Ta downpipe PUCK froze up

ShaunDonWe2

Has anybody had any problems with there downpipe puck freezing up? Not even 1000 miles on pipe and its frozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, totally un-cool. Any feedback about the problem, cause? Seems like someone would chime in about this. First time I have even heard about anything like this. With any new down pipe.

On my pipe, there wasn't enough in and out play to keep it free moving. I cut mine apart, ran some fine sandpaper over the shaft and tig welded it back together leaving a little more end play. Haven't had a problem since.

Yeah it went all bad for me, everything was new i spent the money on ta pipe and headers and that pipe but its froze

Very ticked off, they told me
Condensation from weather and carbon buildup could cause it to do so, but i aint never had my stock dp puck freeze up so... What does anyone suggest i do about that puck?

Condensation from weather and carbon buildup could cause it to do so, but i aint never had my stock dp puck freeze up so... What does anyone suggest i do about that puck? Cost me block, turbo, and anything that could be damaged.

Cost

Ive been thinking to do this really, street car mainly so would i need it?

for that matter does a street car need a 3.5" downpipe , i have a 3" pipe on my 86

True! I just wanted some of the best on my car that was the only reason but yeah you are right

atr pucks used to stick too
I have one on my T.
When I got the car, I went over it, and found that the gate was frozen shut so tight, I had to grind the arm weld off, drive the shaft out w/ a hammer/punch. So much for the lyin asshole seller, that claimed the boost was "set" for 18#.:finger:
Honed the sleeve, polished the shaft, reassembled.
I noticed that the sleeve had a very small hole in it. Appeared to be a lube port.

Condensation from weather and carbon buildup could cause it to do so, but i aint never had my stock dp puck freeze up so... What does anyone suggest i do about that puck?

BS.. It's a design problem!

Thats what ive been told it was a design problem, ive got the rjc puck already also