T/A Block Question

im running SCE ICS Titan S72064
although i have stage II block and stage II AL heads
i think as fair as sealing the cylinder camber is concerned there great, but make sure the sealing lips match the water ports ! none of mine did! steam holes and inlet and outlet to the heads!

You're naturally aspirated though, right?

im running SCE ICS Titan S72064
although i have stage II block and stage II AL heads
i think as fair as sealing the cylinder camber is concerned there great, but make sure the sealing lips match the water ports ! none of mine did! steam holes and inlet and outlet to the heads!

I've been running the Titans on my stock block with GN1's for 2 years. No blown head gaskets.

My GN1's also have that cracking from the spark plug to the intake valve. I had them pressure checked, then put them back on the car. That was last year and 100+ runs later they look the same.

Just pulled the heads off last night. Gaskets look beautiful. I'm going to reuse them. You can do that with the Pro Coppers.

Both Tony Gomes and Dave Fiscus do. They have two of the fastest stock suspension Buicks in the country. Bobby at RPE built their engines.

I just heard that Ken D. dynoed a twin turbo TA block with stage 2 heads and all the good parts (not sure of the cubic inch or turbo size) and it produced 1760 hp with 1200 ft lbs. of torque. This was done by mistake because the final stage of boost was not turned down (50 psi). Ken said this is the most hp that he ever produced by a Buick V6. He also said the TA block handled the hp without a problem.
Jeff

I just heard that Ken D. dynoed a twin turbo TA block with stage 2 heads and all the good parts (not sure of the cubic inch or turbo size) and it produced 1760 hp with 1200 ft lbs. of torque. This was done by mistake because the final stage of boost was not turned down (50 psi). Ken said this is the most hp that he ever produced by a Buick V6. He also said the TA block handled the hp without a problem.
Jeff

Yesss!!!

Jeff

This sounds good to me. :)

Hey Don if u like the copper headgaskets u should try nitrogen charged fire rings like the run in indy and big diesels the hotter the combustion temp the more they expand and seal i know some ppl using them for years and there no joke . I watched a few production diesel engines makes 275 pound of boost and thats with no water pump belt and they live the best part is in the field the change is quick and no mess no scrapping off junk o rings for the oil n water and fire rings for the head sealing :) .

How much boost were you running to get the dyno results in your sig?

30# and there is more in the tune. And that is the street car motor. Still working on my T/A motor and am excited to put it together soon.:biggrin:
BTW that is only a 235 cu" motor

Hey Don if u like the copper headgaskets u should try nitrogen charged fire rings like the run in indy and big diesels the hotter the combustion temp the more they expand and seal i know some ppl using them for years and there no joke . I watched a few production diesel engines makes 275 pound of boost and thats with no water pump belt and they live the best part is in the field the change is quick and no mess no scrapping off junk o rings for the oil n water and fire rings for the head sealing :) .

I've heard of them. A little beyond my price range, I'm sure. Not to mention the initial prep work. O-ring grooves around all those locations.

Jeff

That is awesome!!!!!:eek: :biggrin: :cool:

T/A block

Rear cam freeze plug. What did you do on it's install to keep it from falling out when the block expands?

Rear cam freeze plug. What did you do on it's install to keep it from falling out when the block expands?

Steve,
At International we use loc tite freez plug retainer to keep the freez plugs in place reliably. Not sure where to get it though, but it does exist.

I found it on the loctite website. They call it LV core plug sealant.