so p----------- off

I go wit ha bigger turbo , injectors , bigger intercooler, v2 intake, and my car is 10 times slower . I have been working on this thing for way to long trying to give hope to my new set up but it just runs like s---.:mad: If i cant get it to run right with in a week or so more i will sell it all and go back to my old set up.

sorry :(

crazy....i'm beginning to feel your pain. I don't know if you've seen all the $#!% I've been through, but its been too much. no matter how hard I try to get my car going something always finds a way to break.....just look at my post about the tranny fluid on the highway. that happened to me this past friday.

hang in there bud....we'll conquer our cars soon!!!

Have patience my friend. It took me a year to get mine running after I changed everything. In the meantime drive it easy and tune one thing at a time, and DON'T GET DISCOURAGED... When you have a problem, think about what it could be for a day or two before you make big changes.

find a truck and trailer and tow it down here and drop it off for a lil while she'll be running good in no time..;)

I dont get it , i put the set up in and want out the road and it pulled like it was crazy at 17 psi and not really tuned yet. A few days later i get in and it runs like crap , so i weld the header and put new gaskets on , nothing no better. I try new wires and plugs , nothing. I try to tune every thing and get some cam2 and still nothing.

My old set up with the ta33 and stock intake would eat this setup alive, even top end. I have lost to 2 cars and came cost to losing to a high 14- low 15sec car. It has no power what so ever, i even try to pipe it in with out the intercooler to see if i had a leak or something , no that did not work. I really need to get the money to fix my junk trany that wont shift.

Well i am going out to look at it with a lighter in one hand and the gas in the other. :( Its a good thing this board is here.

Originally posted by crazygn
I dont get it , i put the set up in and want out the road and it pulled like it was crazy at 17 psi and not really tuned yet. A few days later i get in and it runs like crap , so i weld the header and put new gaskets on , nothing no better.

What for a scanner are you using?.
What did you baseline the performance at, before you started work?.

While the strip is fine, you need to establish some sort of frame of reference to see where you are, when you not there.

You listed your old stuff but what's the new stuff?.

There are two areas here, mechanical errors, and tuning. You've done one, so it might need double checking two or four times, and if that's OK, then tuning.

I took it for a ride and it fills to be tuned pretty good , but still wont rev over 3800rpm if it dose i have to hold it to 4000 and its about to slow up. It builds good power at 3400 to 3800 and then dies.

my old set up want 12.6 not really tuned, now these are my new parts that i have added.

ta54
power stroke intercooler
50lb injectors
v2 intake manifold
87 tb
elec fan
msd plug wires

my tranny is down , so i run a turbo 350 w/ a 1800 stall:eek: I did run this when it ran strong.

why wont it rev:mad: i think this is why it fells so weak, lack of 3800 to 5000 rpm.

Originally posted by crazygn
I took it for a ride and it fills to be tuned pretty good , but still wont rev over 3800rpm if it dose i have to hold it to 4000 and its about to slow up. It builds good power at 3400 to 3800 and then dies.
my old set up want 12.6 not really tuned, now these are my new parts that i have added.
ta54
power stroke intercooler
50lb injectors
v2 intake manifold
87 tb
elec fan
msd plug wires

No scanner?.
With these chnages, I'd wonder about having enough fuel. The small injectors may have been just getting by, but now, you might be seriously out of fuel.
Can you monitor the fuel pressure safely, and see what it does?.
Fuel filter and pump would be where I'd start.
HTH

I do have a turbo link now with this set up. I ran 40lbs with the old set up and 50lbs now, still run the 307 pump hotwired. With running 17psi it would run 800's on the o2's easy. I did check when i ran 41psi of fuel with the vac line off, under boost it was 58psi so that should be good . Ive tryed my brothers coil and still the same thing.

When you switched to the 50 lb. injectors, did you have a new chip burned for your new combo? If not, I would look into that.

no i didnt , i just bought a joe L93 chip off the board and tryed my brothers reds 93 chip but the same thing does not wont to rev.

Hey there crazygn, when you switched over to the V2, did you hook a vacuum line back up the the modulator can on the TH350 tranny??? If so, where did you hook it up to???...You might also be actually applying boost to vacuum modulator, which could cause all sorts of problems...If you put a bigger cam in on the new setup, then you probably don't have enough vacuum for the tranny to operate properly...

Your tranny may be the WHOLE problem...There may not be anything wrong with your setup, you really ought to mothball that TH350 and put a built 200-4r back in it with at least a 3200 stall converter...

A -54 turbo ain't gonna spool worth a crap on an 1800 stall converter and with not enough vacuum to the tranny, your gonna have all kinds of performance problems which may make you think it's your motor...

You really should post ALL of your mods in your first post about the problems you were having, rather than being all p*ssed off for weeks when you can't get your car to run right...

Not a flame, just trying to help out, dude... :D I hope you do finally get your car running right, it should run like a raped ape!!!

The vac line is hooked to the i think , i dont know i'll have to check. The cam has been in it since the old set up. It did seem to have alot more power with the turbo 350 in it weeks ago then it does now. The tranny seems to be ok with the high rpms, i could be wrong. I hooked a tac up last night to be sure and it wont go over 4000 even if i hold it, feels like the motor is running out of steam. I will check all of the msd plug wires today, and check to make sure iam getting good oil press to the lifters and rockers, it just seems to be flosting the valves.

Keep the help rolling in :D

If your vacuum line for the TH350 vacuum modulator is hooked up to the "vacuum" block on the throttle body, then you are most likely getting boost to the modulator...

Am I correct in assuming that the V2 has the throttle body relocated to the intake??? I kind of forgot with all the different setups Jay has gone through perfecting it...If you just plugged into the vacuum block on the throttle body without a check valve inline, then boost is getting down to the modulator...It's kind of similar to the problem that guys are having when they switch over to vacuum brakes...If the check valve isn't put in, the brakes really don't want to work to well...

The modulator on the TH350 changes shift characteristics...You may want to ask in the Transmission tech section exactly what that modulator does...I don't remember exactly, since it's been like 12 yrs since I had to replace one...I do know that the tranny won't work right if the modulator isn't working right...Your tranny may be trying to apply another gear or clutch packs or something(ie, trying to run in two gears at the same time)...That may be why your rpms won't go up...

If you try to accelerate slowly, does the tranny shift right??? If you leave the tranny in first, can you go past the rpm wall you are hitting now(accelerating slowly)??? Just throwing ideas out...

FJM....

sorry to cut in on your thread crazy but FJM just posted something that caught my attention.

the modulator on a transmission your talking about....if a vacuum line was hooked up wrong would that affect fluid pressure inside the pan/convertor??? I just blew tranny fluid all over the highway last friday afternoon for no apparent reason...rpms were below 3500. shift points seemed a little high even when cruising.
car never shifted into third gear below 45-48 MPH when accelerateing slowly. If I gave alittle gas and got the boost between 0-3 lbs then it would shift normal???

-Brad-

The same in park , it will rev to 4000-4500 but very slow and i have to hold it to do that. What i dont get is it worked ok with this trans before but now i have checked every thing. I even checked my plug wires again with a meter and got 2.5-3.0 on each one. I did get 1.0 omes on one plug wire but its not the same type as the others , i only had 5 new ones. I really dont know what else to check, every thing looks and seems to test good. This car should rev to at less 5ooo right and iam not going crazy.