th400 does it bolt right up to 3.8

a chevy pattern 400th won't but a BOP pattern will. make sure you get the short tailshaft trans. you WILL have to cut and rebalance ur driveshaft also.

Yep , really one of the easiest and best upgrades I ever did . IMO the car is WAY more fun to drive around town with the TH400 reverse manual .

I agree I have a TCI th400. With reverse manual valve body and transbrake. You need a new Tq converter and I would just have a new drive shaft made thick wall steel. You will also need a new shifter I blieve i have the quicksilver shifter from B&M fits where the stock one did. The rmps run high on the highway, but I dont have to worry about trans issues any more and comparitively there cheap. I also have the B&M super cooler with fan. I have run this trans for 3 hard years with no issues.

I agree I have a TCI th400. With reverse manual valve body and transbrake. You need a new Tq converter and I would just have a new drive shaft made thick wall steel. You will also need a new shifter I blieve i have the quicksilver shifter from B&M fits where the stock one did. The rmps run high on the highway, but I dont have to worry about trans issues any more and comparitively there cheap. I also have the B&M super cooler with fan. I have run this trans for 3 hard years with no issues.

there is a GN vendor that carrys the shifter detent bracket and new overlay strip ( P R N 1 2 3 ) for the console bracket if you want to keep the stock shifter . That's what I did , you can't even tell , looks completely stock . Stock shifter works great !! :)