Reminder & list of July 28th meet...

Nevermind I found the address in an earlier post. Sent $20 via paypal for Frank and Tammy 1987 Turbo-T.

I just got the car running, so Jeremy will be trailing me if all is well. Are we going to have a little swap spot? I have a few little items to get rid of.

Swap spot

We can certainly have an area for parts we are wanting to sell/buy.

If anyone has OE body side moldings with the chrome strips on the top and bottom and silver in the center I'll take them...:)

We have quite a bit of space so it shouldn't be an issue.

Swap spot

Then lets do it!:)

Make sure everyone knows they can bring some goodies to sell while showing the cars:cool:

We can certainly have an area for parts we are wanting to sell/buy.

If anyone has OE body side moldings with the chrome strips on the top and bottom and silver in the center I'll take them...:)

We have quite a bit of space so it shouldn't be an issue.

Good, I know I'll have a few things with me to sell.:cool:

Hey just a thought here, maybe we can have name tags made(the cheep ones) for those who paid already. This way since the list is getting big, we will no who paid and who didn't. Also if you are paying as you come, we can also give them a name tag, this way nobody gets a free ride and Phil, you wouldn't get burned.

Prasad

Prasad, I've already bought plain name tags, pop, water, etc. Since the budget is beyond tight I figure we'll make do w/ the nametags I already bought.

For food I am planning on pasta & maybe subs. Figure would be easier to not have to grill. Again, not much $ so I am doing the most cost effective option to feed alot of people.

I've been traveling non-stop (leave tomorrow for Alabama) so most stuff will be bought this weekend or next week.

Please advise if anyone has additional thoughts since I'm a newbie to these meets.

I do plan to bring some stuff to play sports or whatever (just stay away from my Limited...:wink: )

Phil

Cool deal, I know most of the Buick guys are pretty good but I know few that are shady. Since a lot of people know when and where this is talking place, they may just decided to show up and mingle with the crowed with out paying. As long as the host is not taking a beating I have no problems. With the name tag in place for people that paid and paying at the park as they come, we shouldn’t run into any problems. I want to make sure that you don't take a beating. If things go over budget, we will find a way to compensate for it. I don’t want this to be your first and last hosting.
I am making more phone calls as we speak!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prasad

Food & general update

Here is a quick post about food, etc and then tonite (list is at home) I will post all those that have paid and the total dollars that have been collected.

After speaking with others who have attended past meets it makes more sense to grill since people will be coming & going at all different times. This way we can fire up the grills when needed.

I have already bought pop, water and name tags. This weekend I will be buying burgers, hot dogs, sausage, buns, salads, condiments, etc.

I encourage those that wish to bring a salad, dessert or whatever.

I can bring my gas grill but one grill ain't gonna cut it. Post up if you have the ability to bring a grill. I would figure 2-3 grills would suffice. If others can bring grills and I leave mine at home that helps since I will have plenty of stuff to transport.

For games like softball, football, etc I would ask others if they can bring these things since I'll have enough other things to pack into the wife's Odyssey. I do have some kiddie type games which I'll bring along.

Tonite I will post the list of attendees that are paid and total collected.

Off to Alabama...:mad:

I see what you are saying,but I think some are coming from further than others which makes it hard to carry a grill in the back of a GN...

Grills

All we need are two grills and Brer Rabbit offered to bring his so we need one other.

Any volunteers??? If someone lives close to the location they can drop off earlier since I'll be there from 9:00am on.

Paid list

Here is the list of paid attendees:

Bradley Fairhurst $10.00
Nick Esposito $10.00
Bob Pederson $20.00
Gary Sanabria $10.00
Prasad Elamana $80.00 (payment for several people)
Jeremy Polzin $10.00
Bob Ward $10.00
Shaun O'Connor $10.00
Dennis King $25.00
Steve Else 10.00
David Ernst $10.00
Bob Ward $10.00
Perry Bush $20.00
Steve Dickerson 10.00
Wicked T $10.00
Under Pressure $10.00
Frank Godawski $10.00
Frank Merlo $20.00

Thanks,
Phil

You guys would not mind an out of towner to show up, would ya? I was planning on bringing the car up for the weekend. I am 100 miles SW of St Louis and just happen to be heading that way to see the wifes family and thought it would be great to sneak away and meet up.

You guys would not mind an out of towner to show up, would ya? I was planning on bringing the car up for the weekend. I am 100 miles SW of St Louis and just happen to be heading that way to see the wifes family and thought it would be great to sneak away and meet up.[/QUOTE

I don't think anyone will mind, the more Buick's, the better!!!:cool:

Out of towners

We'd be happy to have out of towners. Already have people coming from several states.

What Sptlss1 & 1BadWE4 said, If you can make the drive...

Please join us ...."The more the merrier." If there was a long distance award, it might be yours?!

For food and park reservation cost is $10/person to:

pjhenry@comcast.net

Will there be any problems paying when I get there? I have no ideas if anyone will be with me yet.

Pay when you show

It seems many people will be paying at the door (grass).

I have a log of all those that paid so it's no big deal.

If we have freeloaders we'll sick Brer Rabbit on them...he's a cop.:biggrin: