Rev Kit and Head Stud Girdle

KWIKR 1

is it worth pulling the trigger on a Rev Kit and Head Stud Girdle on the following Twin Turbo sbc Street/Strip engine combo ?

2 x 60-1 Turbos
Dart Little M Block (4.125 bore)
Eagle Forged Crank ( 3.725" Stroke)
Eagle H-Beams w/L19 bolt upgrade (5.7")
JE Turbo pistons (.200" Pins)
JE Pro Plasma Ring Set
AFR 210 Race Ready Alum Heads (7/16" Rocker Studs)
Custom Ground Hydraulic Roller Cam (238/236 @.50 603" lift 115LSA)
Comp Cam Retro Fit Rollers
Harland Sharp 1.6" Roller Rockers
Motown Single Plane converted to EFI w/-8AN rails
2x Weldon 1100A in-line Fuel Pumps
Weldon EFI Fuel Reg and Filters
Wilson 90mm Elbow/Accufab 90 mm TB
95 hr/lb injectors
Wrenchrat Twin Turbo Headers
FAST Dual Sync Distributor
Crane Hi-6 Ignition Box
Fully Built TH400 reverse manual/trans Brake
PTC TC

Strictly my thoughts here, on that big an engine the cam will prolly be out of steam around 6500 so nix the rev kit. I have no idea what a "head stud girdle kit" is, but prolly not necessary on a 5-bolt bore like the Gen I and II small blocks...

Strictly my thoughts here, on that big an engine the cam will prolly be out of steam around 6500 so nix the rev kit. I have no idea what a "head stud girdle kit" is, but prolly not necessary on a 5-bolt bore like the Gen I and II small blocks...

it was suppose to read "Rocker Stud Gridle" . :D :) I agree... I don't think I'll be reving it past 6500 . I getting mix reviews on the Rev-Kit . Other than increasing your rpm range , it's suppose to offer more valvetrain stability by applying additional spring pressure to lifter body and not plunger . That would interest me more than the increased rpm . :)

You should be fine with the standard rocker system. Alot will depend on your spring pressure.

I'm not trying to scare you here but valvetrain is one place where you can't afford to save $$$ IMO.

Everything should be fine if you went with the higher quality comp lifters. But one thing I would start saving for now would be some solid Crower lifters and a Jesel SS shaft rocker system. Those 2 pieces will take years of abuse and you won't have to worry at all about valvetrain stability or reliability.

You should be fine with the standard rocker system. Alot will depend on your spring pressure.

I'm not trying to scare you here but valvetrain is one place where you can't afford to save $$$ IMO.

Everything should be fine if you went with the higher quality comp lifters. But one thing I would start saving for now would be some solid Crower lifters and a Jesel SS shaft rocker system. Those 2 pieces will take years of abuse and you won't have to worry at all about valvetrain stability or reliability.

Thanks guys . Springs are AFR-8002's (1.550 OD/.788 ID) and are set to the following specs:
170 lbs @ 1.950
460 lbs @ 1.342

The cam is a billet Hyd Roller w/Comp Retro Fit rollers . car will be primarily be a weekend street driven release . I priced out the Crower lifters and a Jesel SS shaft rocker system sometime ago . Just seemed a bit over kill for my intentions .

When it comes to valvetrain I've found there is no such thing as overkill. All it takes is one broke lifter, dropped valve..etc and repair cost far outweigh initial purchase cost.

I do think you will be fine with what you have by keeping the revs down near 6500. But I would plan on upgrading them in the future.