The new look for Brutus.......

Those wheels are purdy!!! Now just need to drop that puppy about an inch, get rid of that wheel gap.

Thanks, that is the plan. If my vision pans out, there is a frame notch, a wider rear lip, a M&H 325 tire and complete coil over suspension in it's future. There will be no gap in that fender when it's done.

Had a chance to mount some tires on the fronts. Instead of the riding on rubber bands look. I opted for something with a bit more side wall so I don't feel every last bump on the road, so I mounted a set of 255/45/18 up front.

In the air

IMG_00000245_zpscc3dc468.jpg

on the floor

IMG_00000254_zps87893554.jpg

IMG_00000246_zps0a94c35a.jpg

IMG_00000250_zps0bdf2390.jpg

I love the look, but i think a 27" tall tire in the front is not going to work, as it's mm away from the inner fender. Gonna try a set of 245/40/18 next.

Too bad those wouldn't ever clear, Mike. I like the size of the tire, but thinking of the damage that would occur just driving it down the road without hitting any bumps is making me queezy!

all the pic of the new wheels are taken at wheel level, i sure from a standing position the tires would be tucked under the fender, why not raise the front 1"~1.5" maybe even 2" and see what it looks like? im sure that even raised 2" from a standing position it would still look slammed, and i think it would look better than with the low pro tires. plus how much clearance would you gain between the two tires?

BTW car looks bada$$

all the pic of the new wheels are taken at wheel level, i sure from a standing position the tires would be tucked under the fender, why not raise the front 1"~1.5" maybe even 2" and see what it looks like? im sure that even raised 2" from a standing position it would still look slammed, and i think it would look better than with the low pro tires. plus how much clearance would you gain between the two tires?

BTW car looks bada$$
I agree. IMO, The "beefy" side wall is a better look. Raising the front a little might be the ticket.

You're definitely gonna need to raise it up, or roll the fender lips. Try removing the inner fender bolts right along the top too. Those will chew the tires up quick. Ask me how I know. Lol. My car has eibach springs and taller ball joints with an 8" rim on the front. I had a 265 40 18 on there looked awesome. But rubbed really bad , so I grabbed some crap 235 40 s just to drive the car. From doin some research I am gonna either have to roll the lip in the fender well or cut a pocket out. Wheel offset back spacing plays a roll in this also. Joel

I am thinking I f''ed up.............. When I took these rims apart, I scribed them to make sure they went back together the same way I took them apart. Problem is my scribe marks were gone when I picked them up because they sand blasted them while prepping it. I have a feeling I bolted up the wrong centers. The back spacing is 4.4 and 4.7 (don't know which is which tho). If I had the other centers from the back rims on the car, it would position the wheels more inside the fender. The thought of disassembling them makes me sick. That took a long time to prep, torque and silicone each rim.

ttypewhite said:
I am thinking I f''ed up.............. When I took these rims apart, I scribed them to make sure they went back together the same way I took them apart. Problem is my scribe marks were gone when I picked them up because they sand blasted them while prepping it. I have a feeling I bolted up the wrong centers. The back spacing is 4.4 and 4.7 (don't know which is which tho). If I had the other centers from the back rims on the car, it would position the wheels more inside the fender. The thought of disassembling them makes me sick. That took a long time to prep, torque and silicone each rim.

Aww man, that sux. But look at the bright side, at least u can take em apart and u don't have to send em back to get resized right? I wish I had bought 3 piece wheels . When I bought my wheels I didn't take into account the extra offset I would need when adding the 12" ls1 brakes , plus I wish I had done a 9" wheel up front. Live and learn right ?

ttypewhite said:

4.7 is the rear

I am getting a set of 305/45/18's from a buddy this weekend and mount the rears and check out if I did in fact screw up on my placement of the centers. I sure as hell hope not. Is there any way that I can pull the wheel in the fender more by modifying something? Might be reaching but......why not ask? A modified fender and a set of GNX flares might also remedy this problem too if the backs fit well..............

Very Nice! White is great on these cars.

GNX fenders would look awesome!

Search gnx fender mods. X-ray has some of the schematics drawings of how they cut out the front fender wells. Was planning on doin this myself. I can't seem to post a link to it from my phone for some reason. Start on page 5. Fwiw I have 305/40-18 on my car 18x10 with 5" back spacing on a stock rear with ls1 brakes and you will def have to roll the lip. I'm gonna cut mine 1/4 way up the from the front to 1/4 way down the back. The ls1 brakes push the wheel out a 1/4" I believe. Although I am putting my 9" back in the car and hopefully the 12" wildwood brakes will bring the wheels in just alil more. Sorry for rambling. Lol. If u do run the 305/40 you will need to run a 40 series tire in the front or it will look kinda funny. Unless its slammed. Joel.

Tires way to small in front.

Attachments

• image-3593553824.jpg
    image-3593553824.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 310
  • image-1265280956.jpg
    image-1265280956.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 307
  • image-245242816.jpg
    image-245242816.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 314

Mike,

I am not sure this will help, but my Simmons have 4.32 backspacing on the front and 4.75 on the back. The biggest thing I notice when they are installed is the lug nuts are far in on the front wheels, and almost flush with the wheel on the rear. Looking at your picture, your front lug nut placement looks about the same as it does on my car.

If there are any measurements or pictures or I can send, please let me know.

Finally, Simmons wheels have serial numbers on them. If you have the original paper work, it should list the serial numbers for which wheel (my paperwork does). A call to Simmons or Group A Wheels might help you out, too.

Rob

Rob, thank you very much for your post, that helped me immensely. I do have the right centers on the right shells. I just measured the BS on the rears after reading your post and they are 4.7 and the fronts are 4.4. What a relief!!! The lug nut placement on the front and rears are as you described as well.

Mike,

I am not sure this will help, but my Simmons have 4.32 backspacing on the front and 4.75 on the back. The biggest thing I notice when they are installed is the lug nuts are far in on the front wheels, and almost flush with the wheel on the rear. Looking at your picture, your front lug nut placement looks about the same as it does on my car.

If there are any measurements or pictures or I can send, please let me know.

Finally, Simmons wheels have serial numbers on them. If you have the original paper work, it should list the serial numbers for which wheel (my paperwork does). A call to Simmons or Group A Wheels might help you out, too.

Rob