Seriously blown turbo

I see that impeller all over those pistons

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I bet those specs are welded to the pistons.. not sure how long it's been running like that so I'm guessing..

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

The stock HA intake design may have saved your engine. There is no way the nut made it through the engine without damaging the piston. As Boost231 said, clean the untake VERY good.

On another note:
What is your goal with the car? The TA33 is a good upgrade but will require a chip and converter.

One bank also appears to be running a bit lean so watch for knock. Good luck.

Not sure if you know . . You should pm Bison for a turbo. He will do it right.
I bought a kit from a member here a few years ago which has the 33c, walbro 340, hotwire, 42.5 injectors , adjustable fuel pressure regulator and corresponding tt chip Less than 1k miles on the parts. Also added caspers fuel injector harness, power master alternator, caspers Alt harness, egr block off, and new timing cover with high flow oil pump. Have a melling 20-is6 and 20-is2 and will put in whichever fits best.

Here is a pic of the cleaned intake. Cleaned it with a friend's diesel powered steam Jennie at his shop

20160824_201902.jpg

20160824_201915.jpg

20160826_170038.jpg

My goal with the car is a reliable daily driver that will see some test and tune nights, and that can rival the performance of a chipped ic gn. Looking for mid to low 13 on street tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Looks good.
Did you find the nut or debris in the intake?
Also . . . . I am going to ass-u-me you are just buidling a semi stockish car? In that case, if you haven't put the intake on yet, I would port #4 ONLY. Leave the rest stock.

Looks good.
Did you find the nut or debris in the intake?
Also . . . . I am going to ass-u-me you are just buidling a semi stockish car? In that case, if you haven't put the intake on yet, I would port #4 ONLY. Leave the rest stock.
Absolutely semi stock. It's a peg leg right now anyways. But I have a gn posi that I will be swapping in. I would like to but not sure if I have the time to do any porting. Basically just port match to the intake gasket I assume? Trying to be ready for Cecil county and I am leaving for a week long cruise today. Bad timing. Lol.
Ps. Didn't find any nut or debris. But when I was cleaning the intake I wasn't looking, I hadn't seen the extent of the turbo damage yet.

Port matching will be better than nothing. Lol
What fuel will you be using?

Since you will be bored at times on the cruise, try to search the thread "interesting numbers". Have fun and good luck.

Port matching will be better than nothing. Lol
What fuel will you be using?

Since you will be bored at times on the cruise, try to search the thread "interesting numbers". Have fun and good luck.
93 premium. I'll stock up on some octane boost for track nights, or even buy some race gas at the track. Just wanna have fun, wrench a little bit and have a reliable daily.

Oh yea, saw the flow numbers on the ha intake. Interesting indeed. I'll gasket match for the time being as I have a bit of a time crunch. Try to pick up a stock ha intake for a more agressive port job later on as funds and time permit. Thanks for the info.

Here are a few pics of the detritus found in the pan and on the pickup. Guess I found where the remnants of the turbo went lol.

91275afa156c294991d24da729b55ba4.jpg

084b40a2f23de0be24f5f4894b17cf29.jpg

cf3ae699b8a5c97b97e7554da2b150de.jpg

How'd it do that?

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

This may help explain how.
Don't click on the arrow in the video. To watch it just click on the You Tube name in the lower right hand corner of the window and it will take you to the video.

Ps,If it were me, my goal in life before i run that motor again would be to locate that nut,
I'm sure it never made it to the combustion chamber or you would see big time evidence of it between the valves/pistons /chamber.

Last edited: