Sooooo, ive been drivin the GN

ITSNOTAGN

Shadow Master
Managed to get the GN together far enough on Sunday night to go for a spin. At this point, its running, with lights, but no hood, and a huge hole in the firewall where the A/C was. This is good for watching for potential fires and such during intial driving. Also i have no charge pipe on the turbo at this time, just doing some N/A tuning for drivability and trans setup.
After checking over what i thought was everything, i went out of town a ways, about 25mph or so. Moral of the story, always double check your lug nuts kids. so as my drivers side rear tire cruises its way onto the drum, i hoped it wouldnt leave the wheelwell in a fireball of fury, while gripping onto my quarter panel in the process. It did not, I was grateful.
Result? 4 bent wheel studs and a chewed up inner wheel, not bad for a first time out.
Monday, get 5 new wheelstuds and open nuts. Order new front springs, (Moog 5660) cause i dont like driving the mullett wagon any longer. Install studs, drive to the rents house in the country. Enter old mans garage, notice small drops of brake fluid on the floor, discover that both the vacuum booster AND master cyl i scrounged form the junk yard for free, are bad. order new manual master cyl. Do some tuning out in the country for a bit, Jason shows up in the 300z.(1986, 9:1, my old TE-44, 218/218 cams, 5-speed, 10psi) We line em up, he gets a length on me out of the hole,(damn 70lb 1900 stall truck converter) i gain steadily and put about 2 lengths on. a while later and about 4 fuel trim updates in the comuter, i put about 3 lengths on him, all while shifting at only 5400, N/A, this thing is gonna be fun.
Tuesday, get tach to read correctly, do some more little ****, adjusting hoses and whatnot, check everything over for safeties sake, figure out why trans is shfting irregularly and acting all in all, retarded. Switch VSS sensors around, cured. cruise some more. Go out to the Rents again, make a quick 1/4 mile blast. Scanner is showing about 105-110 trap speed, thats nice, car has about 1000rpm of top end that can be adjusted into the shifts. Oh, and that round spinny thing to hook up.:biggrin:
Wed, pick up new front springs and Master Cyl. Install front springs, rear sway bar, hook up front sway bar, and install shocks. Car once again kicks ass. Nice stance, and corners better than i could have dreamed. This thing would leave my GTO in the dust on a curvy road. Without the Drag Radials on the back of course.
Today, make aluminum plate for huge hole in firewall, install. Install hood. Car is much much quieter now, i like that. still plenty loud with just 1 4" race bullet on the downpipe. alternator JUST makes a imprint on hood insulator, i broke my arm patting myself on the back. Cruise some more, starts to sprinkle, go back to shop. Clean, paint and install wipers and associated linkage. Rub all the overspray off the windows with laquer thinner,(from underbody/firewall painting) this helps in a big way. Go back out, about 12 midnight, adjust headlights to somewhat acceptible level. Almost take to the ditch after drifting an entire corner at 50mph on the way in. Gotta remember to get some normal tires on the back of this thing soon.
Friday, I hope to make a charge pipe for this thing today, get some acceptable tuning done this weekend on it, in prep for Test and Tune next weekend. That way it can look fast while it sits in the grass. Install master cyl and ditch that big ass vaccuum booster, i love properly set up manual brakes. Hope to have some vid up by sunday night, and some good pics. These cars never cease to amaze me with how sinister they look at dusk.

BTW, i wieghed it, no hood, full tank of gas, 3380#, not bad at all. Should make 3500# when complete, exhaust and all. Oh, and i havent done ANY weight saving yet, full steel bumper support and factory bumper mounts, 100% all factory body. Lets see, save 15lbs in bumpers, 15 on supports, 30lbs of rotating weight when i change out the 70lb converter, 30 for glass trunk, 25 for glass hood. I think i can get to 3400lbs wet if i try. With 600whp to boot, on pump gas. BWAHAHAHAHAHA, I love LS1s
Gary

Well, i did hook up the turbo here on friday, WOW. This thing really rips, i am having problems with a dead lean spike right at 4400rpm, cant for the life of me figure it out yet. but anyway, i am seeing some pretty awesome numbers in the 2800-4000rpm area, so far at 8psi, shifting at 4200 and part throttling it, im getting about 110-112mph in the 1/4, on the highway. So, its a bit faster than it was N/A, taking it easy. Was seeing an easy 105mph n/a shifting at 5500. I honestly think that i can get to 125mph if i can get it to rev out to 6000rpm.
Gary