T/A Block Question

You're using the plugs included with the block, right?:confused:

The machine shop popped the plug while line honing the block and I found Carquest had the same dorman plugs so I picked up 2 just in case but wanted to be sure that I was going in the right direction.:smile:

Steve

My block is a 3rd generation block. It came with two threaded holes by the rear cam plug. I made a crossbar and screwed it across. I used a freeze plug that required some effort to install it. Also sealed it with some RTV for leaks.

P1310088-1-1.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

My block is a 3rd generation block. It came with two threaded holes by the rear cam plug. I made a crossbar and screwed it across. I used a freeze plug that required some effort to install it. Also sealed it with some RTV for leaks.

P1310088-1-1.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You could also get a round flat disk machined from aluminum with holes to match the ones already in the block and with a little sealer screw it to the back of the block over the installed plug that has a ring of RTV. This would be super safe and looks real :cool:

PS: Has anyone found their TA block deck height to vary in height from one side to the other?

Pretty recent one of mine. Waiting on parts.

Attachments

• 100_2018.JPG
    100_2018.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 248
The machine shop popped the plug while line honing the block and I found Carquest had the same dorman plugs so I picked up 2 just in case but wanted to be sure that I was going in the right direction.:smile:

Steve

What is the Dorman plug number? I have not seen the blocks come with the plug in the shipment; much less already installed.

I've had this info for awhile now and just in case anyone else may need it:
Rear cam plug= 1 and 61/64" swallow plug. Dorman #555-109