The Only 3300 lb. Buick V6 in the 8s using...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know, I'm now waiting for a Top Fueler to chime in soon and bash your car lol... :wink:

[video=youtube;E7Qnoz_HyK8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Qnoz_HyK8[/video]
Exactly!!!

I thought I was just competing against myself. It turns out I was competing against the entire racing community. LOL

No. I think you were brazenly bragging. Be a man and own it.

How could someone brag about owning a set of wheels LOL what would be the point of that? I may have been throwing a tiny jab in there because you had accidentally complimented my car, but it sure wasn't bragging. Enough of this nonsense anyhow, I'm tired of going back and forth with you. I've made my point repeatedly.

How could someone brag about owning a set of wheels LOL what would be the point of that? I may have been throwing a tiny jab in there because you had accidentally complimented my car, but it sure wasn't bragging. Enough of this nonsense anyhow, I'm tired of going back and forth with you. I've made my point repeatedly.
Nooo. Is it so? Are you really tired of making the same point over and over and over again? No. This can't be happening. Somebody slap me, I must be dreaming.

Don,

Your compared to a guy that owns his own speed shop and gave up on the Buick V6. - not impressed

Your harassed by a mustang guy that refuses to give us an idea of how fast his Buick is. - not impressed

I own my one shop I don't think so do it out of my house on the side. I'm a full time Toyota tech. Gave up on the V6 I say no I have hafe the money in the V8 than a V6.

Kenny Duttweiler is building me a TA engine right NOW!!!! for another car in the stable. so I have to say Know your FACTS

20111215_171422.jpg

And of you want a fast car here a tip put twins on it
birthday014.jpg

I guess then that the consensus is that low exhaust back pressure is the reason for the 25% jump in bhp switching from the old T76 Q trim to the FI91X (S510) turbo.
That's a switch from an exhaust-back-pressure to intake-boost-pressure ratio of 1.5-1.6:1 to .90:1.

I guess then that the consensus is that low exhaust back pressure is the reason for the 25% jump in bhp switching from the old T76 Q trim to the FI91X (S510) turbo.
That's a switch from an exhaust-back-pressure to intake-boost-pressure ratio of 1.5-1.6:1 to .90:1.

Why does the guy two posts above this (Tony Gomes) make WAY more power than you with a smaller turbo, which also has a smaller turbine (47/88) than you do? He clearly has more back-pressure, right professor?

Fryguy said:
Why does the guy two posts above this (Tony Gomes) make WAY more power than you with a smaller turbo, which also has a smaller turbine (47/88) than you do? He clearly has more back-pressure, right professor?

More cubic inch displacement equals more torque, as well as potentially more calculated horsrepower. He may have a smaller turbo, but if the air temps are equal at the same boost pressure level, he will make more power with more cubic inch displacement. As far as his backpressure is concerned, Tony would need to delve into any possible work to the exhaust housing or not, not to mention his cam specs on the exhaust side...

More cubic inch displacement equals more torque, as well as potentially more calculated horsrepower. He may have a smaller turbo, but if the air temps are equal at the same boost pressure level, he will make more power with more cubic inch displacement. As far as his backpressure is concerned, Tony would need to delve into any possible work to the exhaust housing or not, not to mention his cam specs on the exhaust side...

First, nobody said anything about boost pressure or air temps. Secondly, work done to the exhaust housing or not, the 47/88 has a puny turbine wheel that is notoriously restrictive for the amount of power the turbo makes.

I'm tired of saying the same thing, so I won't say it again. If you don't see the point I'm making then there's no use :)

Hope your keyboard runs well this summer!

The horsepower potential of a long block will depend mainly on the breathing potential of the heads being used. As I've already mentioned, Kenny D. puts the hp limit of M&A heads at 1200. The hp limit for Stage II heads are at 1800+?

What heads are in Tony's car?

OMG! It drives me crazy to think that there are people out there that think the size of the turbo should be THE deciding factor as to how much horsepower a long block should produce. GOOD GRIEF!!!

Flypaper. If Tony were to put my set of heads on his engine and use the same turbo he's using now, would he still go as fast as he is?

Flypaper. If Tony were to use my turbo with his heads, assuming he could spool it without nitrous, would he go faster, or slower?

Fryguy said:
First, nobody said anything about boost pressure or air temps....

Then you simply don't understand how turbo's work, not to mention are greatly confused. I think it is safe to say that Tony is running larger intake valves, and a smaller turbo will make more power than a bigger one at the same boost level if the air temps are the same, with larger valves and more cubes. I am shocked that you don't know that Mr. Supercharger...

Fryguy said:
Secondly, work done to the exhaust housing or not, the 47/88 has a puny turbine wheel that is notoriously restrictive for the amount of power the turbo makes....

That is irrelevant without knowing Tony's setup...

Fryguy said:
I'm tired of saying the same thing, so I won't say it again. If you don't see the point I'm making then there's no use...

All I hear from you is a voiceless voice coming from an empty head... :tongue:

Flypaper. Do you even know what a Stage II head is?

Maybe Stage II heads aren't listed on that paper of his that describes the breathing potential of Buick V6 heads. ;) Good grief. All this time this Shmuck has been comparing my heads to Stage II heads. Holy cow. Oh well. Seriously, what more can you expect from a Ford Moosetang nut case.

Holy ****, you're both clueless. Don- Keep reaching for the stars, you're doing great.

Street Lethal Keyboard - You're making a great choice by not trying to actually race anything. Stick with the keyboard, it's WAY easier to talk about it than do it.....and you've already spewed so much misinformation in this thread that you won't have much luck at the track. Keep up the keyboard racing though, the most important thing is that you have fun! :D

PSDP.KeySpeedLogoLg.jpg

Fryguy said:
Street Lethal Keyboard. You're making a great choice by not trying to actually race anything. Stick with the keyboard, it's WAY easier to talk about it than do it...

That is the problem with you my friend, you make claims that are completely meaningless, not to mention far from factual. You make things up as you go, and any real turbo guru reading along would be scratching their heads at your claims. You point to Tony's engine combination making more power with less turbo WITHOUT even knowing his engine setup. You point to Don's accomplishment as being anything but, yet you have failed to show us, factually, with video or time slips, what you yourself have done with any of your cars. You imply that I don't actually race anything, when you don't even know me, while completely DODGING what I am calling you on. So, who here is really the keyboard wizard, Mr. BurgerBoy...?

Now go ahead, ask me if I would like some fries with my shake....
booty.gif

That's why you're really here, Flypaper. To learn more about Buick V6s. Well, first on the 'to do list' of things to research. STAGE II HEADS!!! In the Ford world, there is simply no comparison. That is why you keep showing us your ignorance.

That is the problem with you my friend, you make claims that are completely meaningless, not to mention far from factual. You make things up as you go, and any real turbo guru reading along would be scratching their heads at your claims. You point to Tony's engine combination making more power with less turbo WITHOUT even knowing his engine setup. You point to Don's accomplishment as being anything but, yet you have failed to show us, factually, with video or time slips, what you yourself have done with any of your cars. You imply that I don't actually race anything, when you don't even know me, while completely DODGING what I am calling you on. So, who here is really the keyboard wizard, Mr. BurgerBoy...?

Now go ahead, ask me if I would like some fries with my shake....
booty.gif

All I need to know about you I've learned from your idiotic posts in this thread :D

I think there's one of you on every forum ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.