
All I need to know about you I've learned from your idiotic posts in this thread...

... and yet you haven't had any decent responses to these alleged idiotic posts, have you? Backpressure? If a turbo is making 30-psi at a cool air temperature, then backpressure obviously isn't a problem, whatever it's size, so stop harping on that. Way too many variables for a particular setup, so you can't just point towards Tony's setup with your thumb in your mouth and try to baby everyone with your completely flawed logic. If anyone here is bench and/or PC racing it is you, trust me.

If a turbo is making 30-psi at a cool air temperature, then backpressure obviously isn't a problem

You just did it again Mr. Keyboard Jockey! Keep it up, it's fun! Maybe we can make a highlights reel with your procharger "one size fits all" and great posts like this. You're the man! :D

Flypaper. Quit being an annoyance and answer my questions. (said in the manner that a mother would say to her toddler)

Please show us a glimmer of hope that you understand even a tiny bit of what we've been trying to discuss in this thread. Go ahead. You can do it. I'm rooting for you. Take that Vanilla shake by the double straws, take a big swig, and answer those questions. We are all anxiously waiting for the "Lighting of the Great Bulb". (said in a slow, deep, echoey voice,... tee hee) :D

Fryguy said:
You just did it again Mr. Keyboard Jockey!

Did what? Do you even know what you yourself are talking about lmao? Perhaps your waiting for Dusty to comeback so that he can explain it all over again, so that you can steal his quote like the Hamburglar would because you don't know how to explain the logic behind backpressure yourself, not to mention know anything about boost in general lmao. What are the drawbacks to too much backpressure there Ronald, could you at least answer that question for the thread, or is that too difficult? Perhaps the answer is on one of those peel off thingy's on the large soft drinks, so why don't you go and check it out and we'll wait for ya.

[video=youtube;6J-uJGvNzmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J-uJGvNzmQ[/video]

Flypaper. Quit being an annoyance and answer my questions.

Hey Don, whats up man. Love your post as usuall and the car. its been a while since I posted, since Fear has been going through a little rebuild. But you will get where you want to go, just keep moving forward. Running 8.50's with 29#'s in fear and G trip Thumper still 91.5 precission was cool, but running the 100 shot to spool it and get told I cant run certian events here in texas with two power adders has moved me away from the 91.5 g trim with a 1.23 AR I beleive. I have officially traded it in, and having a nicely build 88mm being made just for fear from a local place around the racing scene in my part of the country. Im excited to finally get a turbo matched perfectly for the car, that I know will win me some races and not have to worry about the NOS as much. The spoolability is going to be rediculous with the new turbo and a 1.08 AR i beleive is what my tuner and turbo guy feel are best for its 276 cub's. I will now be able to run two classes. Cheap street in the clash of the titans and true 10.5. Cheap street takes 8.50's to win and true 10.5 takes consistant 8.0's to 8.15's with the record being 7.78 in the class. I will get in touch with you and give you feed back ok. Keep up the work big guy, its your passion, so dont lose it.

Street Lethal said:
What are the drawbacks to too much backpressure there Ronald, could you at least answer that question for the thread, or is that too difficult?

Come on FryGuy, now you have my attention, answer the question. Go cut and paste something from the internet about backpressure, go ahead, and I will wait for it. Pages and pages of incoherent babble from you, and you've yet to clarify anything in terms of superchargers and turbo chargers. You need to call a "tech" for information regarding centrifugal superchargers because you clearly know nothing about them yourself (which was hilarious), and now you readily wait for one of the member's on this board to share their knowledge because you don't have any. Go ahead, give Cotton a call, or shoot him a personal message and ask him, then you can paraphrase what he says while proclaiming it your own lol. You are a complete tool, and this thread is a nightmare for you isn't it...

[video=youtube;MGnwVJy0Q4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGnwVJy0Q4c[/video]

Come on FryGuy, time is of the essence here...

[video=youtube;0Wi8Fv0AJA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4[/video]

Quint. The new setup sounds like the ticket. Good luck to you. I look forward to the feedback. Thanks!

Come on FryGuy, now you have my attention, answer the question. Go cut and paste something from the internet about backpressure, go ahead, and I will wait for it. Pages and pages of incoherent babble from you, and you've yet to clarify anything in terms of superchargers and turbo chargers. You need to call a "tech" for information regarding centrifugal superchargers because you clearly know nothing about them yourself (which was hilarious), and now you readily wait for one of the member's on this board to share their knowledge because you don't have any. Go ahead, give Cotton a call, or shoot him a personal message and ask him, then you can paraphrase what he says while proclaiming it your own lol. You are a complete tool, and this thread is a nightmare for you isn't it...

LOL! I must have really struck a nerve didn't I? If anything I post is incoherent, it's because you are a moron, and have no idea what you're talking about.

I posted exactly what I knew about superchargers and sizing them, you disagreed, made a stupid post, and I refuted that by getting information from tech support because you didn't believe what I said. I made you look stupid.

You also posted some stupid **** about the boost number being irrelevant, and I replied and tried to explain why it wasn't, that's when we got into the compressor maps. I'm fairly certain you learned from that post LOL. This is all from my experience.

Now you want to act like you know about backpressure. You're completely retarded. I've learned something about backpressure, and especially as it pertains to the 47/88, as I ran this turbo many times and on a few different engines. Even on a little 360, the 47/88 can choke the combination due to backpressure, even if the boost is ice cold and the car is making power. That turbo is limited by it's turbine size(backpressure). The power is limited and it can create gasket issues. This is from MY experience with this turbo as well as NMRA radial cars which also ran that turbo for a while. The supras do much better because the engine is smaller.

The 47/88 turbine that Tony Gomes runs is more restrictive than the turbine on the 91 that Don runs, that's all I said.

I'm kinda busy right now, but I'm going to repost the procharger post in a second, that one was classic LOL :D :D :D

It is like comparing superchargers, an F3 Procharger is way more efficient than a D1, but then you'll have guys saying that a D1 is more suited for engines making x amount of horsepower and it's better on the street, which is nonsense. Guys now are running turbo wastegates on the intake tract of their centrifugal supercharger setups so they can control the amount of boost being applied (as opposed to relying on pulley size), then stuffing the largest supercharger that they can get on there and pullying it up. Doing that both maximizes and controls that power throughout, making the whole menu on Procharger's website of varying compressor setups being completely irrelavent, which is why you will never see them come out with a wastegate for a supercharger, because then you would only see one type of supercharger being sold, the biggest one....

LOL!!!

prove to me factually that a bigger/pullied supercharger running a wastegate on the cold side of the intake wouldn't make more boost earlier, more boost in between, as well a more boost later in the rpm band with a wastegate controlling psi. I am more then willing to have a conversation about this because i know two guys that have done that, one with an f3, and one with a ysi, and they average way more than anything smaller could ever produce...

the wastegate is not relevant in an application where a drag car is properly set up to take as much as the blower will put out and and get down the track in the limited rpm that the car runs in. In this application you'd think you would have a better chance of being correct, but you're not. There are plenty of 7 second small block cars out there that will slow down when adding a big f3 over an f2. As i said in my previous post on this topic, it's due to a number of things, rotating mass being one of them. Your great wastegate idea doesn't seem to take into consideration the amount of power it takes to turn a large blower, which is a lot.

oh my goodness, are you serious? Exactly how much more resistance do you think applies there...?

i see the same thing here, very often. The compressor wheels are huge. An f3 can be anywhere from 123mm to 139mm. A small block will run faster with a 123mm than it will with a 139mm because of parasitic drag. The 139mm is just too big for a small block. Also the larger the engine, the more hp the car will put to the tires with the same 139mm. A 565ci with a 139 can not compete with a 706ci with a 139. That's why it's so hard to keep the blower rules fair for everyone. They aren't like a turbo engine where a small block and big block can make near the same power with 88's.

just for laughs i copied and pasted this post and sent it to procharger tech support. I thought for sure the response would be hilarious. Here it is, verbatim from their tech department:

"the person that posted that has no clue what they're talking about. How much
sense does it make to put a blower that takes 500-600 hp just to spin on a
300 hp engine? Your car would be slower than it was before the blower was
added. People do install blow-off valves to control boost, but in order not
to hit a point of diminishing gains, they still start off with an
appropriately sized blower. "

street lethal keyboard racing, you are a fountain of knowledge :)

hahhahaha :D :D

I guess that's a FAIL for flypaper. All he had to do was answer a few questions. Maybe it was too many questions at once. We may have flustered him. Let's step back and try something different. Hmmm.... Let's try one question at a time. First question, flynut;

Do you know anything about Buick V6 Stage II heads?

I guess that's a FAIL for flypaper. All he had to do was answer a few questions. Maybe it was too many questions at once. We may have flustered him. Let's step back and try something different. Let's try one question at a time. First question, flynut;

Do you know anything about Buick V6 Stage II heads?

Enough of this nonsense anyhow, I'm tired of going back and forth with you. I've made my point repeatedly.

Doesn't have to be anything complicated. Let's start out with a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer.

Come on, now. You can do it. I can feel the answer swelling in your gut. Just let it out.

I think he's off to do some research, fellas.
Boy,... is he going to feel like a holiday fruit cake.

Fryguy said:
I must have really struck a nerve didn't I?

No nerve struck, you are just an empty waste of space taking up bandwidth. Again this response has nothing to say in terms of backpressure and that is because you have no clue what you are talking about lmao! Yes, bravo for Tony for running faster than Don with more of a setup than his! Bravo for Smokey for running faster than Don with a SBC lmao! You are absolutely clueless, and although I promised John in advance, making fun of you is just too easy and I can't help myself lol. By any chance, are you back on that ceramic train in the kids section on your lunchbreak again? Give it a little "whoo whoo" for me, will ya lmao...

Fryguy said:
If anything I post is incoherent, it's because you are a moron, and have no idea what you're talking about...

Irrelevant, answer the question...

Fryguy said:
I posted exactly what I knew about superchargers and sizing them, you disagreed, made a stupid post, and I refuted that by getting information from tech support because you didn't believe what I said. I made you look stupid...

On the contrary, you made yourself look stupid because you consulted a five dollar an hour tech, from, Procharger was it lol? You know nothing about superchargers, you never explored installing a wastegate on one, you just jibber jabber your way through this whole entire thread, and what is completely mind boggling is the fact that you are still here, with nothing to say or add. It is like you have this love affair with Don...

Fryguy said:
You also posted some stupid **** about the boost number being irrelevant, and I replied and tried to explain why it wasn't, that's when we got into the compressor maps....

You explained nothing, and you didn't "get into" compressor maps, you got lost in your own pathetic argument then relied on Dusty to put things back into perspective for you. Try again. Also, where is your response about backpressure...?

Fryguy said:
I'm fairly certain you learned from that post LOL. This is all from my experience...

The only thing I asked and learned from you was about the McRib Still waiting on the backpressure response...

Fryguy said:
Now you want to act like you know about backpressure. You're completely retarded. I've learned something about backpressure, and especially as it pertains to the 47/88, as I ran this turbo many times and on a few different engines....

More jibber jabber, why not cut to the chase...

Fryguy said:
Even on a little 360, the 47/88 can choke the combination due to backpressure...

The 47/88 is rated at 1500 horsepower as per Dusty hismself...

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/158085-gt-47-88-a.html

Not to mention we're discussing V6's. Now who is the moron, Burger Boy...

Fryguy said:
... even if the boost is ice cold and the car is making power. That turbo is limited by it's turbine size (backpressure).

Nonsense! If the turbo is able to achieve 30-psi in the first place, with air temps being "ice cold", then backpressure isn't an issue whatsoever. Backpressure causes high EGTm effecting air temps, so if air temps are "ice cold" you won't have any detrimental backpressure. Try again...

Fryguy said:
The power is limited and it can create gasket issues....

Too funny lol!

Fryguy said:
This is from MY experience with this turbo...

... yet you speak of it from Tony's perspective, and imply that it is "too small" for his setup as compared to Don? When will you understand that Don's turbo is TOO BIG for his setup, and he has PLENTY left in it. Try again.

Fryguy said:
The supras do much better because the engine is smaller....

This is a Buick V6 site, what the hell are you talking about lmao? You CLEARLY were speaking on behalf of Tony's setup above running faster than Don with a "smaller" turbo, "not" your 360 or any other V8, so stick with the program will you and try to stay on topic...

Fryguy said:
The 47/88 turbine that Tony Gomes runs is more restrictive than the turbine on the 91 that Don runs, that's all I said....

How could you possibly say that without knowing the cam specs on the exhaust side on Tony's setup lol?

Fryguy said:
I'm kinda busy right now...

Could have fooled everyone here, because your constantly posting in this thread lmao! Busy? How? Was there a spill in the children's section lol...

No nerve struck, you are just an empty waste of space taking up bandwidth. Again this response has nothing to say in terms of backpressure and that is because you have no clue what you are talking about lmao! Yes, bravo for Tony for running faster than Don with more of a setup than his! Bravo for Smokey for running faster than Don with a SBC lmao! You are absolutely clueless, and although I promised John in advance, making fun of you is just too easy and I can't help myself lol. By any chance, are you back on that ceramic train in the kids section on your lunchbreak again? Give it a little "whoo whoo" for me, will ya lmao...

Could have fooled everyone here, because your constantly posting in this thread lmao! Busy? How? Was there a spill in the children's section lol...

You are too funny. I can show you logs of backpressure AND ACT, but just like a direct quote from a procharger engineer, that won't be proof enough for you LOL!

Why do you keep focusing on my job? Is that what keyboard racers do when they know they're trying to discuss something that they don't know anything about?

Let me just say this. If are that interested in my job, maybe I can put in a good word with my boss and hook you up? Maybe then you'll be able to step up from that trailer park third generation F-body that will never run again? LOL!!! :D :D :D :D

FryGuy said:
I'm going to repost the procharger post in a second...

Let's hear it, let's hear how the wastegate on the cold side of the supercharger will not allow you to run the largest centrifugual supercharger possible eliminating the need for the "right sized one" lol. Let's hear how "compressor maps" still come into play when it is ONLY a matter of boost coming in early, and lasting all the way through, albeit regulated! Why not invite that tech of yours into this thread as perhaps he can explain things, and I will invite the folks from the Turbo People, as well as the owner of that Mustang running the wastegate on his setup. Are you game, and no, I don't mean the McDonalds monopoly game...

I run a very small pully and the wastegate regulates the boost at 15 pounds on pump gas, when im on race gas and the wastegate is closed im running 21 pounds, I get 689 rwhp at 15 psi and 932 at 21psi on a STREET car- no quirks...

Picture018.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.