SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

Here's a quick vid on the VE table. There is much more that could be covered on this subject, so this is just basic stuff.

Thanks Eric that was informative. When you were discussing changing the VE by 10% I'm curious on your thoughts regarding changing the AFR table instead since it was so rich there.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Generally speaking, you always want the AFR table to represent the AFR you really want. The closed loop correction is going to use it as its target when correcting. The VE table is used to reduce the required correction to near-zero. I usually tune so the correction is always a little negative.

Bob

You must get the VE table setup first, so that your actual AFR matches the target AFR (relatively close). Once those match, then you can make changes to the target AFR if you want. For example, if I changed the target AFR from 13.5 to 14.5, it still wouldn't match the actual AFR because the VE is wrong.

When you say it was so rich there, the target was 13.5 AFR in that area, which isn't rich at all. You might be used the OEM factory stuff that commands 14.7 afr all the time, but that's for emissions purposes, and the fact that the stock narrowband O2 sensor only can sense 14.7 accurately. You can still command 14.7 or in that area with this setup if you want though, as long as you're happy with the way it runs.

Good explanation. Poor terminology on my part. I was using rich as a relative term with regard to your target AFR and your actual AFR since you were pulling out max fuel. So as a follow on, if I set up my car for 10.5 AFR at WOT and tuned the VE tables accordingly and then I changed the target AFR to 10.8 would I then have to redo the VE tuning?

Would it be hard to send tune to someone and let them make changes to them. Like the LS guys do with HP Turner.

Then have that tune sent back to you and you downloaded via email. Would be nice!!!!!!!!!

Can someone help me out? I having a very hard time trying to pin point why the car will drop off in CF to 115 from 125-133 with I turn on the light. here is a log I did of it on the way home coming off base. I don't have a wire in D11 and I have the MAP hooked up like BOB said. I have checked all of the wires at the ECM and they are tight.

Attachments

• drive home.dat
    3 MB · Views: 139
Can someone help me out? I having a very hard time trying to pin point why the car will drop off in CF to 115 from 125-133 with I turn on the light. here is a log I did of it on the way home coming off base. I don't have a wire in D11 and I have the MAP hooked up like BOB said. I have checked all of the wires at the ECM and they are tight.

That's a huge file!! Where for example are you talking about? I don't see the 115 number you're talking about I just see CF% displayed as a percentage.

And I can't for the life of me figure out why your tune pages don't come along with your data log. What version of PLC are you running and what is your PL flashed to??

You've also got some data glitches in the file. Places where there's a complete loss of all data for 1 frame. Happens several times during that log.

the one frame glitches happen when you change something. It doesn't happen all the time, and its on my list to fix.

On the lights, there are 3 things that I am aware of that will cause it,

one: a shift in battery voltage interacting with the injector offset table.

two: a shift in the MAP signal caused by using a body ground for the MAP sensor.

three: the extra load from the alternator shifts the tune to a different spot, that is further out of tune.

Bob

I think the glitch it when I turn on the light. That's the only thing I can think of. I have some other run I can send without turning on the light.

Do you think that I need a new battery and alternator? I will also find out where the map is ground too and what would be a better place to the ground it too?

Bob, I think there's some electrical issues at play here!! He sent me another file via email and there's some glaring issues that are unexplainable. I'll post a photo here to demonstrate.

Please take note of where I put the time marker. Notice the dip in tps and rpm. In all the logs I've made my rpm doesn't fall off immediately when I let off the tps. Also notice just to the left of the marker where the tps jumps up. I've done that on occasion but my rpm doesn't jump up exactly duplicating the tps either. My rpm would start climbing and continue to climb until the car shifted or something intervened. notice after the rpm jumps it's flat as a table even though the tps jumped from .5 to .8
This must be where the lights were turned on and off, or off and on. A LOT of data points change during that tps, rpm drop. timing changes, CS% went way negative, and even during what would appear to be a steady state cruise, I notice his bubble jumping up and down in map value by a full cell. That should not be.

There's got to be some kind of ground or electrical issues going on, even without messing with the lights. The lights just exacerbate the issue, A LOT. The only reason I think it might be a ground issue is because I didn't see anything terribly unusual with the battery voltage during this trace.

drive2.jpg

Thanks I'm not home right know so that will help a lot. Will not be home until about 7

I just read this thread and like this new chip. I wish I would have known about it a while back when I bought my LT1 MAF and trans. I want to upgrade my chip and maybe injectors. I'm about 94% IDC now with my 42's

Do you guy's offer a chip/injector combo deal? I didn't see this option on Eric's website.

Do you guy's offer a chip/injector combo deal? I didn't see this option on Eric's website.
You might email Eric and he may work a package deal like you want , you never know till you ask .

I just read this thread and like this new chip. I wish I would have known about it a while back when I bought my LT1 MAF and trans. I want to upgrade my chip and maybe injectors. I'm about 94% IDC now with my 42's

I have 60 LB and 80 LB injectors on sale right now. I could make you a package deal with the SD2 Chip as I sell them as well. Do you have a powerlogger already to compliment the SD2 for live tuning?

Steve

Note of clarification:

The SD2 requires a powerlogger, its not optional.

Bob