Thanks to SETurbo (Dana)

turbo todd

Yeah its a BUICK!!
Just wanted to tell yall about the problems I've been having with my car, and how Dana cured them.
I've had my car about 1 year now, and I've had this same problem about that long too. Busting up or backfiring under boost. I just came to the conclusion that it was valve springs. I had changed out everything else ( wires, plugs, coilpack, module, maf, chip, ect.) I called Dana at SETurbo and was talking to him about getting some valve springs. I went over what was happining and he said that yes with the miles that I have on my car that I should change them out. But, that it didnt sound like springs to him. (it was doing it at low rpms) He troubleshot it over the phone, asking all kinds of questions. o2's , kr, ect. He said coil pack breaking down. I said new one, he said ohm it. I told him what the meter said, and he said that sounds like one of those cheep after market types. I said yes. He told me about the new coilpack out (type 2 I think) Last 5 times as long and better spark. I said what the heck. This was thursday, I got it friday, put it on. UNREAL!!!!!! I can not make it bust up or backfire. Now the wife is mad, because I got to do something about the peg leg!!
Thanks Dana, you'f got my business from now on!! He was very nice on the phone , and was willing to share the know how!!

Hey Turbo Todd!!

Haven't seen your car when in WR. Do you drive it often? I'm in Macon (southside) but am in WR two afternoons per week. Good to know there is another LC2 running around these parts. Shoot me a PM and lets meet up and talk TR's. A good friend and neighbor of mine also has a TR- Rob Woodruff. WE4's are cool cars! Mine is a 87 Turbo-T but looks like a Limited on the outside w/chrome, cornering lights, heavy padded top, etc. Is my daily driver. Not too many of us here in Central GA.

Evans Ward
Macon, GA
87 Turbo-T
70 GS455

Evans Ward

I just started driving my honda again. But I use to drive it everyday. I still have to take it out every other day. (cant get enough). Yeah lets get together. Talk shop.

e-mail 4bookouts@cox.net
later.