60-1 tt sbc

KWIKR 1

what do you guys think about this turbo on my twin turbo sbc build .

60-1, 76trim turbine, 1.0 divided turbine housing , 4" inlet 2.5" discharge, GT compressor housing . .70A/R .

Build as follows :

Little M Block 4.125 bore (400 cu/in)
AFR 210's Race Ready Alum Heads
Motown Intake converted to EFI (95lb/hr Injectors)
Custom Ground Hyd Roller (236/232 @.50 603" lift )
Harland Sharp 1.6 Roller Rockers
Eagle Forged crank 3.750" stroke
Eagle Forged H beams w/L19 bolts (5.7)
Wilson 90mm Intake Elbow
90mm Accufab TB
JE Turbo Pistons w/.200" Pin upgrade
JE Rings
B&B Performance Oil Pan

Depends on how much HP your goal is.

Compressor wheel is too small to make a lot of power.

I thought the exact same thing . But... I found out there are alot lot of twin turbo sbc making 800-900 rwhp on this size turbo . my goals are 800 rwhp on pump gas , with a whole lot of crazy fun street driving . :D :) This turbo was suggested by a very well known straight up turbo guy after giving him my engine combo and goals .

"My thoughts on my 60-1 with your combo:
Awesome boost response, starting at ~3000 rpm
Peak torque around 4800
Peak HP just below 6200

It should make well into the 700 HP range at 8-10 psi with alot of torque. You will get into the 850-900 range around 12 psi or so, and the limit on pump gas will be around 16 psi...expect close to 1000 HP at that point if all is happy. These turbos will top out close to 1200 HP right around 20 psi or so on your engine."

Those turbos will make that power.
My friends 4.3, a little bigger:wink: w/twin 60's made 1200 HP.
Syty

:cool: I guess they really do . :) I wonder what the equivalent of 2 of these turbos to a single is . someone mentioned to me that they thought the
76trim turbine maybe a little to large . I guess I'll eventually find out . :)

Those turbos will support over 1100hp but will be lazy with the big a/r and 76 trim wheels. Ive made about 575hp with a single one and a lot of backpressure on a 234ci. I dont agree with the quote in post #3. It will take considerably more boost to make those power numbers. I dont think you would see 1000whp under 30 psi with a 400ci unless you are over 10:1. Id look into better shortblock parts if you are looking for that much power though. Id leave it around 850whp otherwise.

I'd expect 700-800rwhp on 15-16psi.

Considering it might make 450hp on motor...15psi is roughly 900 on motor...count the drivetrain losses and that should be a close guess.

Those turbos will support over 1100hp but will be lazy with the big a/r and 76 trim wheels. Ive made about 575hp with a single one and a lot of backpressure on a 234ci. I dont agree with the quote in post #3. It will take considerably more boost to make those power numbers. I dont think you would see 1000whp under 30 psi with a 400ci unless you are over 10:1. Id look into better shortblock parts if you are looking for that much power though. Id leave it around 850whp otherwise.

he assured me it would spool real nice with this pair of these turbos on a TT setup . I'm not about to tell a well known turbo builder (Reed from Supernateral Turbo) how to build his turbos . :) I think Dusty is close on his boost/hp guesstimate . I would be VERY happy camper with a reliable 800-850hp on the rear wheels . :) thanks for your feedback guys , much appreciated .

he assured me it would spool real nice with this pair of these turbos on a TT setup . I'm not about to tell a well known turbo builder (Reed from Supernateral Turbo) how to build his turbos . :) I think Dusty is close on his boost/hp guesstimate . I would be VERY happy camper with a reliable 800-850hp on the rear wheels . :) thanks for your feedback guys , much appreciated .

The twins will also spool easier. It don't make sense on paper but in the real world it just works. One local car at 427ci can spool twin pro-mod 88's with a super tight converter but can't spool a single 98mm.

I remember my first drive with my small block and the large frame 88mm. Just driving down the road and rolling into it. It made 17psi and I knew instantly I'd never own another V6:biggrin: Loaded it on the the trailer, went to the track and 1st pass I left at something like 3400 rpm and went 6.7 at 124.

I dont agree with the quote in post #3. It will take considerably more boost to make those power numbers. I dont think you would see 1000whp under 30 psi with a 400ci unless you are over 10:1. Id look into better shortblock parts if you are looking for that much power though. Id leave it around 850whp otherwise.

+1 Those numbers look inflated to me too...Dusty's numbers look more realistic. What do you intend to do with the car? Street car?

+1 Those numbers look inflated to me too...Dusty's numbers look more realistic. What do you intend to do with the car? Street car?

It'll be primarily a street car with 2-3 visits to the track a season for fun . Check out yellowbullet.com . seems to be alot of turbo small blocks pushing 900-1000 rwhp with very close setups . In some cases alot less . :)

dr_frankenstein : I'll be using a Wrenchrat twin turbo kit . Reed from Supernatural Turbos requested that I sent him a bunch pics of the headers so he could check out the design . from what he saw in the header design and the info/goals I gave him on my engine . he decided to go with a 1.0 divided turbine housing .

check out www.wrenchrat.com . they have a few "interesting" dyno graphs on a sbc blow thru setup . :)

Just a retraction . Reed Patridge is no longer with Supernatural Turbos . He has opened his own company called Work Turbochargers for those who maybe interested . sorry for any confusion . :)

you can visit his new web site at Who is Reed Patridge? for those that maybe interested .

I think we're all aware of YellowBullet...Sounds like a cool project! Hope you prove us wrong : ) Gonna be fun regardless!!! Post up some pics...I have a similiar project going on out in the shop now for a customer/friend in a 71 Skylark. Almost same exact engine configuration except for a solid roller, custom headers, and a Vic Jr.

I think we're all aware of YellowBullet...Sounds like a cool project! Hope you prove us wrong : ) Gonna be fun regardless!!! Post up some pics...I have a similiar project going on out in the shop now for a customer/friend in a 71 Skylark. Almost same exact engine configuration except for a solid roller, custom headers, and a Vic Jr.

Not out to really prove anything .:) :) Right now just concertrating on gettng all the components together . Have everything for engine . just starting to put the fuel system together than on to EFI/ignition . It's just a back burner project for me . Unsure exactly what it's going into .I've been looking , just haven't found the right car yet . I'm really leaning towards "68-"69 Nova or possibly another G Body . who knows ? :D :) Thanks again to all who replied . :)

Like a proud new father . a picture of my new twins that are on their way home . :D lol

Attachments

• 261810_217218524984383_168758169830419_646239_4945248_n.jpg
    261810_217218524984383_168758169830419_646239_4945248_n.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 303
X2, those look killer! Love that look. Any other progress?

Engine is ready to be assembled . But , I'm not going to put it together untill I find something decent to drop it into . Reed at Work Turbocharging must of done a nice job on those turbos becuase he's using the pictures of them on his web site . :D I have yet to actually see them because they are in transit . Here's a pic of the backside with the exhaust housing done for those who maybe interested . :)

Attachments

• T4_60_1_4e00c57f03130.jpg
    T4_60_1_4e00c57f03130.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 340