Should I stay with this Te-44

Michael30815

Ok guys, here's the scoop, I have a fully built engine getting put in this weekend, forge steel pistons, billet main caps,rods, roller cam, champion port iron heads, 70 mm throttle body, kenne bell intake manifold, super stock precision intercooler, julio alcohol,. Have a 3200 9 inch (N/L) Art Carr stage 3 transmission.

My goal is to be able to handle a camaro SS or Shelby GT 500. Do I need a bigger turbo or will 20lbs of boost be enough for one of the cars. Car will be street driven primary.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Forgot to mention 60 lbs injectors, Walbro fuel pump, the good stuff 3 inch Downpipe with full 3 inch exhaust, accufab fuel regulator.

Tuning is the determining factor. You should be able to handle a GT500 at 20psi with the 44. A Camaro SS runs 13's, not much of a race there. I would like to see a turbo like a 6262 on it, but the 44 will do what you want.

A gt 500 2013 or 2014 makes 664 factory HP. If they have slicks or a pro drag radials stock can run 10.80-11.20. You better be able to run 10.70 to make sure. You need to run at least a high 6.80 in the 1/8 at 99-100. Remember they are 351 CID with a big blower they should run.

Ok guys, here's the scoop, I have a fully built engine getting put in this weekend, forge steel pistons, billet main caps,rods, roller cam, champion port iron heads, 70 mm throttle body, kenne bell intake manifold, super stock precision intercooler, julio alcohol,. Have a 3200 9 inch (N/L) Art Carr stage 3 transmission.

My goal is to be able to handle a camaro SS or Shelby GT 500. Do I need a bigger turbo or will 20lbs of boost be enough for one of the cars. Car will be street driven primary.

I would put a 66/65 turbonetics on it.

Maybe a Te-63 to be safe. Want to trap a 125mph as well. I'm not familiar with new turbos, just old school. Lol

6176 turbo should handle that.

Does anyone have a turbo comparison chart of old and new school

Theres a sticky in the turbo section if I remember right.

6262 will go mid 10's fairly easy. I'd go with the 6266 for a little more potential. That 4431 seems a bit small for your motor imo.

There is a little GT 500 around here running around 6.50s with some work done!! 6766 cea lol

Looks like I'm going to have to stay with Te-44 for now till funds get better. Spent it all on this awesome built engine. Hopefully I won't run across any till I get a 6262 or higher turbo. Will post pics of before and after rebuild

Cool beans good luck. Maybe I can get it for u before too long!!

I don't think it will get me where I want to go!! Great turbos though.

I have a CPT-66 I can sell you at a great price. Easy 10 sec turbo.