STL dyno day1-12-03

Hey guys, Im in University City, right next to Clayton. Mine is a black Hotair '84 Ttype w/primer (grey) on the pass. 1/4 (hopefully painted this year) w/ GNX/GTA wheels. One of my brothers has a black '86 Ttype (correction; he took the drivetrain out of his rough-body '86 and put it in his '84). My other brother has a really nice Gold '87 TLtd. He needs a stall convertor really bad too. He is having trouble even brake torquing let alone building boost with his 60-1. He needs to do his tranny too. I think it flares up a little. He is having trouble deciding who to have do it. It would be nice to have it done somewhere locally.
Not many really representing around here with a hotair car, since Dan Smith years ago (before converting), so that is my fuel for sticking with it, even though Ive got a '87 motor on the engine stand sitting aside. Should be able to pull off some head turning #s once I get the motor back together. Had been running with a wiped cam, wrong head gaskets (GM'87s;too thick, probably had about 7to1 comp.), a false KR issue, among other problems and could only manage a 14.2@96, so there is definately room for improvement.
As far as M.A.R. Dan Smith used to tell me about that place. Its a 1/8 mile track right? Maybe I'll try going there this year. Gateway has been getting more rediculous each year with waiting to get in runs, Ive actually fallen asleep in the staging lanes before.

mar is 1/4 mile. theres a track farther out west that is 1/8 mile only i cant remeber the name of it.

Hey guys........Check out the website for the St. Louis GSCA chapter (http://www.gatewaygsca.org). Next meeting will be in March (usually the first Sunday at 1:30 p.m.) at G&M Automotive in South County. A number of of fast TR's and GN's, along with a few GS's, will be there.

hey guys if you want to go to the track at mar the first saturday of the season is racer appreciation day its t&t all day usually costs $10-$15 includes lunch you can usually get about 4 passes in the morning 5-6 inthe afternoon Ive been the lone tr out there on this day for the last 2-3 years

P.S mine probably wont make it this year

If you're going to MAR, you better check out your front end bushings, It's pretty rough on the top end. There is also a drop off past the traps on the top end, nothing to worry about though. It looks worse than it really is when you are spectating. Traction is pretty good on the line. We've had some 1.78 60's @ mild boost on ET Streets there. I would love to see some more TR's there. That's pretty close to my stompin' grounds.(O'fallon)

I guess what we all need to do is get together and make a date and go on up there. I hope i have the tranny and a new converter done by then. Before you know it the tracks will be open.

Originally posted by daviss
If you're going to MAR, you better check out your front end bushings, It's pretty rough on the top end. There is also a drop off past the traps on the top end, nothing to worry about though. It looks worse than it really is when you are spectating. Traction is pretty good on the line. We've had some 1.78 60's @ mild boost on ET Streets there. I would love to see some more TR's there. That's pretty close to my stompin' grounds.(O'fallon)

im suprised ive never seen you there before. i went 5 or 6 times last year. the only gn ive seen there was a full race one with a big block in it.

I've only run there a couple times. I've been going there for years and I've got a couple buddies that live out in Troy that are pretty regular there. I'll be going more often, hopefully opening day. I gotta get my fix in early this year. Got a kid due end of June.

Who's up for Gateway opening day?

Hope to have mine done by then. Need to get the tranny rebuilt and a converter but i will be there though.

No not for sure what the date is but i'll ask my buddy that runs the starting line and let you know.

according to their site it opens march 22. tuesdays are street tire only days, i might have to go to one of those.

I would like to put together a Buick dyno day.I would like to see 490hp at the rear wheels on my stock long block.It only has 1200 passes on it!!! Should run in the high tens this year.You may have saw the car at gateway, the plate says DDAY 2.

Originally posted by 11.20n1320
I would like to put together a Buick dyno day.I would like to see 490hp at the rear wheels on my stock long block.It only has 1200 passes on it!!! Should run in the high tens this year.You may have saw the car at gateway, the plate says DDAY 2.
Hey David whats up!!!
Hope you remember me Aron Gobbles buddy Rob Nolan.
I have the blue 87 limited. I need to come by and talk to you on getting my tranny rebuilt and a converter. I need at least 3600 stall with the turbo i have. Email me and if you could give me a ball park figure of how much it would cost me.

Later,
Rob

Well hopefully I will be joining you guys. I am picking up my first Turbo Regal this Saturday. If everything goes well I will try to get it to the track to baseline it with current setup and then start tuning.

Ken

It's a 1987 Regal Limited T - Dark blue metallic with T-tops, PW, PDL, Tilt, Cruise, side marker lights, and chrome trim.

The motor was just rebuilt stock with a new TE-44, FPS intercooler, 40lb. inj., 307 hot wired pump, adj. FPR, has test pipe with dump, and Direct Scan but I still need a laptop to run it.

I am going to put a Mease 3" dp with cat and eventually alky inj. Right now I am just going to work on tuning. It feels strong but I know there is more in it because it is running rich. I will leave it rich until I can get a laptop and start learning how to tune. Don't want to blow up a fresh motor.

Ken