Rear sway bar

I went with the Detroit Speed Bar.

Attachments

• Detroit speed sway bar (1).JPG
    Detroit speed sway bar (1).JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 429
Does the HR bar clear the T/A cover and a hooker exhaust? Any pics would be great. This is going to be gift if it works...to myself.

New best with the Hellwig bar. 93 Octane and Alky :biggrin:

1.55 60 foot
6.65 1/8
105.91 1/8 mph
10.40 1/4
132.23 1/4 mph

1.55 60 foot
6.65 1/8
105.91 1/8 mph
10.40 1/4
132.23 1/4 mph

Is that off your foot or a trans brake? I'm looking at all bars but leaning towards the HR bar... Thoughts on street driving? TIA What turbo?

1.55 60 foot
6.65 1/8
105.91 1/8 mph
10.40 1/4
132.23 1/4 mph

maybe i missed it but what were the times before the bar? and was anything other than the bar changed from then til now?

That is a footbrake launch with the bar in the middle position. As far as street driving, I haven't even bothered putting the front sway bar on since I have had it, it is that solid.

70 P-trim turbo.

I did switch to adjustable shocks on all four corners. I dont think that made any difference though. I had all four shocks set on 1. If I would have had the fronts set on 4 I would have had more weight transfer over the rear tires, but traction was great at BG, I didnt spin. This is on 275 drag radials as well, leaving the line at 14 psi. Here is a video of my car leaving, round 1 of TAI eliminations at BG.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/imjoesnuffy

I tried making the video public, not sure if it works or not. Let me know.

I went with the Detroit Speed Bar.
With my complete DSE suspension I have had 60' times with a foot brake of 1.80 on street tires! Toyo proxis T1R's to be exact..... I know those times will drop like a rock with slicks or even drag radials but that's just not what i'm into anymore.... (NEVER ENOUGH) Let us know how you like the DSE bar and how it worked for you!

For the $55 difference between the Helwig bar and the DSE bar, I just can't see having to spend extra time having to cut down the end links to make them fit the car you bought them for! Seems to me Helwig should have corrected this flaw by now, maybe they have? I know that the DSE bar bolts right up without having to cut & modify anything....

SW.

Got my H&R bar installed today. It WILL clear the Hooker exhaust. It's tight, but it'll fit. Its almost to the maximum recommended installed width. Seems to work good, really tightened the car up.

DSC02482.jpg

I have a question regarding the washers up in the Clevis portion. Do the washer mount on the outside of the Clevis or inside between the bushing? Looking at the pics I thought I saw a washer on the inside. It would be tough to both inside on each end?

With my complete DSE suspension I have had 60' times with a foot brake of 1.80 on street tires! Toyo proxis T1R's to be exact..... I know those times will drop like a rock with slicks or even drag radials but that's just not what i'm into anymore.... (NEVER ENOUGH) Let us know how you like the DSE bar and how it worked for you!

For the $55 difference between the Helwig bar and the DSE bar, I just can't see having to spend extra time having to cut down the end links to make them fit the car you bought them for! Seems to me Helwig should have corrected this flaw by now, maybe they have? I know that the DSE bar bolts right up without having to cut & modify anything....

SW.

which bar is only $55 difference?? the hellwig is out there for around $195-210 shipped ?

Well after calling both DSE And Hellwig, I gathered information from them along with information from others on the board and ordered the Hellwig Rear Sway Bar from amazon. $203.00 Shipped. While I haven't installed it yet I'm sure I'll be happy. I've invested a lot of time asked a lot of questions, researched, and members have shared their input. To all the members that called me back and helped in the process, Thank You.

I know its posted in one of these pages but what is the exact part number for the hellwig rear bar?