The new look for Brutus.......

ttypewhite

I finally got my hands on a mint set of Simmons Fr18 rims. I always wanted these but the stars never lined up so I can get them. Now it's time to put Brutus threw a make over.

IMG-20130105-00075.jpg

On the car......... It just doesn't cut it for me. I can see past the tires, because they are too low profile and not wide enough for my likens. But overall looks flat to me.
IMG-20120811-00332.jpg

IMG-20120811-00335.jpg

That's gonna change.......... Time to start the customization.

Time to go under the knife.

The tools
IMG-20130105-00076.jpg

remove the 35 nuts and bolts
IMG-20130105-00077.jpg

Mark em up so they go back the same way.
IMG-20130105-00078.jpg

out comes the exacto blade and start cutting the silicone off to separate the rims.
IMG-20130105-00079.jpg

All apart
IMG-20130105-00080.jpg

Time to powder coat these centers white.........
IMG-20130105-00081.jpg

Got my centers back yesterday and just test fit one to see how it looks
IMG_00000065_zps79231b52.jpg

Put the hardware back on
IMG_00000067_zpsc462924f.jpg

IMG_00000076_zps27bd3896.jpg

Put it on the car to see how it looks.
IMG_00000070_zps86e2496f.jpg

IMG_00000072_zpsef62c8fc.jpg

IMG_00000074_zps5d83f7ff.jpg

Much better. Gonna put together the fronts this week. The backs I am thinking of buying wider lips.
I have been in contact with a company that can do this for me. Right now they are 18"x9.5" for the rear.
I would like to see a 11" rear on the car with a huge back tire. I have to take some measurements and see
what I can get away with.

Right now the lips are 4.5" wide.
IMG-20130106-00083.jpg

Awesome Mike! Exactly what I wanted to do some day. Not sure what your motivation was, but I just felt like I've "been there done that" with the drag race style, time to try something different.
p.s. I'm still doing it, just with a Camaro now :)

Awesome Mike! Exactly what I wanted to do some day. Not sure what your motivation was, but I just felt like I've "been there done that" with the drag race style, time to try something different.
p.s. I'm still doing it, just with a Camaro now :)

Thanks Scott, I've always wanted that Pro touring look since I have had this car. My sig pic is really deceiving. The car only looks like this when I am at the track. On the street it has a totally different stance and look. The performance end of it is done for me, now its time to make it look the way I always envisioned it to look.

IMG-20120826-00369-1.jpg

Brutus is more like "Brutal"!!!
More like "The Wolf in sheeps color"
I loved the white GNX rims from day 1. I love the white T's best of all. My GN was second on my list of cars I looked at...first was an X-Ray clone.
It leaked out of the rear main faster then I could put oil in. Hindsight being 20/20...I wish I woulda bought it and caged it, stroked it, notched it...etc.

Your car is Tops Mike.
Awesome!
Take care,
Coach

Looks awesome!!! Your car is one of my favorites on this site... Cars stance looked great with the GTA wheels and tires. You nailed it with these rims for the pro touring look and ties in perfect with the polish and color change. What were the old wheel and tire sizes?

Very nice! Wanna sell the gta wheels? Car looks great, can't wait to get my stage motor in.

I'm going to hold on to my GTA rims, I like to have options.

Brutus is more like "Brutal"!!!
More like "The Wolf in sheeps color"
I loved the white GNX rims from day 1. I love the white T's best of all. My GN was second on my list of cars I looked at...first was an X-Ray clone.
It leaked out of the rear main faster then I could put oil in. Hindsight being 20/20...I wish I woulda bought it and caged it, stroked it, notched it...etc.

Your car is Tops Mike.
Awesome!
Take care,
Coach

Thank you Coach, I appreciate and humbled by the kind words.

Looks awesome!!! Your car is one of my favorites on this site... Cars stance looked great with the GTA wheels and tires. You nailed it with these rims for the pro touring look and ties in perfect with the polish and color change. What were the old wheel and tire sizes?

Thanks. The old set is pair of front GTA rims for the front, fitted with 245/50/16. The rears are courtesy of G-BodyParts. Brian did a fabulous job widening these with new shells to 16"x9.5" (not sure of the BS, Brian would know that info if you are interested in knowing) and they are fitted with 295/50/16 MT drag radials. No modifications were done to the frame. I did how ever put 1/4" spacers in the back to pull the rims out a bit for a better stance. My outer lip is rolled and the trim has been removed, but that was done far before I put these rims on the car. It was done for my 28"x10.5" slick. Without the spacer I am quite sure the fender does not need to be rolled to fit, and you still can keep the trim around it.

IMHO, those are the best aftermarket rim on a TB. Congrats on a nice choice. Interesting with the white centers too!

Pronto said:
IMHO, those are the best aftermarket rim on a TB. Congrats on a nice choice. Interesting with the white centers too!

Since Simmons wheels are so hard to come by ,have you checked out the ccw lm5 ? Almost identical as far as I can tell. I "was" thinking about it till mike messed it all up for me! LOL can't have 2 white t's with wheels like that LOL. Jus kidding. I might still go that route ,some day ,but ill be doin 18x9 in front and 18x11 out back... Car does look awesome mike!

Nice Mike. Which company did you find that can make new outer lips? I've thought about widening my Simmons a little too.

Rob

I could not find a set of Simmons rims so had to go with the CCW LM5. They are pretty close.
These look awesome! :cool:

Wow! That's some nice hot rodding right there. Nice to see someone really take a bolt on part and make it your own. Best of luck and much admiration. You have good vision and execution.