Rear sway bar

I ordered the Hellwig bar today from Mark Savitske. Granted, I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere, but, considering he pretty much designed it, I decided to be a return customer. It'll go on when the 8.5 goes in.

I ordered the Hellwig bar today from Mark Savitske. Granted, I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere, but, considering he pretty much designed it, I decided to be a return customer. It'll go on when the 8.5 goes in.

Wish I had an extra $60 to spare to be faithful but I gotta go where the deals are.

Care to further explain that statement? :confused:

Mark designed the Spohn Pro-Touring bar. The Spohn bar preceded all the other brands. I remember him talking about having it in the works 4 or 5 years ago (maybe longer).

Mark designed the Spohn Pro-Touring bar. The Spohn bar preceded all the other brands. I remember him talking about having it in the works 4 or 5 years ago (maybe longer).

That isn't a design so-much-as an adaptation of a concept (axle & chassis mounted). The design at it's purest has existed since at least 1982 on production GM vehicles (Camaro & Firebird); however, I can't speak for its truest origin.

I can see giving some credibility for the adjustability/rate adjustment but that is about it.

That isn't a design so-much-as an adaptation of a concept (axle & chassis mounted). The design at it's purest has existed since at least 1982 on production GM vehicles (Camaro & Firebird); however, I can't speak for its truest origin.

I can see giving some credibility for the adjustability/rate adjustment but that is about it.

No, it's not a completely new idea, but there was still very much time getting the correct widths for bends and mounting points as well as figuring out how long to make the lever arms to create just the right rate (or rates in the case) of stiffness. There is also the decision as to how thick the bar should be. I'd say that there was plenty of designing involved.

FYI: Mark told me that, even at the farthest forward setting on the bar, it has nearly four times the stiffness of the factory bar.

No, it's not a completely new idea, but there was still very much time getting the correct widths for bends and mounting points as well as figuring out how long to make the lever arms to create just the right rate (or rates in the case) of stiffness. There is also the decision as to how thick the bar should be. I'd say that there was plenty of designing involved.

Fully understood and appreciated. I just didn't want people to think that he outright claimed its intellectual conception, gestation and birth.

what years were those last gen s10 blazers?...i think i am gonna hit the boneyard to get one..not to hijack the thread but, what vehicle is compatible for a good performance front sway bar from as well?

what years were those last gen s10 blazers?...i think i am gonna hit the boneyard to get one..not to hijack the thread but, what vehicle is compatible for a good performance front sway bar from as well?

82-92 Camaro Firebird 36 mm Front Sway Bar Hollow with the FE2 or 1LE suspension package

Don't look for any models with the v6 they weren't available on those.

60 ft

do we have some new results with Hellwig bar?Got mine installed this week. I set it to the middle adj.I have not even driven it yet.I through-away the upper mount and fabricated one like HR's and used shock bolts for the bottom,It will be a pan to adjust,but is a much better installation.Im hopping this will fix my 60 ft,and plant passenger side tire.

not a G-body but the same basic type of suspension

with out it [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlDrVp7x1m0[/YOUTUBE]

with it [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukz-RFDQJ0k[/YOUTUBE]

12.10 to 11.74 just with the bar change? It appeared to have a better 60 ft.What was old 60 and the new 60 and what was the old and new 1/8mile ET & MPH?

12.10 to 11.74 just with the bar change? It appeared to have a better 60 ft.What was old 60 and the new 60 and what was the old and new 1/8mile ET & MPH?

Its a different build, I am simply showing the launch difference with out the bar the car leaned real bad with the bar it was nice and leveled