Rear Upper & Lower Adjustable control arms

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
The DSE upper & lower adjustable control arms. These are completely adjustable without removing anything from the car which saves a bunch of time and hassle. What allows this to be possible is their Patented "Swivel Link" technology. To do this you simply loosen the jam nut and spin the body of the control arm to your desired setting then simply tighten the jam nut back and your done! The Patented "Swivel Link" is at the end with the "SL" sticker seen in the image below..

This kit is a complete bolt on kit for your G-Body!

Complete G-Body kit: $825.00 (Includes both Upper & Lower control arms and all mounting hardware)

DSE 330.jpg

Scot W.

The only rear control arms that are adjustable without removing 1 end from the car? Really? And 825? Are they made outta titanium ? I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time justifying dse's prices on some things...I have their frnt n rear swaybars ,they were priced fair good quality. Am I missing something here?

Those are sexy! I could see the need and ability of adjustment without removal, that is a great concept. Could come in handy for a quick car which sees different tracks and adjustment is key in hooking and adapting to situations. They are pricey, and out of my allowance range, but are very nice. Another great product from them, that is for sure. Thanks for posting them up Scot!

I was being alil facetious....they def are not the only rear contol arms that are adjustable on the car...I'm sure they are nice pieces , IMHO ,they aren't worth the money ....nothing against Scott or dse.....jus sayin.....

I was being alil facetious....they def are not the only rear contol arms that are adjustable on the car...I'm sure they are nice pieces , IMHO ,they aren't worth the money ....nothing against Scott or dse.....jus sayin.....
Thanks but this thread wasn't to ask if they were worth it or not in your opinion... And another thing that these offer over the rest of the rear control arms for these G-Body's is that the "Swivel Link" allows the rear end to articulate Much better by the control arms being able to twist and not bind!!

PS: I will have a Mod remove that sentence for you...

Scot W.

Scot,

I was just considering Speed Tech's upper and lower rear control arms which also swivel like these, but these now have my interest too. Will you sell them seperately (e.g., just the lowers) if that is what I want?

Also, what bushing material is used?

Rob

Um ok....well first off, let me say that I have no problem with u scott. I've talked to you on the phone a few times and on the net,and I've always appreciated the time you took to speak with me.....but , this is a discussion board right? This isn't the vendor's section. How bout telling me why they are worth the astronomically high price with a little more info.....and can you tell me again how you can claim that these are the only on car adjustable rear control arms...that just isn't true...again I never had a problem with you but there's no need to try to pull rank here cuz I voiced an opinion.... Joel

Scot,

I was just considering Speed Tech's upper and lower rear control arms which also swivel like these, but these now have my interest too. Will you sell them seperately (e.g., just the lowers) if that is what I want?

Also, what bushing material is used?

Rob
Rob,

I after looking on their site I see very few products listed for the G-body so I looked at their A-body line of rear suspension products as an example and see that they might swivel in the same manner as DSE's but I also noticed that they are not adjustable where as DSE's Are... I am sure if I call DSE and ask to just sell just the lowers or uppers they would do that for me.

The bushings are rubber to keep ride the quality.

Scot W.

Um ok....well first off, let me say that I have no problem with u scott. I've talked to you on the phone a few times and on the net,and I've always appreciated the time you took to speak with me.....but , this is a discussion board right? This isn't the vendor's section. How bout telling me why they are worth the astronomically high price with a little more info.....and can you tell me again how you can claim that these are the only on car adjustable rear control arms...that just isn't true...again I never had a problem with you but there's no need to try to pull rank here cuz I voiced an opinion.... Joel
First of all nobody is trying to "Pull rank".... I have no problem with you! People are entitled to their opinions and you voiced yours, if you don't want to pay that price that is entirely up to you and fine with me..

As for the astronomical price it's really not too far off from the leading manufactures of these Buick G-body control arms.. Here are some examples and with no disrespect at all to these vendors as I am good friends with them but this is just as an example of price..

Metco:

$595.00 for both uppers & lowers (and the lowers are NOT adjustable!)

H&R Parts:

$568.00 for both uppers & lowers ( and the lowers are NOT adjustable!)

SO with METCO you have a difference of $230 and with H&R Parts the difference is $257... So the difference with the DSE uppers & lowers your getting an adjustable Lower control arm (which i'm sure if the others made the lowers adjustable this Price difference would be Much smaller) and you even get the DSE's patented swivel link technology that let's your suspension articulate like it should.

Scot W.

Rob,

I after looking on their site I see very few products listed for the G-body so I looked at their A-body line of rear suspension products as an example and see that they might swivel in the same manner as DSE's but I also noticed that they are not adjustable where as DSE's Are... I am sure if I call DSE and ask to just sell just the lowers or uppers they would do that for me.

Scot W.

Thanks Scott. You are right the Speed Tech ones not being on the site yet - they just are finishing them up. They do adjust by twisting them, and lock in place (lengthwise) when you bolt them in the car.

I am just very glad there are more choices coming out for making G-Bodies handle. When I did my front end several years ago there wasn't many choices at all. Now with DSE, Speed Tech, SC&C, Global West, Hellwig and several others building stuff for G-bodies, we all have some great choices at varying price points.

Thanks for highlighting these - and it's going to make my decision even harder.

Rob

Rob,

Scot W.

Just want to Clarify Scott the Speedtech Trailing arms in fact ARE adjustable, both uppers and lowers. not trying to make a big deal just providing all the information.
The Speedtech Trailing arms use a completly different system than DSE, We also use Delrin bushings in all locations Except the upper rear end bushing, there for no need to replace that one. the delrin adds no noticable road noise.

The G body stuff will be loaded this comming week.

Just want to Clarify Scott the Speedtech Trailing arms in fact ARE adjustable, both uppers and lowers. not trying to make a big deal just providing all the information.
The Speedtech Trailing arms use a completly different system than DSE, We also use Delrin bushings in all locations Except the upper rear end bushing, there for no need to replace that one. the delrin adds no noticable road noise.

The G body stuff will be loaded this coming week.

Since you use the expression "we" I'm gonna presume you're working for Speedtech? Would you like to be a vendor on here then? There are some rules you need to follow if you're not a vendor.:) Please don't misunderstand me here but advertising isn't free here after all.:) Either contact SGRIM or I can send him a note to contact you. Thanks.:)

After Rob explained how they adjust it makes sense why they appear non adjustable. So to adjust yours you have to remove one end and spin it to adjust it then re-install correct?

SW.

Scot,
What is the expected life out of the swivel joints guessing its a bearing of sorts is there any lubrication needed?
Chris

Scot,
What is the expected life out of the swivel joints guessing its a bearing of sorts is there any lubrication needed?
Chris
Not possessive on the life out of the swivel link but they are made with a bearing and a bushing and pre-assembled with grease so there is no maintenance.

SW.

The G body stuff will be loaded this comming week.

Killer, I don't post in the suspension section any longer because of this reason. If your name isn't blue, we aren't allowed to post information on a non vendor product. Its not worth the time because it will only turn into a battle.

P.s. Your car is freaking awesome dude! Love it!

Scott, how much horsepower are these rated for? Have they been tested at the track launching of a T brake? Are the greasable or not? By your last post, I'm assuming they aren't? How much for just the uppers?

Have they been tested at the track launching of a T brake? Are the greasable or not? By your last post, I'm assuming they aren't? How much for just the uppers?

Odd question, considering his bars are designed primarilly for autocross/roadrace applications, and NOT drag racing. There's a reason drag racers run boxed/solid bars, to reduce articulation. Scot's bars are designed to enhance articulation.

Killer, I don't post in the suspension section any longer because of this reason. If your name isn't blue, we aren't allowed to post information on a non vendor product. Its not worth the time because it will only turn into a battle.

P.s. Your car is freaking awesome dude! Love it!

You can post info on other systems, if you're not connected to them in any way. If you bought them or made them yourself and it's not for comercial purposes. If you advertise a product and are not a vendor then it's a problem. As a for instance, if you say we make this or that it means that you're advertising and that's a no-no, or say "I bought them from my friend that sells this".