stollen 87 WE4 from detroit

WE4astroroof

I still can’t believe it, it was stolen 4/22/07 between 11;30am-2;30am from Washington blv. Down town Detroit Michigan. it had 80,000 miles on it. this car was one of my two loves. my girlfriend was with me when it happened and she know how much I love it commenting on how she did not know witch I loved more her or the car and depending on her mood it did change;) but anyway its all black WE4 with factory sunroof, solid billet rims, and a very loud system in it. it was very clean nay near perfect! I am unsure how they actually stole it because the doors were locked and I had a kill switch hidden on it, there was no broken glass either, so I am guessing they some how towed it(any ideas or input as to what how or were would be great). I do have to hand it to them they are incredible thefts. but oh lord if I catch them! I will post the vin and pics when I get home later this week.

now I have to worrie about what I am going to get from insurance I looked up the model on blue book and it said like $3000 WTF? and the same model with GN package said like $20,000. how can there be such a difference, especially when the WE4 is more rare, and theoretically quiqer epochal the very rare sun roof or astro roof. any pricing input would e great or ways to deal with insurance agencies.
take a moment of silence for me people I am in some real pain here

Probably a tow job. Sorry for your loss bro. Depending on your insurance co you could be O/K or screwed. Be firm on your settlement amount, they are trained to pay out as little as possible:rolleyes:

good luck finding your car and hope the best for you...

i was downtown at the tigers game and saw a very nice and clean all black T-type with a "T" front license plate... centerline rims it looked like... chrome bumpers... wider rear tires.. was zipping down some side streets... hopefully not your car but quite a coinicidence..

this was approx 3pm

and welcome to the site!

Sounds just like my car I do have a t-type plate on the front, but if it was mine it was probly me driving it as I still had it then and was also on my way to the game. was it an unshaven guy with a good lokin girl in the passager seat;). Ya and my bumpers were black, but my rimse do look like cenerlines only they are the cheapo kind. anyway thanks guys I need it I am a broken man now.

I hope you find your car

sorry about your car ai live in a good town in so. calif and my t type was
stolen last tuesday the 24th of April the i have had the car from new and it
was sweet. i got rid of my ex wife and keep my car . the cops called me
after they found it . and the car is striped , the shell is the only part left.
i hope you don't see your car that way, i am sick over it because it was a
big part in my life.

Thanks I just hope i get what it was worth from the insurance. The worst part is I don't think I will get another. the two friend who i know who have owned them have both had them stollen. I just don't want to be worried about it all the time. living by detroit also there are some of the worlds best thiefs!

i feel your pain.........i didnt have a g/n b ut i had a nice 84 Regal that i built first engine i ever built nice 350........and the sobs stole it right out of my drive way......that was a tow job.....the funny thing no one seen or heard anything!!!!!!!!

ya its amazing how that works, I was in a very buisy area, every time I drive by now I think every person i see it scoping out the scene to seal more cars. if I had the money I would set up a sting operation to get thous fu@kers

I live in suburban Detroit and have had two cars stolen downtown (87 GN and a 95 9C1 Caprice.NEVER take a G or B body there,you are just asking for trouble if you do........:mad:

It wouldnt suprise me if these are stolen parts. I think when our cars get stolen, we should be able to have a search feature to locate people in our area that are registered on the board. I garauntee many of these hijacked cars are stolen by people that visit this site. If this guy has parted out 25 TB's, dont you think he'd be more of an active trust worthy member on the board? Definately sounds fishy!