Rear sway bar

Couple of things to note before/during fitting.
Check all the hardware is correct. The nuts for the axle U bolts were wrong thread. I had my on spares to fit.
You will need to fit all bushings before starting the install. Takes a little while depending on what tools you have around.
Ensure that the car is sat on the ground when fitting the drop links or they will be wrong/not fit.
Drilling two half inch holes was a PITA even wit good drill bits!

How does this bar (Hellwig) compare at the drag strip to the 125% higher priced HR bar????

thanks for all the info in this thread.

Check all the hardware is correct. The nuts for the axle U bolts were wrong thread.

I am pretty certain they were locking/interference-fit nuts and were supposed to be tight. We don't want these things backing off, now do we?

How does this bar (Hellwig) compare at the drag strip to the 125% higher priced HR bar????

It has a 125% lower price.

I don't think that too many folks here will have done back-to-back comparisons of these parts. However, you can figure that there is going to be some issues (advantages?) surrounding rate and roll control when you step up to a larger diameter or solid bar.

It has a 125% lower price. thats what i said???

I don't think that too many folks here will have done back-to-back comparisons of these parts. However, you can figure that there is going to be some issues (advantages?) surrounding rate and roll control when you step up to a larger diameter or solid bar.

i thought the same thing BUT since so many guys have multiple cars i sortta hope some one has one bar on one car and the other bar on the other car (wish full thinking).

any way at this point it doesn't matter much since i just placed my order for for the Hellwig bar.
i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Yeah, those ubolt nuts go on TIGHT. they are the right thread though.

Haven't driven the car yet with the bar installed... decided it would be a good idea to clean up the engine wiring harness...

Those U bolt nuts do fit? Wow, looks like I have a spare set then:biggrin:
I do like how the car drives so straight when the right foot is planted. My car would squirrel around before the new bar was fitted. Not now.

I cant compare to the HR Bar, but compared to the ATR bar, here goes....

I am currently on 255/60-15 DRs. With no other changes than the bar:

Last year on the ATR Bar, I was using an inaccurate tire pressure gauge unknowingly. The gauge was off by about 10 psi. I started at 24 and worked my way down to 10 psi and managed a 1.76

This year with no other changes than the bar at 22 psi and accurate gauge, first time out I managed a 1.62 60 foot time. This was also done on the softest setting for the Hellwig bar.

I know with the gauge variable it isn't scientific, but I did drop .14 with no other changes.

Wish I had read this last week before I ordered the airbags.I see every one ordered the tubular bars.Why not the soled? imjoesnuffy is close to my setup, My target ET 11.9 any more runs with this Bar?

Wish I had read this last week before I ordered the airbags.I see every one ordered the tubular bars.Why not the soled? imjoesnuffy is close to my setup, My target ET 11.9 any more runs with this Bar?

I am getting consistent 1.62s and 1.63s. Just been having fun, been to the track several times pretty consistent 7.12-7.19s around 98 mph on 21 psi 1/8 mile.

I am really liking the middle position for the bar for regular driving.

hellwig bar

i also have this bar on my car (just got it)
and love it, it helps at the 1/4 and the turns
on the stiffest setting with NO pre-load it kept my car nice and leveled at launch.

did you have the bar at the middle position at the track also?

Yes, next time out I will try the stiffest setting. I currently have qa1 adjustable shocks. All the way soft on the front, and on two on the rears. I am not not getting enough weight transfer to the rear.tires and they are breaking loose 10-15 feet out. Maybe the softest setting is where I need to start to get max transfer over the tire.

60 ft

this is my problem I sucked it up and ordered one yesterday.Imjoesnuffy you still having traction issues ?the 60s look better Do we have any more 60 times with the new bar?

this is my problem I sucked it up and ordered one yesterday.Imjoesnuffy you still having traction issues ?the 60s look better Do we have any more 60 times with the new bar?

I think my traction issues are tire related. I am running a 255 drag radial. I think once I try a 28-10.5-15 slick, I will see further improvements. With a single adjustable rear shock, I can't get it to compress and stay down long enough before it unloads the rear tires. I can launch with more boost, but it will break loose 10-20 feet out.

I run 255 also not sure I want 28in tire for my 11.9 target ET If I cant get it to hook with this bar and bags Ill probably go 275/50 -15 DR